2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dog bites aside, that is the move we should have made years ago. I know we were rumored to be in the mix too. Adding him to the 2021 team... would have been a huge get.

The kind of "tinker, not tear up" move that IMO would have pushed us over the hump.

I thought so too, but many labeled him empty stats.

Edit: terrible thought about the dog bites after the warriors game on Christmas Day. 21 stitches.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Aaron Gordon has stepped up in a big way in Denver. You can't always judge players on bad teams. Look at him and Booker for examples. On the flipside there are guys like Jerami Grant and Zack LaVine who just want to get theirs at the expense of any team success. Then there are guys who seemed primed to breakout like Kuzma and Poole playing smaller roles on good teams but show why their roles were limited when they get some freedom.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Aaron Gordon has stepped up in a big way in Denver. You can't always judge players on bad teams. Look at him and Booker for examples. On the flipside there are guys like Jerami Grant and Zack LaVine who just want to get theirs at the expense of any team success. Then there are guys who seemed primed to breakout like Kuzma and Poole playing smaller roles on good teams but show why their roles were limited when they get some freedom.
Aaron Gordon's salary is what, = Crowder + Saric right?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think I will stick with cats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
We have a tiny cat. About a third of the size of a normal cat. She is horrible! We warn everyone to not touch her. She has injured people, trapped people in bathrooms, etc. Our dog is WAY more sweet and mellow. Be careful what you wish for.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a tiny cat. About a third of the size of a normal cat. She is horrible! We warn everyone to not touch her. She has injured people, trapped people in bathrooms, etc. Our dog is WAY more sweet and mellow. Be careful what you wish for.

I had a number of cocker spaniels as pets. They were all special.

However, I like keeping my pets inside and I have found cats are much less maintenance.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

However, I like keeping my pets inside and I have found cats are much less maintenance.

Cats can be less maintenance but that isn't always the case. I've had horrible cats and dogs throughout my years, as well as good ones. If I knew for a fact that I'd be getting a dog that was low maintenance vs a low maintenance cat then I'd always pick the dog but it usually takes months to figure out what sort of animal you got on your hands. Dogs are more companions while cats are more acquaintances, IMO.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cats can be less maintenance but that isn't always the case. I've had horrible cats and dogs throughout my years, as well as good ones. If I knew for a fact that I'd be getting a dog that was low maintenance vs a low maintenance cat then I'd always pick the dog but it usually takes months to figure out what sort of animal you got on your hands. Dogs are more companions while cats are more acquaintances, IMO.
I've had a lot of pets but I've never really had a horrible cat or a horrible dog. I was too busy to give one dog the attention he needed and as a result he chewed up everything - including several shoes, a backwash hose, parts on a pool filter, parts of the lawn mower, a garden hose and an expensive pair of sunglasses that I left poolside briefly when I went inside to answer the phone.

I was too young and too caught up in my own life to give that dog the attention he deserved so his behavior was my shortcoming not his. Fortunately we found him a better home and he gave that family 11 good years. But through the years, I've found that while dogs are better companions, cats can be far more than "acquaintances".

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dogs rule. Cats drool.

I actually like them both but I’ve had dogs (always 2) for going on 32 years. Had a cat once during that span. He thought he was a dog (used to walk behind me when I walked the dogs - all over the neighborhood. If he got behind bc he was checking something out he would meow and run to catch up with us), he also taught my Weimaraner pup that it was acceptable to jump up ON the kitchen island (not front paws counter surfing - ACTUALLY FULLY STANDING ON THE ISLAND FACE TO FACE WITH PEOPLE BC HE SAW THE CAT DO IT). Eventually a German shepherd rescue took too much interest in the cat, which triggered the weim’s thereto-for dormant prey drive and Sam (the cat) had to move in permanently with his formerly part time neighborhood home (who happily adopted him full time from me considering he was already coming and going from their houses dog door for over a year).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've always enjoyed the independence of cats although mine are very affectionate. There is something special about them choosing to live with you when they have the ability to survive in the wild.

I always have two cats as pets to keep each other company that way if I am late coming home, they always have each other.

There is also something nice about not having to walk dogs every day or clean them up when they get dirty.

Generally speaking, if one loves their pets, they will return the affection a hundredfold, including cats.

