2019 NBA Playoff Discussion

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was almost a must win for the Raptors in game 1 and they got the win at home.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And now the cable tv star Drake is talking crap to Draymond.

Hats off to Toronto, Siakam not only went 14-17, he did it being guarded mostly by Draymond.

Really good defensive team, the Warriors need a counter, the obvious one would be Iggy making an open shot but it appeared he was nowhere close. Hope he's ok came up limping late.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Siakam is like capela but with skills, Green had no answers

They tried to double team early in the shot clock but the Raptors kept making them

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game two Kerr will have some counters to high court Curry double teams.

Curry struggles with that way too often, he's so casual with those loop passes defenders know it's coming and deflect it.

I was going to say more Looney, less Bell and Cousins but they actually had better plus minus numbers than Kevon did

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curry struggles with that way too often, he's so casual with those loop passes defenders know it's coming and deflect it.

I was going to say more Looney, less Bell and Cousins but they actually had better plus minus numbers than Kevon did

So do you think Durant is coming back?

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was a huge win for Toronto. Iggy getting hurt is really bad for Golden State. They couldn't afford to lose him with Durant still out. Losing a wing like Iggy is probably one of the worst injuries they could be handed right now. Siakam and Leonard are both too big and strong to be guarded by Klay so Iggy's injury will be huge if he misses more than 1 game. They have until Sunday to come up with something.

This should be a good series. It was a really fun game.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Two good coaches that can make adjustments. This should be fun.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, there was NO fright in the Raptors fight tonight. That was an impressive W from a team hosting it's first ever NBA Finals against a team trying to become one of the greatest dynasties ever.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
man, there was NO fright in the Raptors fight tonight. That was an impressive W from a team hosting it's first ever NBA Finals against a team trying to become one of the greatest dynasties ever.
No doubt. I expected nerves.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nurse is a good coach. The running after shots and made baskets Kerr said they were prepared for but it still worked.

But he also kept denying Curry on inbounds plays, the Warriors like to have Draymond inbound to Steph then get it back and run it upcourt, but they wouldn't let Steph get the inbounds so it often wound up with Klay or Iggy taking it instead of Draymond running it up.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a huge win for Toronto. Iggy getting hurt is really bad for Golden State. They couldn't afford to lose him with Durant still out. Losing a wing like Iggy is probably one of the worst injuries they could be handed right now. Siakam and Leonard are both too big and strong to be guarded by Klay so Iggy's injury will be huge if he misses more than 1 game. They have until Sunday to come up with something.

This should be a good series. It was a really fun game.

did they already rule him out? I went and took a shower so I didn't see that

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
did they already rule him out? I went and took a shower so I didn't see that

I hadn't heard yet. I would guess he'll be out but I don't think they said anything. Coverage on Channel 15 here went off almost right after the game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hadn't heard yet. I would guess he'll be out but I don't think they said anything. Coverage on Channel 15 here went off almost right after the game.

OK. He stayed in after it happened you could see him waving off Kerr that he didn't need to come out but that was end of game not a full game.

At his age you never know when he's going to get hurt again, fully expect he'll retire so my guess is he'll do everything he can to play this series because it's almost assuredly his last.

I hope he finds his jumpshot, he was nowhere near tonight on the open 3's.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Got outplayed. Klay needs to step up his game, he was bad on both ends tonight. Dubs will still win series. Hats of to Toronto.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you think they'll try to start Cousins in game 2? Gasol was a real handful for them and he could help them even things out. He played pretty well tonight consider he missed the last 2 rounds.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Part of it is Kawhi's personality. That guy is competitive, but never rattled. I just do not think he is distracted by a lot of stuff around him. He is a simple guy who focuses on the game and the game alone. He does not think big picture much.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think they'll try to start Cousins in game 2? Gasol was a real handful for them and he could help them even things out. He played pretty well tonight consider he missed the last 2 rounds.

I think much depends on what is the deal with Iggy's calf. If he can play they will probably start the same lineup. If he can't they may decide we need more size and offense and go with Boogie. It was pretty apparent he's not in game shape you could see him wheezing and coughing at the FT line after a few minutes so he can't play major minutes but yeah he's a better offensive option

I expect some changes, do more to either free up Curry or to use him as a decoy when they're putting 2 guys on him. Klay has to play better they need to run some stuff for him. I think Iggy and Draymond if the 3's aren't falling they have to stop settling for setting up at 3 and start diving to the rim when the ball is rotating.

Toronto bothered lots of stuff inside the Warriors have to either finish better or go up stronger and draw fouls on those.

They have to defend better so Toronto doesn't get so many wide open 3's.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part of it is Kawhi's personality. That guy is competitive, but never rattled. I just do not think he is distracted by a lot of stuff around him. He is a simple guy who focuses on the game and the game alone. He does not think big picture much.

He was perfect last night he didn't force it, let the game come to him, drew fouls to get points, hit some huge 3's. Siakam and Gasol were great but they were open in large part by design because of how the Warriors guarded Kawhi, and Kawhi did everything right to allow them to make plays. Gave the ball up at the right time to the right guy etc.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With how Kawhi has been playing this postseason and how he played in game 1, I think he's making a really good case for himself as the best player in the league right now. Giannis will probably be this year's MVP and Harden will be the #2 in voting but Kawhi has to be a favorite for it next season. He has such a complete game that there is nothing he can't do. He gives you everything you could ask for and more offensively and then plays lockdown defense while he's on the court for 35-40 minutes. I can't remember the last player I saw play that hard and that well on both sides of the ball.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
backyardunwieldy