2024 Texans pick watch thread

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus that’s a tremendous disappointment from where most of started at the time of the deal.
Texans took advantage of a VERY easy schedule and CJ Stroud was really good. I still don't mind the trade even though for a while I thought Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison could be Cardinals. :)

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s disappointing, sure, but we won’t know the full results until whoever we pick at #27 & see how they produce.

For all we know, the 27th player could end up a much player than half of the players who will be drafted in front of him.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It’s disappointing, sure, but we won’t know the full results until whoever we pick at #27 & see how they produce.

For all we know, the 27th player could end up a much player than half of the players who will be drafted in front of him.
Right?
If we come out of it with a pair of bookend tackles for the next 12 years it's a win...not even counting what we got with the later picks

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Well of course. We could find an all pro with a 6th round pick . . . if we weren’t the cardinals. But the likelihood, with the selection pool, lessens with each drop of a pick.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score

Could, would, should.... Data backs up the opposite. PFF has made a statistical calculation on correlation between draft status and production. 4 positions stand out. QB, Edge, OT and WR. So data shows that the higher the pick, the better the player for especially those 4 positions

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could, would, should.... Data backs up the opposite. PFF has made a statistical calculation on correlation between draft status and production. 4 positions stand out. QB, Edge, OT and WR. So data shows that the higher the pick, the better the player for especially those 4 positions
Make sure to not tell Les Snead & the Rams this.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah but their playoff run was totally unexpected, now better get a steal there at 27
I seen a mock trade a few minutes ago on facebook
Raiders get pick 4 cardinals get 2024 pick 13 2024 pick 44 and 2025 first rounder. I could see Monti doin this and grabbin newton. My reaction would be “ I get it cuz we have so many needs”

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Raiders get pick 4 cardinals get 2024 pick 13 2024 pick 44 and 2025 first rounder. I could see Monti doin this and grabbin newton. My reaction would be “ I get it cuz we have so many needs”
Trade down makes sense Just if MhJ Is gone and we move few spots, in the 6-8 range

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s what I feel as well. I am good with harrisson alt olu or nabers gonna be happy either way.
If MhJ Is selected before our pick i wish a scenario where we move down few spots, we get Alt or fashanu and then trading up to get Nabers
Then all the reamining picks defensive line Cb olb
How many picks we need to throw to move from 27 tò 10?

Last edited:

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Make sure to not tell Les Snead & the Rams this.
You clearly do not understand statistics with that comment. There Can be outlier is High drafted players being busts and 5th rounders being pro-bowlers.

It Doesn’t change the Fact that it’s statistical proven that higher draft picks produce better especially on those 4 positions. But the confidence interval is not 100, so while the rule is proven and valid it only applies in x% of the players

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You clearly do not understand statistics with that comment. There Can be outlier is High drafted players being busts and 5th rounders being pro-bowlers.

It Doesn’t change the Fact that it’s statistical proven that higher draft picks produce better especially on those 4 positions. But the confidence interval is not 100, so while the rule is proven and valid it only applies in x% of the players
Yup ...it's 90%correct 30% of the time

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That’s cool.

Still doesn’t change what I said about don’t tell Les Snead & the Rams this.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If MhJ Is selected before our pick i wish a scenario where we move down few spots, we get Alt or fashanu and then trading up to get Nabers
Then all the reamining picks defensive line Cb olb
How many picks we need to throw to move from 27 tò 10?
The Chiefs traded the 27th pick, their late 3rd round pick, and the following year's 1st round pick for the Bills' 10th pick to take Mahomes.

According to the Draftek trade value chart, #27 is worth 680 points and #10 is worth 1300, so it would take the equivalent of the #30 overall pick to make the move.

The Jets pick 10th this year, but from what I read, I suspect Nabers will be gone by #10. And pretty much all of the teams between 5 and 10 are more likely to want to hold on to their picks or move up than to be willing to move down.

So while this scenario seems very unlikely the Cards do have enough draft capital to offer, with the #27 plus their high 2nd round pick (550 points), plus a some combination of their 3rds (260, 235, 136) & 4th (84) depending on how high they would need to go in the top 10. (#8 is worth 1400 points, and #6, 1600.)

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
My reaction would be I would love it when "The Haul" leads the team in receiving because that blue chip player--oh wait we'd be trading out of blue chip range and "draft hauls" are often mirages.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22