Did I mention cats don't bark all night or disturb the neighbors?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
When I was a boy we had a cat named Fuzzy. IDK what was up with that cat. My dad and mom found him as a stray. This cat was like a mountain lion or something. One time we were out in the back yard of a place we were renting. This place had no back fence. The cat was by me and my dad. Two dogs came running into our yard and made a bee line right towards fuzzy. I started yelling at my dad they were going to kill Fuzzy. My dad made no move to stop the dogs, and he smiled at me. I remember yelling more, and my dad just smiled even more. Well the dogs attacked and it looked like a cartoon. Dogs and cat swirling around in a big dustball. A few minutes later, I kid you not, Fuzzy was chasing two dogs out of our yard!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have done a 180 from dogs to cats as a pet OWNER. Our kids are out of the house and if we want to go out of the house for more than 8 hours, even a couple of days, cats are way better for that. They don't suffer from all that separation anxiety like dogs I have had as pets. I too like how cats are very affectionate but don't have to be all over you or at your side constantly. Plus, I enjoy watching their behavior and social interactions and hierarchy. They are more complicated and interesting than dogs. I used to say I hated cats, dogs forever, I never believed I would change. Now, only if I was basically house bound, would I ever consider having a dog again.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I got a dog from hell now. Hates people, barks at anyone and everyone. He can't be left alone or he'll yelp like he's being beat (you hear it the second the door closes and in the driveway coming or going, plus I have security cameras and he'll sit at the door whinging). He's actually relaxed a little over the 3 years I've had him. He was abused and was a rescue so I can't blame it all on him either. He has a "sister" who is a different breed, about 2/3 his size, who never barks and is lovable but isn't bright. She seems to have gotten over whatever they went through. He's a chihuahua mix and I'm not sure was she is but she looks like a miniature pinscher. I'm not sure how bad it was wherever they were but I've had rescues before and never have I had one take so long to become normal-ish. He's not aggressive, he will try and act tough with new people but will wimper and hide once they make eye contact and are within 6 feet of him. I almost wish he were aggressive so I could be done with him.

He's changed my views on all dogs and I think he just sucks. I won't give up on him entirely, I'll keep providing a good home where he's safe but I dont have to like him.

I guess I'd take a cat over this dog but his sister makes putting up with him tolerable, most of the time. She's a normal chill dog with some skiddish tendencies.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pistons came close to beating the Celtics but alas lost in overtime.

Detroit's losing streak has reached 28 games.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed the independence of cats although mine are very affectionate. There is something special about them choosing to live with you when they have the ability to survive in the wild.

I always have two cats as pets to keep each other company that way if I am late coming home, they always have each other.

There is also something nice about not having to walk dogs every day or clean them up when they get dirty.

Generally speaking, if one loves their pets, they will return the affection a hundredfold, including cats.

Did I mention cats don't bark all night or disturb the neighbors?
Litter boxes stink and suck!!!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's scary is Indiana has cap space. They're like $8 million under the cap and they have tradable deals like McConnell so they're a team that is likely to upgrade nearing the deadline. They have their own picks to move also.

Sort of shows how important it is to be patient and build while you have cornerstones like Haliburton on rookie deals.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I once accidentally dosed my cat with acid. He started acting like a dog. Was never the same.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I feel like, because it's depressing, all Halliburton positive posts should be banned from being posted here! :)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What's scary is Indiana has cap space. They're like $8 million under the cap and they have tradable deals like McConnell so they're a team that is likely to upgrade nearing the deadline. They have their own picks to move also.

Sort of shows how important it is to be patient and build while you have cornerstones like Haliburton on rookie deals.
Yes but it took a long time for Indiana to get here. And we have no idea how they will be in the playoffs. Exciting to be a fan but they haven’t done anything yet.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's amazing many dog owners don't realize their animals do the same thing and clean up after them, that is if the dog is not eating it.

At least my cats have the manners to cover it up with cat litter until it is emptied.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never had cats as my mom had asthma and I'm allergic to them. I always had great dogs through the years though. Not a bad one in the bunch. My current little gal is 14 going on 15 and she is the sweetest dog ever. And she poops outdoors on her own through a doggie door. Don't have to deal with that stench. Easy to pick up once a week.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky