2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, you guys should look up his "highlights". He is outrageously awful on film and his advanced stats are some of the worst I've ever seen. His "win shares" have been either in the negatives or a fraction of a decimal. His true shooting is 10% below the league average, his net rating is a -20.

He jumps off the page, even when compared to other absolutely terrible players, in the eye test he is just as bad. And it is not just this year, it is his entire career. Detroit fans have been wanting him gone for 2 seasons, and were outraged when he spent much of this year over Ivey in the rotation.

Someone might kick the tires for the rest of the year, but I think this time next year he is going to be playing in the Polish 2nd division or something.
I still disagree. I think for the role he would play on this team he would be fine. He likely would not play in the playoffs.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still disagree. I think for the role he would play on this team he would be fine. He likely would not play in the playoffs.

He wouldn't play at any point.

I cannot emphasize enough. He has, literally, been the worst player in the NBA for 4 years running. Wouldn't crack our rotation, he shouldn't crack anyone's rotation.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It looks like the Lakers will get Dinwiddie.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Well, if he plays like he did in Brooklyn, he will help drag them into the abyss. He over dribbles and plays slow as molasses. He shouldn't be a point guard, but the Lakers might ask him to play off the ball, where he might be less bad.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wouldn't play at any point.

I cannot emphasize enough. He has, literally, been the worst player in the NBA for 4 years running. Wouldn't crack our rotation, he shouldn't crack anyone's rotation.
He literally is not. LOL. I think he would be fine as an emergency minutes guy if our other guys are in foul trouble. I don't think he is a rotation guy by any stretch.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He literally is not. LOL. I think he would be fine as an emergency minutes guy if our other guys are in foul trouble. I don't think he is a rotation guy by any stretch.

He 100% is. By several statistical measures, he is an all time NBA disaster and watching him play he is just as horrible as the stats suggest.

If not for his draft slot he would have been cut and sent overseas years ago, teams just have a hard time admitted they made a mistake.

He was the worst player, by far, on the worst team, by far, in the league. Signing him would be a complete waste of a roster spot and playing him would be begging to give up a 10 point run in 3 minutes of playing time.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He 100% is. By several statistical measures, he is an all time NBA disaster and watching him play he is just as horrible as the stats suggest.

If not for his draft slot he would have been cut and sent overseas years ago, teams just have a hard time admitted they made a mistake.

He was the worst player, by far, on the worst team, by far, in the league. Signing him would be a complete waste of a roster spot and playing him would be begging to give up a 10 point run in 3 minutes of playing time.
OK. Can you show me where statistically he ranks as the worst player in the NBA? If not? It "literally" isn't the case and it's not 100%. A guy that can get 7 points and almost 5 assists in the best league in the world isn't the worst player in the NBA but maybe he isn't worth a roster spot compared to what else is available. I have not seen a complete list of players the Suns can get yet.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
OK. Can you show me where statistically he ranks as the worst player in the NBA? If not? It "literally" isn't the case and it's not 100%. A guy that can get 7 points and almost 5 assists in the best league in the world isn't the worst player in the NBA but maybe he isn't worth a roster spot compared to what else is available. I have not seen a complete list of players the Suns can get yet.
Check the other thread. Hayes is actually probably one of the better guys available that is getting waived. Not saying he's great by any means, but the pickings are pretty slim.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

The guy who they had to expand the chart several degrees to the wrong side so they could fit him in, all by himself.

That is Killian Hayes. Over the years there are a lot of charts like this.

There he is again, the bottom bottom guy on the bottom end of a chart.

I know he's been dead last in real plus minutes, he has a negative win shares (which is almost impossible for a dude who plays as much as he does), he has the worst plus minus of the 2020s, his net rating for his career is a -20.

He is impossibly bad. The best thing that can be said is that he doesn't turn the ball over much. However, he's so bad at the other aspects of offense that he is a drag on his team whenever he is on the court, he also can't defend anyone.

He is utterly lost as an NBA player.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The guy who they had to expand the chart several degrees to the wrong side so they could fit him in, all by himself.

That is Killian Hayes. Over the years there are a lot of charts like this.

There he is again, the bottom bottom guy on the bottom end of a chart.

I know he's been dead last in real plus minutes, he has a negative win shares (which is almost impossible for a dude who plays as much as he does), he has the worst plus minus of the 2020s, his net rating for his career is a -20.

He is impossibly bad. The best thing that can be said is that he doesn't turn the ball over much. However, he's so bad at the other aspects of offense that he is a drag on his team whenever he is on the court, he also can't defend anyone.

He is utterly lost as an NBA player.
Two stats is some phenomenal cherry picking. Again, he may not be worthy but you still can't put up some of the stats he does being the worst player in the NBA. Something tells me you have some history on hating this dude. ;)

For sure those 2 stats are anything but promising. Thanks for posting. The one thing about any of these guys is situational minutes plays a big factor positive or negative. I plan on doing a deeper dive on a couple of these guys when I get a chance. In the meantime I posted some generic stats on the other thread for all available players.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Just FYI here is a quick view of the available players and their stats per game this year:

PlayersPositionPPGRPGAPGFG%3PT%StealsBlocksTOPlus/Minus
Killian HayesPG6.92.84.941.329.70.90.51.2-5.8
Cory JosephPG61.2335.9310.20.10.5-0.5
Derrick RosePG8.51.83.344.735.10.40.11.3-1.7
Patty MillsPG2.71.10.737.338.20.50.10.4-2.1
Victor OladipoSG10.733.539.7331.40.32.1-0.8
Seth CurrySG4.31.40.837.236.30.50.10.42.4
Delon WrightSG4.41.92.739.738.91.20.20.3-1.2
Danuel HouseSG/SF4.21.70.844.8300.40.10.60.6
Otto Porter Jr.SF2.61.90.542.434.80.30.30.11.5
Cedi OsmanSF7.32.51.747.637.30.50.20.6-5.6
Thad YoungPF53.32.262.116.70.80.10.5-1.3
Danilo GallinariPF7.32.81.345.135.50.30.20.4-1.6
Robin LopezC1.10.30.336.8250.10.20.1-1.4
I just want to point out that Brandon Knight averaged nearly 20/5 at one point and he was never a good player.

