2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of this. Mahomes was making plays like this at Texas Tech because his supporting cast was not very good. Caleb is doing this with one of the most talented rosters in college football. That doesn't translate to the NFL and like Kyler, he is not going to go to a team that will allow him to do this at the NFL level.

Draft Drake Maye.
That's why I made the comment earlier, when it was mentioned that Williams wasn't talking to the press and seemed to be frustrated possibly with coaches.. it's because he's playing unnecessary hero ball, instead of playing within the framework of the offense.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
in general: looking forward to the more normal schedule coming up

Caleb Williams running it up on Nevada comes with an asterix

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many, if any changes in the Scouting Dept., have taken place since the new regime has come on board?

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Mahomes didn't have a ton of heat coming into that draft, outside of what a few coaches and GMs saw in him (Reid and Keim).
This is what I'm talking about @kerouac9 ... A lot of traditional scouts graded him down and this article points out how they got it wrong.

You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Because Caleb Williams is not Mahomes. Drake Maye will have more than one year of starts under his belt. And, if Maye progresses as he should this year, his tape will be better than Trubisky's.

Tough to say at this point. Has there been another top rated QB coming out that got Mahomes comps?

He should have better tape than Trubisky, who was a bust. That doesn't change how talent gets evaluated.

TBF - You had Trubisky ahead of Mahomes.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of this. Mahomes was making plays like this at Texas Tech because his supporting cast was not very good. Caleb is doing this with one of the most talented rosters in college football. That doesn't translate to the NFL and like Kyler, he is not going to go to a team that will allow him to do this at the NFL level.

Draft Drake Maye.

Maye may end up being the best QB but a 6’2” Kyler definitely translates to the NFL.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Tough to say at this point. Has there been another top rated QB coming out that got Mahomes comps?

He should have better tape than Trubisky, who was a bust. That doesn't change how talent gets evaluated.

Yes, that was my best guess on what "would" happen. Not what I would do. That is why I stated in that post, "this is my best guess on what will happen:.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Maye may end up being the best QB but a 6’2” Kyler definitely translates to the NFL.
I personally disagree, but I have stated that I don't believe Kyler is capable of leading a team to a Super Bowl unless he significantly improved in areas which I didn't think he could. I view Kyler (to this point) as empty calories. He can win regular season games but not big, post-season ones.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Trubisky had good college tape for one season, which ended up being part of the problem similar to Kyler. It is rare an athlete can learn to be a QB at the NFL level. Experience at the college level should count for a lot more than it does.

The issue with Caleb is that what he is being credited for doesn't translate to the NFL. It is very tough to consistently win with a QB who plays outside of offensive structure. Caleb wow plays are just that. He is not making tight window throws. Hanging in the pocket under pressure. He is not making throws with defenders at his feet. He is not playing with timing and rhythm. Those are what works at the NFL level. The outside of structure stuff can win games at times, but not consistently.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Trubisky had good college tape for one season, which ended up being part of the problem similar to Kyler. It is rare an athlete can learn to be a QB at the NFL level. Experience at the college level should count for a lot more than it does.

The issue with Caleb is that what he is being credited for doesn't translate to the NFL. It is very tough to consistently win with a QB who plays outside of offensive structure. Caleb wow plays are just that. He is not making tight window throws. Hanging in the pocket under pressure. He is not making throws with defenders at his feet. He is not playing with timing and rhythm. Those are what works at the NFL level. The outside of structure stuff can win games at times, but not consistently.
It's like we're sharing a brain now...hahahaha

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake