2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could Mikal Bridges take a discount for the Knicks as well?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He already took a big discount when he re-upped here, it would not surprise if he did it again.

These NBA contracts have gotten so insane (because of the NBA's revolting greed) that is there really a big difference between making 300 million in your career vs 400 million? I don't see it effecting your quality of life much... unless you're an idiot who blows through money.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No worries, Hoop Head likes calling me out for no reason. Lol

Funny, I'm just giving back what I've received from you. My point still stands, you don't need to be a HOF'er to be on the national team. Baron Davis was definitely good enough in 2008 to make it over the guys I mentioned.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He already took a big discount when he re-upped here, it would not surprise if he did it again.

These NBA contracts have gotten so insane (because of the NBA's revolting greed) that is there really a big difference between making 300 million in your career vs 400 million? I don't see it effecting your quality of life much... unless you're an idiot who blows through money.

I don't think the additional money is not so much what it can do personally but who it can help whether it be family, charities or a cause.

Maybe the Knicks, New York and teammates are the cause.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Funny, I'm just giving back what I've received from you. My point still stands, you don't need to be a HOF'er to be on the national team. Baron Davis was definitely good enough in 2008 to make it over the guys I mentioned.
Cool cool. I'm not going to feed your need to argue for no reason.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

There is if you want to make a bigger impact on your extended family’s wellbeing and your community. $100M is a lot of cheddar.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daron Holmes II is expected to miss the season for the Nuggets after incurring an injury.

The Suns traded the 22nd pick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are still plenty of free agents available that could help teams.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Daron Holmes II is expected to miss the season for the Nuggets after incurring an injury.

The Suns traded the 22nd pick.

That stings if you're a Denver fan. Not that I feel sorry for their fanbase.

Unfortunate for Holmes, who I liked and wished the Suns had held onto. It does make trading him bother me quite a bit less.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Unfortunate for Holmes, who I liked and wished the Suns had held onto. It does make trading him bother me quite a bit less.

It's unfortunate to see a player injured, even if he was drafted by a competing team. I would have liked the selection if the Suns had kept him. Let's hope Dunn and Oso turn into players. I liked Rachaun Holmes as a player as well.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I was in this same boat, that he was a great pick at 22 and should have held on to him.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can I just say again how much I dislike Dillon Brooks? In a basically exhibition game against the USA, he took so many cheap shots LeBron was ready to deck him apparently.

At one point Curry starts to get on a heater, he shoots a 3 off a curl that goes in, the ball is gone and Brooks flies by and hits him in the head. Curry just shook his head. A bit later Curry beats SGA on a move and as he drives to the bucket Brooks sticks his foot out, way exaggerated not a normal move and tries to trip Curry. He winds up with an and 1 turns and looks at Brooks.

He should be playing hockey.
G. Allen II?:oops::evil::sarcasm:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G. Allen II?:oops::evil::sarcasm:
He's like a mix of college Grayson and pro Beverley. And the league deserves some of the blame. He's always been a borderline dirty player but they were mostly acts designed to help his team win. But somewhere along the line, he started being dirty just for the sake of being dirty. And the NBA just did their normal hand spank and went back to cashing those huge TV checks.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He wasn’t. Just totally disagree. There were a lot of better choices.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Continue to say I feel sorry for the kid but you gotta wonder if Bronny becomes a distraction on the Lakers if he ever actually gets promoted from the G league? Last game played the most minutes, 3-14 from the field, 0 assists and got burned repeatedly on defense. They were -9 with him on the court and it was much worse than that until a late run.

it's summer league and most of the guys he's playing with and against won't make NBA rosters, many won't even make G league rosters but he has a 4 year guaranteed contract.

The amount of pressure on the kid is going to be difficult to handle. If you saw him in HS or college you knew he wasn't close to ready but he's really getting exposed in summer league.

The whole point was so Bron could play with his son, so you can almost guarantee at some point they're going to put Bronny on the NBA roster

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Continue to say I feel sorry for the kid but you gotta wonder if Bronny becomes a distraction on the Lakers if he ever actually gets promoted from the G league? Last game played the most minutes, 3-14 from the field, 0 assists and got burned repeatedly on defense. They were -9 with him on the court and it was much worse than that until a late run.

it's summer league and most of the guys he's playing with and against won't make NBA rosters, many won't even make G league rosters but he has a 4 year guaranteed contract.

The amount of pressure on the kid is going to be difficult to handle. If you saw him in HS or college you knew he wasn't close to ready but he's really getting exposed in summer league.

The whole point was so Bron could play with his son, so you can almost guarantee at some point they're going to put Bronny on the NBA roster

If most of us only had such problems. I guess Bronny could make up to nearly $8 million on his contract.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I bet Bronnie starts the year in the G-League and sees his first NBA minutes with his dad in the Christmas day game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raywalker