2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washington's numbers look pretty bad on a bad team. That usually doesn't change when they go to a good team.

I don't think Dallas has many 1st's not a good use of it is the main problem I have with the deal.
His numbers are better than Williams.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Oh Joy. That is a sarcastic remark.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Washington's numbers look pretty bad on a bad team. That usually doesn't change when they go to a good team.

I don't think Dallas has many 1st's not a good use of it is the main problem I have with the deal.
I have to push back a bit on this statement. How many wide open looks you think he was getting with Charlotte? He will be open all the time next to Luka and Kyrie.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Oh Joy. That is a sarcastic remark.

I'm fine with that trade but I'd prefer it was only 2 picks instead of 3. 3 is too many, IMO. We don't have many and I'd rather hang onto them. I can already see us moving our draft pick for a handful of 2nd round picks this upcoming draft to replenish our cupboards with 2nd rounders.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm fine with that trade but I'd prefer it was only 2 picks instead of 3. 3 is too many, IMO. We don't have many and I'd rather hang onto them. I can already see us moving our draft pick for a handful of 2nd round picks this upcoming draft to replenish our cupboards with 2nd rounders.
I don't mind. Second round picks are statistically useless unless they are in a move anyway.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't mind. Second round picks are statistically useless unless they are in a move anyway.

We had 4 to trade and now we have 1. That's why I'm not a fan of giving them all up now. It makes moves harder to make this off-season and next year. Big picture, we're now essentially asset-less.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had 4 to trade and now we have 1. That's why I'm not a fan of giving them all up now. It makes moves harder to make this off-season and next year. Big picture, we're now essentially asset-less.
You were not going to get much for them now or later. So, I guess it depends on what the Suns though could help them now verses later. We can still trade our next 1st rounder on draft night and you can still do salary for salary trades.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bucks are going to be even harder to like. I wonder if we can get Cam Payne back.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Bucks are going to be even harder to like. I wonder if we can get Cam Payne back.

Really? Cam Payne must have been really bad this year if they think that is an upgrade.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

They're struggling big time - new coach new team new major star dynamic - sure - let's add Patrick Drama-ly to the team