2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, it's amazing many dog owners don't realize their animals do the same thing and clean up after them, that is if the dog is not eating it.

Not if you hate your neighbor ;)

Seriously, people who walk their dogs and let them drop dueces in other peoples yards without picking it up deserve prison sentences.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you guys say so. I know I've been in cat people's houses that had that trademark smell. Maybe they weren't keeping up on it enough.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you guys say so. I know I've been in cat people's houses that had that trademark smell. Maybe they weren't keeping up on it enough.
There's always going to be some extra odor if you're living with pets, whether it be cats, dogs, birds or even fish. And if you have your grandparents living with you or a child or two, same thing. But if you keep the litter box area clean, if you scoop it out every day or two and replace the litter regularly (weekly for those of us with multiple cats) and assuming your cats are litter box compliant, it's not particularly noticable.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes but it took a long time for Indiana to get here. And we have no idea how they will be in the playoffs. Exciting to be a fan but they haven’t done anything yet.

Sure, same can be said of most teams. The Pacers cruised through the IST to the finals, which is more than 28 teams can say. It also doesn't matter how long they were bad or average either since they now have a franchise PG and lots of assets available to build around him. They're in a much better position than the majority of playoff teams or otherwise since they have cap space free right now, good rotation of youngsters, a couple of expiring deals, and all of their picks to make a move if they want.

Very rare for teams to be on the upswing and have the flexibility the Pacers do.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goran Dragic is retiring.

It's been a long journey since the Suns traded for his rights in the 2nd round in 2008.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Knicks gave up a lot. They will essentially be pairing bookend power forwards.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Knicks win that deal, IMO. Thibs finally gets a strong wing defender in OG, who can guard 1-4 and a lot of 5's. They also get Precious Achuiwa. I really like Precious and he might be what they hoped Obi Toppin would become. They lose Quickley and Barrett but they upgraded going from RJ to OG. Doesn't appear there are any high value picks involved or multiple 1sts either.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
The Knicks win that deal, IMO. Thibs finally gets a strong wing defender in OG, who can guard 1-4 and a lot of 5's. They also get Precious Achuiwa. I really like Precious and he might be what they hoped Obi Toppin would become. They lose Quickley and Barrett but they upgraded going from RJ to OG. Doesn't appear there are any high value picks involved or multiple 1sts either.

This appears to me like one of those rare (for these days) NBA trades that (on paper, anyway) seems pretty even both ways. In other words, not made simply to "dump" a bad contract or a no longer useful guy on another team packaged together with some potential future asset.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I have the same feelings as you. Most on social media are saying the raptors win this trade.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Its a lateral at best (I think the Knicks got fleeced)except NOW the Knicks are on the line for much more money and have fewer options.
But good on them for having the balls to make a move.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think RJ Barrett is a real stinker. A gunner who doesn’t play any defense. Kelly Oubre but paid like a star.

Even if they are unable to resign OG, clearing the awful Barrett contract is a W.

Rare big win for the Knicks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a hard call. I like what both the Knicks and Raptors did. The Knicks did well to get Achiuwa included.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don’t think it really moves the needle.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think it really moves the needle.

3 years straight, the Knicks have played better, much better infact, when Barrett is off the court. This year they're better on both ends when he sits.

They're replacing him with a player who is better across the board and has a real defensive impact.

Maybe Quickly will make a big leap with a larger role, but I think the Knicks improved a lot, at least for the near future.

I'm very surprised to see Toronto trade what has been a highly sought after asset the last couple years and not get a single 1st round pick back for him. Not only that, they took on a bunch of money in Barrett's contract. IMO, the "Barrett is a Canadian!" factor played way too heavily in their thinking.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pistons are in danger of breaking their 28 game losing streak.

They lead the Raptors by 6 with 6:50 in the 4th quarter.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Pistons are in danger of breaking their 28 game losing streak.

They lead the Raptors by 6 with 6:50 in the 4th quarter.

It's like the Raptors made the trade today to have an excuse for a loss to Detroit. I have a buddy who is a Raptor fan who told me yesterday before the deal that he was afraid they'd lose as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like the Raptors made the trade today to have an excuse for a loss to Detroit. I have a buddy who is a Raptor fan who told me yesterday before the deal that he was afraid they'd lose as well.

It sounds like the Raptors may trade Siakam as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's sort of a shame for the Pistons to break a losing streak this long, but there it goes.

Final:

Pistons 129 - Raptors 127

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so tired of lazy refs. CP3 scores with 2.4 seconds left in the half, they inbound to Luka who gets surprised that CP3 presses up on him and he just starts walking with the ball and the ref doesn't call travelling and lets Luka literally walk the clock out. CP3 is yelling at the ref and after the end of the half Luka is yelling at CP3 and motioning that he came to a jumpstop, which he didn't. He took at least 4 maybe 5 steps before the clock ran out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser