2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I agree that we need better weapons than Michael Wilson and Hollywood Brown, but I disagree with the path people want to take to get there.

Continue building the trenches. Trade down if you can, take Fashanu if you can't find a good deal. Use our second-day picks on a couple WR prospects. The second-round WR is the second-most valuable asset in the NFL after a starting QB on a rookie contract.
Right? More Isabellas!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mean, it's the same WR group he had last year with Rice replacing JuJu.
And that less talented group is exactly what you’d expect . . . inconsistent. Produced last year, this year can’t hold onto the ball. You get what you pay for.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
and drafting MHJ likely moves us away from getting an elite OT,...while grabbing Fash or Alt, still leaves us in position to get an elite WR prospect with either the Texans pick or pick 34.

Unless Amarius Mims is still available at the Texans pick
We’ve got a bunch of picks. Maybe move back up and grab MHJ and alt.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
With all of their picks, I feel one of the worst things the Cardinals could do is stand pat in the draft. They have no reason to not get the prospects they love.
Agreed. I think they got a good player in PJJ, but I don’t think he’s elite. This draft you get the best talent you can. If it means moving some of the draft capital to get the talent, do it. You have it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Indeed, it's not like MHJ is the only good WR in this draft. And the drop off from the top O line is far steeper than the drop off between WR's.
This is a valid argument. But are fashanu/alt elite to the extent of MHJ? I question that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Our draft guru, Dane Brugler, called him “the best wide receiver prospect that I have evaluated over the last decade.”

this has my attention
Right. If this comes true and you draft another couple olinemen and sign a FA olineman you’ve got a damn good offense (as long as kyler doesn’t suck).

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Funny how things change. When he was at Arizona State I use to think it was crazy people compared him to Kyler.

I get that he's 22 year old SR, but now Im seeing the Lamar Jackson like comparison in terms of wiggle and long speed. Probably doesnt quite accelerate like Kyler nor the burst of Lamar. However, he's that level of athlete.

It'd be interesting if winds up on a team like the Falcons (assuming he goes that).
Damn Herm...... I thought Daniels was a bust during the last year he played at ASU.

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And they may have been correct when it comes to being an NFL prospect. Kyler still hasn’t proven he was worth the big contract or the #1 overall pick for that matter
He was the #1 overall pick in the draft. They were definitely not correct, lol.

ASU fans are also definitely not correct when Jayden gets drafted in the 1st round, high 2nd at worse.

netsnjkidd

Veteran
Reaction score
Depending on where Texans pick lands because I believe are pick will still be top 5. Is Nabers a bad 2nd option at WRs he looks like a garret wilson clone

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Tyleik Williams (DT) looks very good for Ohio State and he plays the majority of snaps.
He’s on my draft prospects list. He’d be a good rotation player. Where he goes is up in the air. If the draft were today, he’d be there in the third I think.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He was the #1 overall pick in the draft. They were definitely not correct, lol.

ASU fans are also definitely not correct when Jayden gets drafted in the 1st round, high 2nd at worse.
lol. Like being the #1 pick somehow validates it. How’s Jamarcus Russell’s career going?