2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pocket passer, good pocket presence, good feet, the best ability to read defenses in the class, the ability to play within the scheme and not freelance.

Absolutely nothing to do with height or skin colour.
TBF many insiders say Bill was trending to more mobile QBs. He was high on Lamar Jackson but thought he could get him later. They wanted to use a washed Cam Newton as a sort of bridge on how to integrate a mobile QB in their system. They were going to take Justin Fields until the Bears traded up for him.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
TBF many insiders say Bill was trending to more mobile QBs. He was high on Lamar Jackson but thought he could get him later. They wanted to use a washed Cam Newton as a sort of bridge on how to integrate a mobile QB in their system. They were going to take Justin Fields until the Bears traded up for him.
Yea, the “BB style QB” is hilarious. Hell, it seemed like Mac Jones fit that description & he’ll be on another team really soon. If he’s still the HC, I bet Bill will take any QB that’s available.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Maye had 700 yards rushing last year and 450 this year. A good pocket passer who can move when required seems like his ideal fit.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bears might just win every game the remainder of the season.
I'll be shocked.

Lions win was cool, but they've been freefalling for the past month.
Needing a GW drive to beat the Vikings despite Minnesota having 4 turnovers and missing Jefferson.
Even the first game against the Lions, it was a great collapse.

Green Bay the best team in that divison IMO.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'll be shocked.

Lions win was cool, but they've been freefalling for the past month.
Needing a GW drive to beat the Vikings despite Minnesota having 4 turnovers and missing Jefferson.
Even the first game against the Lions, it was a great collapse.

Green Bay the best team in that divison IMO.
Agree, however a running QB can be a very valuable weapon at the end of the year, in bad weather, outdoors. In Cleveland, two at home, and then in Green Bay. Lots of potential ugly games that play more to Fields's strengths than his weaknesses. Also, the opposing QBs aren't scary either. Flacco, Murray, Ridder, and Love.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agree, however a running QB can be a very valuable weapon at the end of the year, in bad weather, outdoors. In Cleveland, two at home, and then in Green Bay. Lots of potential ugly games that play more to Fields's strengths than his weaknesses. Also, the opposing QBs aren't scary either. Flacco, Murray, Ridder, and Love.
Their defense is playing really well as well. I dont see a non Aaron Rodgers Packers beating them twice in the year.

Flacco might be due a bad game.

Ironically, it'll come down to Kyler IMO. If he's moving and cutting it loose in the cold then we might get them. Goff wanted no part of that Chicago weather late.

Please discard this post if they get smashed by the Browns next week.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
keep your eyes out fellas...dude may not declare, but he might...

Sai'vion Jones Defensive end out of LSU. he aint a superstar, I expect we could get him at the end of the third or in the fourth round.
Tons of talent, was expected to break out in 23 and have a lot of buzz heading into this draft but it just didnt happen.. 6'6" 280 pounds... if he has a strong combine he will still rise.... but the kid has all the tools and a non stop motor...could be the steal of the draft in the mid rounds

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean they lost against Love already at home & lost against Carr too.

Mitch Trubisky also used to cook the Lions consistently. Think it’s a big reach believing they’ll win the rest of their games.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I mean they lost against Love already at home & lost against Carr too.

Mitch Trubisky also used to cook the Lions consistently. Think it’s a big reach believing they’ll win the rest of their games.
I guess it comes down to your shock factor. I don't think it will happen, but I wouldn't be shocked. I think there is a visible path to the Bears finishing 4-0 even if it isn't likely.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Legitimately the only reason Chop put that comment in there lol
If we are being honest, there isn't much "scary" to Kyler's game right now. I don't feel that is much of a stretch. I believe Love is playing better than him right now. Carr is a pretty good comp for Murray. They both should be better than what they are right now, but they aren't.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
keep your eyes out fellas...dude may not declare, but he might...

Sai'vion Jones Defensive end out of LSU. he aint a superstar, I expect we could get him at the end of the third or in the fourth round.
Tons of talent, was expected to break out in 23 and have a lot of buzz heading into this draft but it just didnt happen.. 6'6" 280 pounds... if he has a strong combine he will still rise.... but the kid has all the tools and a non stop motor...could be the steal of the draft in the mid rounds
Calais II?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We already suffered thru Rosen. Pass on that horrible experience again but thx you for asking. Good day sir.
Based upon the argument I have heard many on this board make, it is better to be absolutely terrible than it is to be .500. Applying this logic to Kyler and Rosen, it makes Rosen the better option.

As I have said, without significant improvement, I don't believe Kyler will ever win a playoff game.

Also, I don't see the JOsh Rosen comp for Drake Maye. Not sure how you get to that.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Looks like MHJ is going #1 overall to the Bears.
It looks that way to me, also. And then with their second first round pick, now about #6, they'll trade back and pick up more picks. The question then becomes what do we do at #3.
1. Pick WR #2.
2. Trade back.
3. Pick BPA, which might mean that there is someone not named MHJ that the team wants all along. And, then it's possible that the trade down might occur with our second first round pick. No better way to say it, we'll have Christmas in April, next year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat