2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No this is amusing. Who are these people? The vast majority of people here maintained it would still be Book's team even with KD. Unless you are cherry picking a couple posters, there is no narrative shift for most of the fans. The hope was that when Book was doubled or he struggled that KD could takeeover. Even KD said from jump this would still be Book's team. I don't recall this massive shift with Sun's fans saying this was now KD's team to lead us to a title.

Go back and look. You were one of them, saying Book couldn't be the man on a title team. Now you want to claim you didn't? That's rich.

I love how you hyper focus on one point though, ignoring everything else. Keep shifting the narrative though. That's your MO.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to help you @Covert Rain

Start here....
Maybe you didn't read what I wrote. I said you would have to cherry pick. The sentiment was overwhelming this was still Book's team. James Jone's said it. Monty sad it. Durant said it. Thanks but that didn't help much.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I decided to help you @Covert Rain

Start here....
That says nothing about who's team it is. Your assuming that the team belongs to the best player. That's not always the case.

Then again, not to disagree with Cheese, in the playoffs this year, Devin was the best player in a Suns uniform, not KD. And that is saying something.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go back and look. You were one of them, saying Book couldn't be the man on a title team. Now you want to claim you didn't? That's rich.

I love how you hyper focus on one point though, ignoring everything else. Keep shifting the narrative though. That's your MO.
Who is manipulating the narrative now? I said Book can't be the number one on a team as built (meaning if your next best player was Bridges) and the team we had built around him. I said we needed a legit 2nd star to play with him. Could that player be better than him? Sure but I never said that was a necessity. I have said repeatedly, which everyone here can attest, that Book needed someone who can takeover games if he is doubled or struggling. Book can't be your only guy that can takeover games. Which historically has proven to be accurate.

You manipulating what I am saying and pretending like the bulk of fans are changing their narrative is hilarious.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe you didn't read what I wrote. I said you would have to cherry pick. The sentiment is overwhelming this is still Book's team including out of Durant's mouth. Thanks but that didn't help much.

quibble quibble quibble

You're trying to shift this to whose teams it is, which was never in question, not who was 1a on the team which is what I've been talking about this whole time. Why even introduce the "It's always been Booker's team" nonsense? That was NEVER in question.

Ask me why I'm not surprised you're backtracking? It's what you always do. Now "oof" my post and pat yourself on the back.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
quibble quibble quibble

You're trying to shift this to whose teams it is, which was never in question, not who was 1a on the team which is what I've been talking about this whole time. Why even introduce the "It's always been Booker's team" nonsense? That was NEVER in question.

Ask me why I'm not surprised you're backtracking? It's what you always do. Now "oof" my post and pat yourself on the back.
Ask me why I'm not suprised you once again have to manipulate what people say to make a point? YOU SAID the narrative was shifting from KD fans. You brought that up. You found it hilarious remember? For the majority of fans it didn't seem like the narrative was Booker was taking a backseat like you are indicating. Sounds like YOU are backtracking now that you had to cherry pick.

I think you are forgetting all the discussion we had leading up to his debut about how much KD would be deferring to Book. That was a hot topic of discussion for no reason right? According to you, the narrative is shifted from KD fans. So, now I wonder why that was such a hot topic at all. :shrug:

You seem to have this strange defensive reaction to "oof" but have no problem dishing it out. Hypocritical much? LOL.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow… that late post sure lit a fire.

It doesn’t matter if Durant rode coattails, that all happened 5 years ago.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It's true. KD is a good player but he didn't win anything on his own in OKC or Brooklyn. I'm not sure why you're denying that. You even said as much back then when he joined Golden State. It's funny how you view everything through purple and orange glasses.

KD made five straight 1st team all NBA’s before joining the Warriors and that’s with Lebron is in his prime taking up the other forward spot. I agree that his Warriors titles are “watered down” but he’s a top-5 player of this generation (last 20 years).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Durant's titles in Golden State weren't really his accomplishments. Add Embiid or Lillard to the Warriors and they win titles too.

KD joined a team that was a title winning team before he arrived and after he departed. It's funny to see how the narrative shifted among basketball fans here since KD became a Sun. A lot of people now gushing over KD were the same who trashed him for leaving OKC to join the Warriors.
I love that people want to ignore that KD was Finals MVP BOTH seasons. But yeah, those “weren’t his accomplishments. Sheesh.”

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d argue the Durant worth less than lilliard take.

It's debatable, I'd put their value pretty close to each other, I'd rather have Lillard.

Regardless, Lillard is going to go for a pittance compared to what we gave for Durant.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's true. KD is a good player but he didn't win anything on his own in OKC or Brooklyn. I'm not sure why you're denying that. You even said as much back then when he joined Golden State. It's funny how you view everything through purple and orange glasses.
Now KD is a “good” player. We get it, some of you hated the trade.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's debatable, I'd put their value pretty close to each other, I'd rather have Lillard.

Regardless, Lillard is going to go for a pittance compared to what we gave for Durant.
A pittance is what Miami offered and Portland won’t take it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That says nothing about who's team it is. Your assuming that the team belongs to the best player. That's not always the case.

Then again, not to disagree with Cheese, in the playoffs this year, Devin was the best player in a Suns uniform, not KD. And that is saying something.
i was definitely one of those people. And the more I watched this version of KD, who didn't look like the best player in the game anymore, the more I realized I was wrong. Def still Book's team and I still think Devin as your #1 superstar would be tough to build a title team around but the KD/Beal adds load this team up top with superstar talent for a big 3 that could win the whole thing.

but I also got a TON of pushback on the idea that it would be KD's team so anyone trying to say there was some groundswell of support for that idea is just making things up to suit their own argument. I rhink me and maybe Ouchie and 1 or 2 more people at most had that opinion.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i was definitely one of those people. And the more I watched this version of KD, who didn't look like the best player in the game anymore, the more I realized I was wrong. Def still Book's team and I still think Devin as your #1 superstar would be tough to build a title team around but the KD/Beal adds load this team up top with superstar talent for a big 3 that could win the whole thing.

but I also got a TON of pushback on the idea that it would be KD's team so anyone trying to say there was some groundswell of support for that idea is just making things up to suit their own argument. I rhink me and maybe Ouchie and 1 or 2 more people at most had that opinion.
I did

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's why I was saying Hoop is going to have to cherry pick. I knew there were a couple people but I honestly forgot who they were.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So would I. KD is more valuable period. Lillard can be more easily guarded, KD is more of a factor on defense, and KD is a more efficient player.

This is pretty well known, you can't find a top 10 list where Lillard ranks higher than KD.
Value isn't measured based on just the present, it includes the future too. Lillard has never been the player that KD has been. But he's also never been as injury prone as KD nor is he as close to the end of his career. I have no idea which of the two carries the higher price tag but I can see it being argued either way.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Value isn't measured based on just the present, it includes the future too. Lillard has never been the player that KD has been. But he's also never been as injury prone as KD nor is he as close to the end of his career. I have no idea which of the two carries the higher price tag but I can see it being argued either way.
KD is only 1 year older than Lillard, so not sure "as close to the end of his career" is a good measuring stick here.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KD is only 1 year older than Lillard, so not sure "as close to the end of his career" is a good measuring stick here.

KD is almost 2 years older than Lillard, roughly 22 months. He was born September 1988 and Lillard in July 1990. There will be a 2 year difference when the season starts in October.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KD is almost 2 years older than Lillard, roughly 22 months. He was born September 1988 and Lillard in July 1990. There will be a 2 year difference when the season starts in October.
Yeah I really thought it was even more than two years, obviously I should have looked Lillard up before posting.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dame is the west coast version of Bradley Beal.

KD over Dame, career for career, presently, gravity. I have not seen Dame under any other circumstance but i do know what KD brings.

And yes 22 months in age difference is the a big difference in terms of nba age.

The only thing Dame has over KD is rapping, even then he's way below average.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser