2024 Twitter Thread (News of the Cards)

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That is quite intriguing

I would do it as long as a pre-agreed contract was in place for HR
it’s a tough decision for sure. Budda is the heart and soul of this defense. But he’s a linebacker playing safety. He’s not great man-to-man and isn’t a ball hawk at all. The only INT I can remember of his was from 3 years ago when Metcalf chased him down from behind. He’s a telegraph too because he’s not going to play man to man, if he’s in the box he’s blitzing, so I would think that makes him an easy read for opposing QBs.

I love Budda, I want 11 Buddas on defense, but I think we can live without him. We need a pass rusher, and if we can get a top 5 pass rusher for the next 2-3 years without giving up draft capital, it’s compelling.

Still though, I’d like to see us keep Budda 2 more years, develop Rabbit, and see if we can land Reddick for a 3rd or 4th round pick. Might be wishful thinking though.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it’s a tough decision for sure. Budda is the heart and soul of this defense. But he’s a linebacker playing safety. He’s not great man-to-man and isn’t a ball hawk at all. The only INT I can remember of his was from 3 years ago when Metcalf chased him down from behind. He’s a telegraph too because he’s not going to play man to man, if he’s in the box he’s blitzing, so I would think that makes him an easy read for opposing QBs.

I love Budda, I want 11 Buddas on defense, but I think we can live without him. We need a pass rusher, and if we can get a top 5 pass rusher for the next 2-3 years without giving up draft capital, it’s compelling.

Still though, I’d like to see us keep Budda 2 more years, develop Rabbit, and see if we can land Reddick for a 3rd or 4th round pick. Might be wishful thinking though.
Well, I wouldn't do it if I thought the Cards were planning on resigning Budda - but I don't think they plan to, so I would be ok with the deal.

I don't think Reddick is going to be the panacea many on here think he will be, and I really don't like signing 30 year old pass rushers to big money deals. But if all it costs is 3/4 of a season of Budda and a head start for Rabbit's learning curve the cost is I guess acceptable if Reddick can produce some pressure.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Heart and soul of a league-worst defense. Maybe someone would rise to the occasion in his absence?
I almost said exactly this in my note but erased over it. Rabbit might be ready eventually but he didn’t even take a snap on defense last week, did he? I liked him in preseason for sure.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Budda as a person but this makes all kinds of sense.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hell NO! Why in the world would the Cardinals give up a star player for a player who the Jets can't even get to show up?

There is no way in hell I'm giving up Budda for Reddick. They can have Elijah Jones or Joey Blount or a 4th round pick.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Hell NO! Why in the world would the Cardinals give up a star player for a player who the Jets can't even get to show up?

There is no way in hell I'm giving up Budda for Reddick. They can have Elijah Jones or Joey Blount or a 4th round pick.
Yeah. Trading an old player at the least important position on defense for an old player on the most important position on defense while they are both productive...well that, naw...that don't make any sense

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score

There is no way in hell I'm giving up Budda for Reddick. They can have Elijah Jones or Joey Blount or a 4th

Yeah. Trading an old player at the least important position on defense for an old player on the most important position on defense while they are both productive...well that, naw...that don't make any sense
It does when your edge group only generated pressure on 3.5% of the snaps.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Yeah I think we would have to sweeten the pot a bit. Unless the Jets get desperate.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think we're all dreaming about Reddick TBH. A SB contender is going to pick Reddick up.

The Niners and Lions both have top 5 cap space. Last year Niners showed they are willing to rent a guy for a season via trade when they took Chase Young. Both would get better at Edge by adding Reddick. The Chiefs are weak at Edge too and while they don't have the space, could likely move things around to free some up.

Reddick likely goes to a contender. The only caveat is if Reddick wants to do that or wants a long term deal. But the Lions could probably give him that too.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You can't have your WR1 and your WR2 being 1st read on 8% and 4% of targets.

You must be registered for see images attach

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Like I said. Stupid suggestion by ESPN for the Cardinals side of things!