2019 NBA Playoff Discussion

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Warriors are lucky they're only down by 5. Toronto has been good but the Warriors haven't been very good defensively and have picked up some really dumb fouls. Curry finally got his shot going, which has helped them stay in striking distance. Iggy going out will hurt in the 2nd half.

I'm surprised he's playing tonight but it is the finals and Iggy is a trooper. If at any point you suck it up and push yourself, it's now. They've won 3 of the last 4 titles and he seems to play like they're still going after that 1st title though. I hope he doesn't retire after this series/season but with all the injuries he's dealt with over the last 5 years, it wouldn't surprise me.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF CURRY?

That was huge strip by VV broke the momentum just like the stupid turnover by Draymond where he passed it right to Kawhi.

The difference in the game is the other guys again. Jerebko, McKinnie, iggy they're all missing uncontested shots which allows the Raptors to help off them. For Toronto VV, Powell etc were making the open shots.

They are a really well coached team, Kerr has to figure out what he's going to do all the switches are not working they are getting size mismatches.

Too bad Boogie is not in game shape yet it actually looks like he can be a factor offensively but he can't stop fouling because he's winded so quickly.

Need Looney to play in the 2nd half he didn't seem to get into this game at all

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors are lucky they're only down by 5. Toronto has been good but the Warriors haven't been very good defensively and have picked up some really dumb fouls. Curry finally got his shot going, which has helped them stay in striking distance. Iggy going out will hurt in the 2nd half.

I'm surprised he's playing tonight but it is the finals and Iggy is a trooper. If at any point you suck it up and push yourself, it's now. They've won 3 of the last 4 titles and he seems to play like they're still going after that 1st title though. I hope he doesn't retire after this series/season but with all the injuries he's dealt with over the last 5 years, it wouldn't surprise me.

he's been hinting for weeks he's retiring so I expect him to give it everything he can. That was a clean pick just a fluke that his head hit Gasol's elbow.

Outside of one flurry from Boogie it's been 3 on 5 the whole game and Curry until the end didn't get it going

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
The warriors should be down at least 20 with how they played in the first half. Amazing how that team can just hang around

VanVleet looks great tonight. He's taken over the game in the last 3-4 minutes. I didn't think we'd see that. He's a fine player but I didn't think he was capable of doing all that he is.

He'd look pretty good in a suns jersey

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They said left shoulder on Looney but he's icing the right one isn't he?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looney likely out rest of game: chest contusion

You could see it when he got up from that fall in the first half he looked like he was in real pain.

So far no Jordan Bell, if Jerebko can't make shots you gotta play Bell IMO.

Personally I'd try Bogut but Kerr doesn' seem to think he can matchup in this series

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
You could see it when he got up from that fall in the first half he looked like he was in real pain.

So far no Jordan Bell, if Jerebko can't make shots you gotta play Bell IMO.

Personally I'd try Bogut but Kerr doesn' seem to think he can matchup in this series
Kawakami just said Bell is next man up at center if looney is done

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never seen them defend this well with Boogie on the court. Toronto has missed a couple of open looks but basically they are not getting anything easy right now due to the defense.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Apparently the Raptors had Dairy Queen at half time and took a nap for the first 6 minutes of the third quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boogie and Bogut were both good in that quarter, Boogie was great. Nice coaching move goign to Boogie as the playmaker in the halfcourt and then with Bogut in they use him for lobs knowing Toronto won't play him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draymond’s turnovers have occurred at critical momentum moments.

That and the dumb fouls giving Kawhi FT's are the only reason this isn't a 15 point lead. Suffocating defense but they let Toronto stay within striking distance. kawhi is just automatic at the FT line now.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
They took the gas off final four to five of the quarter ...could’ve stepped on them...now Raptors in position to get lead back vs the dead lineup to start 4th.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
25 assists through 3 quarter by the Warriors starting 5, the lowest is 4 by Boogie and Klay.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He could miss rest of finals...not good.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't recall seeing one team get this many guys banged up at the same time. Klay got hurt when Danny Green fouled him on a missed 3 and fell funny. I think he must have reinjured the same thing right after that.

Quinn Cook a huge run off the bench, he's probably going to stay in with Klay hurt

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I can't recall seeing one team get this many guys banged up at the same time. Klay got hurt when Danny Green fouled him on a missed 3 and fell funny. I think he must have reinjured the same thing right after that.

Quinn Cook a huge run off the bench, he's probably going to stay in with Klay hurt
Danny Green has been getting away with semi dirty plays entire series.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take it back Green didn't foul Klay on the shot

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser