2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol. Like being the #1 pick somehow validates it. How’s Jamarcus Russell’s career going?
How did that statement go over your head this badly?

Texas A&M fans said Kyler would be fools’ gold when he went to Oklahoma.

ASU fans said the same about Jayden went to LSU.

Kyler ended up being a #1 pick.

Jayden will most likely end up a 1st round pick.

You understand now?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Yea its those 3 and everyone else for me. Unless Monti gets a trade offer he cant turn down.
I'd also like Dallas Turner and Newton as well.

I generally go into a draft and try and find about a dozen players I really like and hope the Cardinals can get 3-5 of them.

The only time that happened and it was a badass draft was the 2004 draft where I really liked Fitzgerald, Dansby, and Dockett even before the Cardinals drafted them.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Agreed. I think they got a good player in PJJ, but I don’t think he’s elite. This draft you get the best talent you can. If it means moving some of the draft capital to get the talent, do it. You have it.
Last draft severely lacked elite players.

Remember when I was saying there wasn't really any elite players in last years draft? Might as well build the trenches when the best players from a draft are usually 3rd best players in other drafts.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NC State leading N Carolina 20-0 and getting ready to score again

Now 23-0

North Carolina Passing
Drake Maye
TEAM
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
1/7 3 0.4 0 0

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I do like his athleticism, toughness, arm, but he feels like a guy who is going to leave a year earlier than he should. Should follow Herbert's model to help clean up his game. However, if he goes to the Bears I can see them ruining him like the Jets did Sam Darnold.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There are those that watched him struggle without elite talent for years at ASU.
I don't think the RB and Receiving Corps at ASU in 2022 were bad. Rachaad White was a 3rd round draft and now the starting RB at Tampa, Ricky Pearsall was a fine #3 WR, Johnny Wilson, Elijah Badger, Chip Trayanum, were all 4-star recruits. Herm just didn't know how to develop them. So they (except Badger, and White entered the draft) all hit the portal after the season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
I don't think the RB and Receiving Corps at ASU in 2022 were bad. Rachaad White was a 3rd round draft and now the starting RB at Tampa, Ricky Pearsall was a fine #3 WR, Johnny Wilson, Elijah Badger, Chip Trayanum, were all 4-star recruits. Herm just didn't know how to develop them. So they (except Badger, and White entered the draft) all hit the portal after the season.
Those are good players, but not elite players.

LSU also routinely has better OLs than ASU, but ASU wasn't talent starved. One of the biggest problems with ASU was Jaden Daniels.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I do like his athleticism, toughness, arm, but he feels like a guy who is going to leave a year earlier than he should. Should follow Herbert's model to help clean up his game. However, if he goes to the Bears I can see them ruining him like the Jets did Sam Darnold.

Who else is getting drafted off that team?

Zach Rice is a good prospect for next year. They have a couple of day 3 WRs this year and next. But Maye ain't working with much.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is hilarious

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I found another RB I like. Audric Estime from ND.

Our RB coach is a ND alum too. Initial impression is Bradley Chubb vibes.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Those are good players, but not elite players.

LSU also routinely has better OLs than ASU, but ASU wasn't talent starved. One of the biggest problems with ASU was Jaden Daniels.
This 100%. I never thought Daniels would ever develop into a legit P5 starting QB when he left, but it proved how awful Herm and his coaching staff were.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
That FSU edge Verse is dominating Florida’s OL. It’s almost embarrassing.
He hasn’t had a great year, just good. Keep in mind the Gators are using a guard at tackle as their top 4 tackles are injured. He’ll go round 1. He’s a good combo of speed/power, but he likely won’t be an All Pro.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If you're in year 5 and still starting the question is answered.

The only question is if he can be top 5 or if he's going to be a Dak Prescott or Kirk Cousins type.
The question isn't answered for me because starting isn't the measure. Kirk Cousins is the ultimate fool's gold QB. Stats look good but he's never winning jack.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

NC has lost 7 of their last 9 to State, many times with the better team. It’s weird.