2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not if you can't depend on said player but I don't want to rehash that again.

If dependability is such a big factor for you then how can you support the KD or Beal trades? Cam Payne is available more than either. I know they're different tiers of players but to see someone use one argument to slight someone while ignoring it entirely with others doesn't make sense.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If dependability is such a big factor for you then how can you support the KD or Beal trades? Cam Payne is available more than either. I know they're different tiers of players but to see someone use one argument to slight someone while ignoring it entirely with others doesn't make sense.
Because when those guys are healthy they are game changers and have a chance to help you win a title. Plus, those guys don't vanish for multiple games on in when they can play. Terrible comparison. Availability and dependability are two different things. Evidently the Suns agreed when they decided to trade him.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spencer Dinwiddie just got waived.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Spencer Dinwiddie just got waived.

Wow.

These high dollar buyouts are funny. I bet he and Joe Harris are thinking, "Yeah, I can go to a contender!" Except, no, they can't because all the real contenders can't sign them due to their previous salary.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sideshow Bob (aka ex-Sun Robin Lopez) is getting traded then waived.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only thing I am glad about is the Lakers weren't able to do anything. F them and their fans.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Projected Salary

Season Detroit Pistons
2023/24 $7,413,955
2024/25 $9,942,114
This is a guy I would go after - mainly as a guy we may be able to keep in the future on a minimum deal.

Edit: Then again his stats are worse than I thought. They actually are about G-league quality. Hopefully something better becomes available.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Victor Oladipo is to be waived.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like the Lakers will get Dinwiddie.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, Killian Hayes getting released
He is averaging almost 5 assists per game. I have not watched him play. What am I missing?
Monty Williams?

Nah, you guys should look up his "highlights". He is outrageously awful on film and his advanced stats are some of the worst I've ever seen. His "win shares" have been either in the negatives or a fraction of a decimal. His true shooting is 10% below the league average, his net rating is a -20.

He jumps off the page, even when compared to other absolutely terrible players, in the eye test he is just as bad. And it is not just this year, it is his entire career. Detroit fans have been wanting him gone for 2 seasons, and were outraged when he spent much of this year over Ivey in the rotation.

Someone might kick the tires for the rest of the year, but I think this time next year he is going to be playing in the Polish 2nd division or something.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky