2024 3rd round pick #66 is Trey Benson RB

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don't get what y'all see in this guy. I didn't watch him at FSU, but he hasn't shown any outstanding traits has a pro, including when he was up against practice squadders and CrossFit trainers at the end of preseason games.

2.6 YPC against Duke. 3.7 YPC against North Alabama. 3.2 YPC against Boston College. Okay.

Looked nothing more than above-average to me at FSU. NFL talent but third rd was a reach for RB given our holes on the DL.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't get what y'all see in this guy. I didn't watch him at FSU, but he hasn't shown any outstanding traits has a pro, including when he was up against practice squadders and CrossFit trainers at the end of preseason games.

2.6 YPC against Duke. 3.7 YPC against North Alabama. 3.2 YPC against Boston College. Okay.

Hard to judge him on single game numbers because who's he running behind? What FSU O linemen have made it to the NFL?

D'Mitri Emmanuel, Jeremiah Byers, Casey Roddick, Maurice Smith, Darius Washington and Robert Scott Jr are all current or future farmers/insurance salesmen.

He did have a lot of good traits and a lot of people considered him the best RB in the class.

But also it's a meritocracy and he should earn his spot, and he hasn't shown anything at RB2. Both Emari and Carter should be getting more snaps than him for now.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
Better play him as much as possible.

After this weeks performance by JC he might not have another high performance season left in him.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
fair.... I still think if we get through front half of the season at .500 then we are in position to close strong with a weak schedule back half

Just keep floating around .500 for now
Agreed, if they can beat Washington they are still right on track.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah...same issues in the NFL that he had in college. He is currently 5th in the rookie class in rushing yards. His 1.9 yards per attempt is the worst. Hopefully he figures it out but lots of talented college RBs don't make it because they have terrible rushing instincts and can't improve.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Hard to judge him on single game numbers because who's he running behind? What FSU O linemen have made it to the NFL?

D'Mitri Emmanuel, Jeremiah Byers, Casey Roddick, Maurice Smith, Darius Washington and Robert Scott Jr are all current or future farmers/insurance salesmen.

He did have a lot of good traits and a lot of people considered him the best RB in the class.

But also it's a meritocracy and he should earn his spot, and he hasn't shown anything at RB2. Both Emari and Carter should be getting more snaps than him for now.
This is not a serious post. Few college programs have one NFL player on their OL, much less five. FSU had an undefeated season and Trey Benson came along for the ride.

It’s a third round pick; take big swings. If he works out it’s a great value. But no one should be surprised that a guy who couldn’t earn regular time in college can’t earn regular time in the NFL.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If Benson was considered the best back in the draft it doesn’t say much for that group. Not impressed at this point.
Full disclosure...many had Brooks as the best back but he was coming off major injury. It wasn't a great RB class, and I do think Benson showed big play ability in a large frame, but he never got a large workload and his instincts were questioned. IMO, RB is one of those positions like QB, CB and ILB were a lack of instincts can significantly hinder top-end talent.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05