2020 3rd round pick is Josh Jones T

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Huh, lol, well that seems to fly in the face of him being weak in the drills.
Jones did perform best in drills when he was inside at OG. He did not look as good one on one on the outside. In fairness, his skill set is not built for one on one drills. He is not great at anything at this point in time. Again, think Bobby Massie.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I didn’t love him and thought he was pretty stiff but this great value. Massie comp is a good one.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Jones did perform best in drills when he was inside at OG. He did not look as good one on one on the outside. In fairness, his skill set is not built for one on one drills. He is not great at anything at this point in time. Again, think Bobby Massie.
If he’s massie I’m good with this. Killer should be able to turn a massie into a league average offensive lineman which would be fine with me.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Here is what I know about Josh Jones. RS Sr which means he dominated as an older player in college. Nothing special as an athlete or player. Steady and consistent but nothing flashy. High floor, low ceiling type of player. Personally I wasn't sure he moved well enough for this offense but if they think he fits, hopefully he will. Nice type of guy to get in round 3 though I don't know how big the gap is between him and Murray.

He was easily BPA.

He is Austin Jackson with better tape. I have no issues taking a guy who needs a bit of work with Kugler as the OL coach. I think hes a long term starter at RT and will be a good player.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My only worry is eventually hearing about some unknown issue that made him drop so far. Otherwise, it's very difficult not to like this pick.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He was easily BPA.

He is Austin Jackson with better tape. I have no issues taking a guy who needs a bit of work with Kugler as the OL coach. I think hes a long term starter at RT and will be a good player.
I disagree with this. Jackson is a much better athlete and two years younger. Jones is more polished at this point in time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I disagree with this. Jackson is a much better athlete and two years younger. Jones is more polished at this point in time.

To be clear, i disagree with Jones being better than Jackson. I agree that he was one of the best options when we picked.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I think he'll struggle with speed rusher could dominate a bull rusher tho. And studly in the run game. Dude can be nasty but I have seen tape where he gets passive like when the play is going the other way.