A guy putting up the numbers Hayes did on that bad of a team doesn't mean much of anything.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two stats is some phenomenal cherry picking. Again, he may not be worthy but you still can't put up some of the stats he does being the worst player in the NBA. Something tells me you have some history on hating this dude. ;)

For sure those 2 stats are anything but promising. Thanks for posting. The one thing about any of these guys is situational minutes plays a big factor positive or negative. I plan on doing a deeper dive on a couple of these guys when I get a chance. In the meantime I posted some generic stats on the other thread for all available players.

Siiiiiiigh.

Literally, all I've done is post this same stuff, I don't know anything about him, the person.

Again, dead last in real plus minus, worst minus of any player in the current decade. These are cumulative, broad stats. He brings nothing to the table.

And previously when I've said a guy we're looking at or have signed is "the worst" I've been correct. Beasley was the worst player in the league here. Elfrid Payton was the worst player in the league during his last pop in.

This guy is like Elfrid Payton... only a bit worse. He will soon be even more like Elfrid Payton... out of the league entirely.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OG Anunoby had surgery, deemed successful, to remove a loose bone fragment from his right elbow. He will be reevaluated in three weeks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pacers are waiving Furkan Korkmaz.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Siiiiiiigh.

Literally, all I've done is post this same stuff, I don't know anything about him, the person.

Again, dead last in real plus minus, worst minus of any player in the current decade. These are cumulative, broad stats. He brings nothing to the table.

And previously when I've said a guy we're looking at or have signed is "the worst" I've been correct. Beasley was the worst player in the league here. Elfrid Payton was the worst player in the league during his last pop in.

This guy is like Elfrid Payton... only a bit worse. He will soon be even more like Elfrid Payton... out of the league entirely.
I see other info too that says he isn't the worst some of which I posted. In terms of Plus/minus this season? Statmuse has Tyus Jones worse in +/- this season along with 3 other guards being worse. I am sure if I take the time I can put up multiple stats that show he isn't the worst for the MAJORITY of stat categories. The fact he is #5 is still major suckage. With the above you definitely pointed out the bad and triggered a deeper drive. My initial take was simply looking at some quick level stats. He appears to be one of the worst and the Suns should look elsewhere. Again, thanks for pointing it out. The question becomes do the Suns even want any of those PG listed?!!?They didn't even seem interested in a PG.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see other info too that says he isn't the worst some of which I posted. In terms of Plus/minus this season? Statmuse has Tyus Jones worse in +/- this season along with 3 other guards being worse. I am sure if I take the time I can put up multiple stats that show he isn't the worst for the MAJORITY of stat categories. Point taken though. The fact he is #5 is still major suckage. So, I can buy he is "one of the worst". We might be better off going with one of the other guys on the list assuming the Suns even want a PG which is questionable. They didn't even seem interested.

Yeah, when I said worst in plus minus in the last decade it’s combining the last 4 seasons.

In my mind, if a guard is an awful shooter then they need to be really good defensively to even sniff the court, and he is among the league’s worst shooters while also being a defensive doormat.

I doubt we look at him anyway. I don’t see us bringing in developmental guys with our last 2 slots.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, when I said worst in plus minus in the last decade it’s combining the last 4 seasons.

In my mind, if a guard is an awful shooter then they need to be really good defensively to even sniff the court, and he is among the league’s worst shooters while also being a defensive doormat.

I doubt we look at him anyway. I don’t see us bringing in developmental guys with our last 2 slots.
Do you see anybody on that list that stands out? That list is pretty awful but I guess that's what you expect in the Suns price range.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you see anybody on that list that stands out? That list is pretty awful but I guess that's what you expect in the Suns price range.

Rose, Gallinari and Oladipo are the best players on the list but I think they’re all injured.

Maybe Cory Joseph and… Biz? I poo poo’d the idea of signing Biz the other day but I didn’t anticipate multiple open roster spots.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if we convert Lee’s contract.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rose, Gallinari and Oladipo are the best players on the list but I think they’re all injured.

Maybe Cory Joseph and… Biz? I poo poo’d the idea of signing Biz the other day but I didn’t anticipate multiple open roster spots.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if we convert Lee’s contract.
I did as well but to me Biz might be the best option for a FC player. I sort of like Corey Joseph and Rose might be OK in spots. None of these guys are going to be regular rotation guys anyway.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It looks like the Lakers will get Dinwiddie.

I’ve heard Dallas are pursuing him as well. Jason Kidd alluded to the Mavericks getting a third player which has some people thinking he was talking about Dinwiddie. I guess Dallas didn’t have 3 first round picks to give up to get Finney-Smith.

Lorenzo

Reaction score

I don't understand this deal. Looks like the Mavs lose this deal to me.
It was widely reported that Dallas were shopping Williams. Not sure why. And curry never plays. In all the games I’ve watched I’ve yet to see curry on the court this season for Dallas. I’m giving the benefit of the doubt to Dallas for the trade. Hopefully they can add dinwiddie as well. He seemed to fit in well with Dallas before and he would find himself farther down the depth chart this time.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky