2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Going to put this here.

I think we will look back at this trade as a huge mistake. What they have left Mahomes to work with for receivers is abysmal (outside of Kelce).

You must be registered for see images attach
Idk about mistake since they won a Super Bowl.

They should have better addressed the skill position spot that year.

They took Skyy Moore over Trey McBride for example.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Going to put this here.

I think we will look back at this trade as a huge mistake. What they have left Mahomes to work with for receivers is abysmal (outside of Kelce).

They won a SB post-Tyreek & Trent McDuffie was a contributor in that.

Don’t think I would be calling that a “huge mistake.”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Teams have the power to decide these things to some degree. Don't like the strength of schedule arguments? Change conferences or schedule tougher teams for your outside of conference schedule.
Because it’s so easy for teams to get into the SEC. They have an open door policy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m okay with a team not making it because their best, most significant player at the most important position is injured.
They’re clearly not the same team. Of course, I didn’t think Cincinnati and TCU were within the 4 best teams the last 2 years either.
Would this every happen if the best player was a cornerback? Offensive lineman? Michigan lost a two time all amaerican guard. Didn’t seem to impact voting.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to put this here.

The trade was great for the Chiefs, for a guy who was gonna leave in FA or break their cap anyway. The failure was in not getting a single decent WR with all those picks or in FA.

netsnjkidd

Veteran
Reaction score
Odunze turns 22 before Nabers turns 21. If he has a Julio Jones type combine he will get top-5 consideration.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Im really starting to think if we miss on Marv. Nabers wont be bad 2nd option at all. Was watching a film breakdown on Jayden Daniels, and kept wondering who is number 8 with all this acceleration and getting all this separation.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Texans have 4 pretty tough games left. Not sure how stroud is doing after the concussion but if he’s out for a game or two the cards will be in good shape. Honestly with Dell being out their offense looked pretty putrid with stroud.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They won a SB post-Tyreek & Trent McDuffie was a contributor in that.

Don’t think I would be calling that a “huge mistake.”
As good as the Purdue kid is they maybe could have taken a chance on Pickens or Watson. I know they havent lit the world on fire, but skillsets fit Mahomes.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
True but I think it will cost them a Super Bowl this year.

And maybe more.
Who knows what could happen, we just know what did. If Hill retires in 3 years as he has indicated he might, it might be a lot better for the future of the Chiefs.

Don't be shocked if they get a WR this year in the draft to pair with Rice.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
LOL this is a silly take.

The SEC took A&M who hasn't won anything meaningful in a long time. They'd take FSU in quicker that you could spell Mississippi.
Yeah but you make it sound like any team could do that. And the simple truth is, not every team could. If Louisville had done the same thing that FSU had done this year would the SEC invite Louisville in? Eh.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but you make it sound like any team could do that. And the simple truth is, not every team could. If Louisville had done the same thing that FSU had done this year would the SEC invite Louisville in? Eh.
People forget that it was Bobby Bowden who wanted to join the ACC over the SEC back in the 90s because he thought it was an easier route to a National championship. And, the money was just as good for the ACC back then.

Around that same time, the SWC was dying and the SEC and A&M had eyes on each other then because RC Slocum wanted to move to get bigger than Texas, or at least out of it's shadow. Politically, the schools and state were not ready for it so both Texas schools joined the Big 12. But when the Longhorns cut their own network deal, that was the last straw and the SEC happily took A&M. For the entire program, the move has been hugely successful for A&M in recruiting and revenue in all sports. Over that time, the Aggies have won more football games than Texas, and have had a higher profile nationally with more big wins. Until this season.

Florida St. Has been sitting there the whole time. But the SEC now has the two biggest programs in the state of Texas, and Oklahoma who has an even greater history than Florida St. They had their shot at the SEC who moved on to bigger fish.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
If that’s accurate then college football has officially jumped the shark. There’s no point in watching any teams other than a handful. As a result what we know as college football will now begin its death spiral.
I wouldn't worry about it too much as the overwhelming majority of players that would get this kind of money are still going to jump to the nfl for 2 reasons:

A) The NFL is still their dream
B) They are trying to get to their 2nd nfl contract ASAP (this money nil can not compete with)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it too much as the overwhelming majority of players that would get this kind of money are still going to jump to the nfl for 2 reasons:

A) The NFL is still their dream
B) They are trying to get to their 2nd nfl contract ASAP (this money nil can not compete with)
It’s just the level of $$$. If that type of cheddar is thrown around eventually the Arizona States of the world won’t even have the facade of being on the same playing field as a handful of programs.