2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can go back hating him now.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I was pretty surprised they didn't at least look at that play to see if it was a hostile act. A normal guy yeah he dove for the ball it just happened, but with his career of doing stuff like that I was pretty sure it was intentional. Azabuike said he's pretty lucky that didn't result in a serious injury, it was pretty clear he thought CP3 did it on purpose.

That game was pretty tough to be a Warrior fan. In the same game there's a hard foul by Draymond on Anthony Edwards. As Edwards is walking to the line they start jawing at each other and the court mic pretty clearly picked up Draymond challenging AE to a fight, saying "what are you going to do about it? What the F are you going to do?" AE finally said something like "nah you ain't worth it."

The dumb thing is the game was still somewhat competitive and Draymond basically gave them 2 points and it fired up Edwards who made several key buckets after.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wiggins last 5 games. 8.2 PPG 5.2 RPG 18-50 from the floor, 2-13 from 3, 4-14 from the FT line.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was pretty surprised they didn't at least look at that play to see if it was a hostile act. A normal guy yeah he dove for the ball it just happened, but with his career of doing stuff like that I was pretty sure it was intentional. Azabuike said he's pretty lucky that didn't result in a serious injury, it was pretty clear he thought CP3 did it on purpose.

That game was pretty tough to be a Warrior fan. In the same game there's a hard foul by Draymond on Anthony Edwards. As Edwards is walking to the line they start jawing at each other and the court mic pretty clearly picked up Draymond challenging AE to a fight, saying "what are you going to do about it? What the F are you going to do?" AE finally said something like "nah you ain't worth it."

The dumb thing is the game was still somewhat competitive and Draymond basically gave them 2 points and it fired up Edwards who made several key buckets after.

Got to be tough to be a Warrior fan just having to sit through Draymond's antics. I can't believe they gave him an extension for 4 years. Sure, it's only around $25 million a year which isn't awful but he has a 15% trade kicker also, which makes unloading him that much more difficult down the line. Odds are the final 2 years of that will be a tough time for the Warriors.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not surprising a Minnesota closeout on a 3 accidentally resulted in a knee to knee hit that he got up limping from.

Interesting to see what they do, if they start CP3 at PG, they have no offense. My guess is they start Kuminga and play Dramond at PG.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't link it my computer memory still sucks but there's video of Jordan Poole during a timeout. The coach is drawing up a play, Poole is in, but instead of watching the play he's talking to a teammate. He misses the entire thing then comes back to the huddle and is trying to peer over people to see the board the coach drew the play up on without making it obvious he didn't see it. He comes back again to peek again.

Again not fair to blame him for the Draymond punch, that's on Draymond, but you can see why the Warriors wanted to move on from Poole. He's just not mature enough to make the changes he needs to make. Hopefully he gets there, talented kid.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not surprising a Minnesota closeout on a 3 accidentally resulted in a knee to knee hit that he got up limping from.

Interesting to see what they do, if they start CP3 at PG, they have no offense. My guess is they start Kuminga and play Dramond at PG.

Looks like CP3 gets the start not Kuminga.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That didn't take long. Klay and McDaniels get into a dustup 10:17 first quarter both ejected. Draymond grabbed Gobert around the neck and he got ejected too.

0-0 but Warriors now wihtout Steph, Klay and Green.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weirdest start to a game I've ever seen. The Wolves announcers before the game said the coaches were telling the team to expect "baiting" by the Warriors players. McDaniels then baited Klay who retaliated they get ejected. Draymond "restrains" Gobert but had him around the neck, just stupid so he gets ejected.

Then Gobert hits Saric with an elbow on a screen they call a foul on him but not a flagrant. Kerr nearly got a T screaming for the flagrant. Then they call defensive 3 seconds on Gobert and he goes nuts and nearly gets a T.

The feed I'm getting is the raw feed so you see the court during timeouts, the refs went right over to the Twolves bench during the 2nd timeout and warned the coach and Gobert to knock it off.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After seeing another angle I'm predicting a multi game suspension for Draymond. He went right for Gobert he wasn't trying to break anything up he was trying to get Gobert and get thrown out so he didn't have to play a game without Steph or Klay.

Very surprised if he doesn't get multiple games

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
After seeing another angle I'm predicting a multi game suspension for Draymond. He went right for Gobert he wasn't trying to break anything up he was trying to get Gobert and get thrown out so he didn't have to play a game without Steph or Klay.

Very surprised if he doesn't get multiple games
Looked like Gobert had Klay by his neck and Green came in and did the same?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's video of the Warriors/Wolves scuffle.

Absolutely no excuse for Draymond's antics. If he doesn't see a suspension then Silver becomes an even bigger joke as a commissioner. Maybe this happening during his stupid tournament will cause him to come down reasonably, which I'd say is about 10 games. That's the minimum he should get, IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spurs lost by 36… AGAIN.

We lost to them twice… at home… once with Booker and KD going off for combined 59 points, 17 rebounds and 17 assists.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Can't link it my computer memory still sucks but there's video of Jordan Poole during a timeout. The coach is drawing up a play, Poole is in, but instead of watching the play he's talking to a teammate. He misses the entire thing then comes back to the huddle and is trying to peer over people to see the board the coach drew the play up on without making it obvious he didn't see it. He comes back again to peek again.

Again not fair to blame him for the Draymond punch, that's on Draymond, but you can see why the Warriors wanted to move on from Poole. He's just not mature enough to make the changes he needs to make. Hopefully he gets there, talented kid.