2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean… you can hear the crowd collectively laugh at Ayton there.
That was beyond bad. I can't put into words how much I am glad he is not on this team any longer. Our defense has taken a big step back and I still don't care if that puts it into perspective.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Per reports, Joel Embiid is to have a corrective procedure done on his left knee this week.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

“Corrective procedure to address” is an interesting way to describe legitimate knee surgery. If they do the repair option instead of cutting it out he’ll be done for a while. Eric Bledsoe did the repair and he was done for the season after surgery in December.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Corrective procedure to address” is an interesting way to describe legitimate knee surgery. If they do the repair option instead of cutting it out he’ll be done for a while. Eric Bledsoe did the repair and he was done for the season after surgery in December.
Structural? He is done for the season I bet. His knee will be stronger if they do this but I can't remember the last time a player had a structural procedure and returned the same season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Either way, my guess is Embiid is out for the season.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Structural? He is done for the season I bet. His knee will be stronger if they do this but I can't remember the last time a player had a structural procedure and returned the same season.

Might not be. It’s the same surgery Cam Johnson had last season.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might not be. It’s the same surgery Cam Johnson had last season.
Possibly but Cam Johnson isn't banging with the biggest guys in the NBA. I would have major concern about him being 100% before making things worse.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Literally the TITLE link to the article said "Mikal".....it couldn't be clearer. If I was just posing a personal opinion I would have. I get it, miles of difference between the two and the one is a complete POS. Totally agree. Can you only see the title on certain devices?!?

The board has been weird and sometimes it loads an article preview and others it's just a URL. Not sure what the issue is. I only saw the URL on mobile, no preview.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The board has been weird and sometimes it loads an article preview and others it's just a URL. Not sure what the issue is. I only saw the URL on mobile, no preview.
Ahhhh...OK. Makes sense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grayson Allen will not be in the 3-point shooting contest.

It makes sense since he is leading the league in 3-point shooting percentage.

IMO, this stuff takes away from the All-Star events.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a player that might be in jail for the playoffs? AND no promise that he will resign with the team that gets him.
That is our wheelhouse because we couldn't resign him if we wanted.

One has to ask, would a chance at a championship this season be worth it?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this is accurate, good luck with that.

Who in their right mind would give that up for that dude? I would say it's 50/50 if he gets suspended or commits another crime before the season is over.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who in their right mind would give that up for that dude? I would say it's 50/50 if he gets suspended or commits another crime before the season is over.

OKC could do it and not even blink with all the draft picks they have.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
OKC could do it and not even blink with all the draft picks they have.
Picks sure, but would they send one of their top young guys as well? I doubt that.

Of course all of this means nothing unless he wants to go to the team that is willing to spend a lot.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw this on the Athletic and thought it was funny. Not often do you see trades involving lottery picks and max players result in nothing.

Remember when ... nobody won a Bucks/76ers/Suns trade​

The trade deadline is two days away! This past Friday, we started ranking the five best and five worst deadline deals of all-time. Today, we check out the third-worst trade on this list:
Third-worst deadline deal: Feb. 19, 2015
Bucks acquire Michael Carter-Williams, Tyler Ennis, Miles Plumlee
Suns acquire Brandon Knight, Kendall Marshall
76ers acquire 2018 first-round pick
I know what you're thinking. Why is this so bad? Everybody lost in this trade. Carter-Williams played 79 games for the Bucks … poorly. Knight played 117 games for the Suns over two-plus seasons, but the team was terrible with him. Ennis and Plumlee did nothing for Milwaukee. Marshall was waived two days after the trade.
And that first-round pick for Philly? The 76ers used it to draft Mikal Bridges (10th overall, 2018) … and traded him to Phoenix for Zhaire Smith, whose NBA career lasted 13 games. It’s a big bag of nothing here.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pistons are reportedly trading Kevin Knox.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trade of Simone Fonteccio to the Pistons should yield the Jazz an early 2nd round pick.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser