2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are those things different? We didn't need to make a deal.

We didn't win a title and anyone who thought we would post trade was fooling themselves. I remember discussing a very similar topic after Denver eliminated the Suns, those pro KD trade were saying it was about the coming seasons and filling holes that off-season. It proved extremely difficult to fill those holes given the new CBA, which was made public knowledge days before the KD trade. So this idea "The Suns didn't have to trade for KD but they had to make a trade for a KD like player" doesn't hold up to me. It's shifting the goalposts.
We absolutely needed to make a move. There is no shifting the goalpost. Durant was the only move that appeared to be available. Needing to make a move to add a star was the goal. I think someone people have selective memories.

BEFORE we knew Durant wanted to come here this forum was full of fans clamoring for the Suns to bring in a star to help Booker. Every single offseason we had people dumping trade machine scenarios to get it done. Nationally many analysts were also saying the same thing (Booker needs star help). Many fans here felt like Booker was a not a #1 star and we needed a number one. What doesn’t hold up is pretending that was not happening because people didn’t like the Durant trade.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We absolutely needed to make a move. There is no shifting the goalpost. Durant was the only move that appeared to be available. Needing to make a move to add a star was the goal.
Yep. And don't forget that Book was pushing for it as well, given their relationship. Hell the main reason why Durant wanted to come here is because of his time on the Olympic team with Book.

Bridges was BY FAR are best trade asset, a good player on a good contract. Any deal for a player that would make any kind of difference, superstar or no, would have included him. That's just the plain and simple truth.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hindsight is 20/20. If the trade had worked nobody would be saying the cost was too much. Let me guess people that support the Ayton pick are fading away too?!?
And that's not true. I'm still hoping for a title from this group but not a chance in hell that championship would make me think it was a smart trade. We overpaid by any measure I can think of. About the only thing that would change my position would be if it came out that there were actually deals on the table that came close to what we offered. AFAIC, we bought a nice Toyota Camry but we paid BMW X6 M prices.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hindsight is 20/20. If the trade had worked nobody would be saying the cost was too much. Let me guess people that support the Ayton pick are fading away too?!?

I'm only saying Kevin Durant didn't have to be the Suns "#1 or 1B" at the Nets asking price. IMO, we just disagree on how far the Suns should have gone to trade for him. Trading Bridges was a step too far for me.

In regard to drafting Ayton, I supported that and I was wrong.

Also in the 2018 draft I wanted McDonough to draft or trade for Shai, so Bridges was flying under my radar.

We all have differences of opinions and that is okay. The forum is for discussion.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guard Lester Quinones, a free agent formerly with the Warriors, signs with the 76ers.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quinten Post reportedly signs a two-way deal with the Warriors.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reportedly, Derrick Rose gave up his entire remaining salary in the buyout with the Grizzlies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05