2024 1st round pick #4 is Marvin Harrison Jr

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
mhj needs some new routes - the book is out on this kid
This is fascinatingly hilarious.
The book is out on him 5 games into his career?????
Look at HOF WR Larry Fitzgeralds rookie stats, 58 for 780 Marvin is gonna blow those out of the water.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Look at HOF WR Larry Fitzgeralds rookie stats, 58 for 780 Marvin is gonna blow those out of the water.
He also played with Boldin that year too meaning he wasnt the no.1 receiver

Im not saying MHJ is a disappointment, but Kyler not even targeting him when he had a alot cushion is a concern.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He's not on a pace to do that. He'll have about the same catches at his current pace, more yards and more TD's. ANd Fitz had Anquan in his prime(just over half the year Anquan got hurt that year), and Fitz was playing with McCown at QB.

He's really good it's just surprising son of a HOFer grew up around the game I thought he'd be more polished than he is.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
defenses know his routes and when we're throwing to him - he's smothered and covered like waffle house hash browns and has to rely on pure talent in tight contested spaces - new routes that would also allow him more separation - crossing patterns to trip up crossing defenders - late developing routes so Kyler can look the safety off

but please continue to ramble on about larry freaking fitzgerald - even tho everything but the uniforms have changed since larry fitzgerald

im not knocking the kid either - im saying he runs in straight lines that ultimately lead to a safety - im saying defenses are giving him all star respect and it's probably partly why wilson is balling

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Larry had 58 catches on 115 targets his rookie year. Just over a 50% success rate.
My point is, hes a rookie. Why are people trying to judge him after 5 games when he is the #1 option in the passing game and teams are game planning for him?

Murray has only thrown for over 210 yards in a game once this year.

He’s probably going to finish 3rd in OROY.

It’s the same as people bitching about Trey Benson. Benson is behind the main cog in the offense. He’s going to be limited and he’s a ROOKIE.

Other than Daniels, what rookie is tearing up the league?
Nabers had 1 good game. Oduzne has done very little. Same with Coleman.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Larry had 58 catches on 115 targets his rookie year. Just over a 50% success rate.
My point is, hes a rookie. Why are people trying to judge him after 5 games when he is the #1 option in the passing game and teams are game planning for him?

It’s the same as people bitching about Trey Benson. Benson is behind the main cog in the offense. He’s going to be limited and he’s a ROOKIE.

Nabers and Brian Thomas Jr have been really good.

While I hate to bring up Kliff, I think MHJ would have more consistent success if he was in Kliff's offense. Kliff knew to keep Hopkins involvedd/engaged. I don't think Petzing has "easy" plays to build up MHJ right now. Its all based on Kyler/MHJ needing really good chemistry.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nabers has already had 2 100 yard games, a third with 78 yards and 2 TDs and a fourth with 66 yards. All as the number 1 option on his team.

The other rookie WR Thomas from LSU has had a 122 yard 1 TD, 94 yards and 86 and a TD, alongside two 47 yard games.

Are you really gonna be a guy who rightfully bashes Kyler Stans for never criticizing their guy and hyperbolizing his play and then turn around and do the same thing with your OSU player?

Marv has been a disappointment so far. Period. Trying to argue against that, especially by distorting or ignoring what other rookie WRs have done so far this year, is pretty foolish.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Nabers and Brian Thomas Jr have been really good.

While I hate to bring up Kliff, I think MHJ would have more consistent success if he was in Kliff's offense. Kliff knew to keep Hopkins involvedd/engaged. I don't think Petzing has "easy" plays to build up MHJ right now. Its all based on Kyler/MHJ needing really good chemistry.
Nabers has been better so far. Thomas has similar production.

But my point is, why the complaints about Harrison. Hes been fine.

I agree about Petzing. I’m not sure what his offense is yet. It seems his best offense is hoping Connor breaks tackles to get a 1st down.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Nabers has already had 2 100 yard games, a third with 78 yards and 2 TDs and a fourth with 66 yards. All as the number 1 option on his team.

The other rookie WR Thomas from LSU has had a 122 yard 1 TD, 94 yards and 86 and a TD, alongside two 47 yard games.

Are you really gonna be a guy who rightfully bashes Kyler Stans for never criticizing their guy and hyperbolizing his play and then turn around and do the same thing with your OSU player?

Marv has been a disappointment so far. Period. Trying to argue against that, especially by distorting or ignoring what other rookie WRs have done so far this year, is pretty foolish.
Nabers has had 52 targets to Marvins 28 also.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nabers has been better so far. Thomas has similar production.

But my point is, why the complaints about Harrison. Hes been fine.

I agree about Petzing. I’m not sure what his offense is yet. It seems his best offense is hoping Connor breaks tackles to get a 1st down.

Similar production? Thomas already has a full 100 yards on Marv in 5 games.

It’s okay to say both Thomas and Nabers have been better than Marv so far.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Marv has been a disappointment so far.
That depends on what your expectations are. We aren’t competing for a Super Bowl this year; what are these early hicccups from MHJ holding us back from?

Yes, young players are frustrating sometimes. But this is a five-plus year investment; no need to rush to judgment. I’m fine with where MHJ is right now.

Nabers has had 52 targets to Marvins 28 also.

So?

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think he needs to be far more aggressive at the catch point

it makes me realize how spoiled i have been by Fitz.
Yes!!! For as hyped of a prospect as he was, I was expecting more sure-handedness from him. Seems like it’s pretty easy as a defender to slap the ball out of his hands. And why so many body catches?

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CJ Stroud mentioned it in this interview. MHJ catches the ball with his chest. The comparisons to Fitzgerald were absurd. We’ve seen it numerous times this year. Marvin gets two hands on the ball and still doesn’t make the catch. It’s going to be something that he is going to need to work on.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's nothing like Trey Benson we weren't expecting him to be the man this year.

Marv is very good, he's not been as good as I expected him to be right away.

He said it himself after the Rams game, all 4 incompletions were to me, I need to improve on that

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
defenses know his routes and when we're throwing to him - he's smothered and covered like waffle house hash browns and has to rely on pure talent in tight contested spaces - new routes that would also allow him more separation - crossing patterns to trip up crossing defenders - late developing routes so Kyler can look the safety off

but please continue to ramble on about larry freaking fitzgerald - even tho everything but the uniforms have changed since larry fitzgerald

im not knocking the kid either - im saying he runs in straight lines that ultimately lead to a safety - im saying defenses are giving him all star respect and it's probably partly why wilson is balling
Psst, the uniforms have changed too since then.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake