2024 Free Agency thread

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Hassan Reddick has requested a trade from Jets per rapsheet.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Looking at these big spending deals the 9ers made in their early years of Shanny-Lynch, you realize most of these players ended up as duds.

I don’t want us to be aggressive just for the sake of being aggressive. That is stupid as hell.
Exactly my stance. Better to sign nobody than to sign a bad fit.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we could get either Judon or Reddick, who would you want?
Reddick, Judon is older and Gannon has had past success with Reddick.

I don't think Monti will get either considering age and both players wanting to get paid. I would be fine paying Reddick what he wants for 2 years, though the Jets have put out a statement that they will not trade him. Maybe we could convince them by giving back their 3rd and throwing in a 7th?

It is really bad value for us, but our last couple draft classes have been so big that it might make sense to trade some picks away. There are only so many players you can keep on a roster. Its probably smarter to pass on both.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I asked you to NAME me these players. I’m not going to hold your hand for you.
Wah wah I DEMAND YOU DO THESE THINGS TO SATISFY ME Wah wah

One trick pony, man. Try to vary it up every once in a while, without tossing your toys out of the pram, eh? Posters aren't GMs and don't need to do research for you to know there's more than one tool to utilize in team building.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wah wah I DEMAND YOU DO THESE THINGS TO SATISFY ME Wah wah

One trick pony, man. Try to vary it up every once in a while, without tossing your toys out of the pram, eh? Posters aren't GMs and don't need to do research for you to know there's more than one tool to utilize in team building.
Aye, take notes from Chris. He actually named players that believe Monti should have went for when asked. I bet it didn’t take him more than 30 seconds for him to do it. You could learn from him.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN
·
1h
#Bills are signing WR Damiere Byrd, per source. Speedy WR and return help for Buffalo.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Aye, take notes from Chris. He actually named players that believe Monti should have went for when asked. I bet it didn’t take him more than 30 seconds for him to do it. You could learn from him.
lol Again, I'm not allowed to have an opinion unless I satisfy your demands. Like, the more you demand, the less I'm going to do it, dude. You have no agency over my posting, and your demands have zero relevance to my posts' relevance. But keep on acting entitled making the demand. I'm sure it'll work the more you scream on here.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is what acquiring Reddick would hope to stop.

TBF, there are a lot of factors that make the Reddick acquisition difficult for any team. Money and compensation are normal things, but ego is potentially what prevents this from getting done.
Better Reddick than #CapSpace

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That is what acquiring Reddick would hope to stop.

TBF, there are a lot of factors that make the Reddick acquisition difficult for any team. Money and compensation are normal things, but ego is potentially what prevents this from getting done.
I dunno. I think the ego thing is overrated from the outside. I don't have much reason to trust the competence of the Jets organization.

The story was that there was a deal that was 95% cooked at the time of the trade, and the Jets pulled the trigger saying they're close enough to the re-work that it'd come across the finish line. Then they went quiet I guess.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I dunno. I think the ego thing is overrated from the outside. I don't have much reason to trust the competence of the Jets organization.

The story was that there was a deal that was 95% cooked at the time of the trade, and the Jets pulled the trigger saying they're close enough to the re-work that it'd come across the finish line. Then they went quiet I guess.
The ego piece is more in regards to compensation. My guess is the Jets would rather have Reddick sit on their roster than take a 5th or 6th round pick after they just gave up a conditional 4th for him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The ego piece is more in regards to compensation. My guess is the Jets would rather have Reddick sit on their roster than take a 5th or 6th round pick after they just gave up a conditional 4th for him.
Who knows how the condition works if he doesn't end up playing for the Jets though?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giugurta