2nd & 3rd Round Draft Thread

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Fleming has some good quotes.....

Kent Somers ‏ @kentsomers Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Fleming says he loves special teams, has his own highlight reels of hits. Lack of self-esteem not a problem. could play some safety, too

Darren Urban ‏ @Cardschatter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Fleming on special teams play: "I got a highlight reel just on special teams." #CardsDraft

David Bassity ‏ @D_D_Bass Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Another Sooner drafted. @JamellFleming to Arizona...last two times he's been there he's been a Bowl Defensive MVP. Good future.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Brown played well at the end of last year.

Syder is an upgrade. Colledge/Sendlein are solid.

We need a RT and depth. If we take 2 OTs in this draft, odds are one of them will be an upgrade over Bridges. Not like those are big shoes to fill.

Im fine with Potter, Reynolds or Datko in the 4th. Good picks. And at this rate, It looks like Massie and Sanders will be there. There has to be something wrong with MAssie.

Medical possibly.

Hoping we get a guy to push Bridges, if nothing else. I agree our interior line is set, except for maybe a depth signing.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
More twitter....

Philip Redrick ‏ @KingRedrick Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
My boy J roc went 3rd 17th @JamellFleming is a cardinal..God bless you..good luck in the NFL..o yea he was our 2nd leg on the state relay

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Do you believe Massie is a reach at 80? Which position is of greater need to the Cards? OT or CB?

Who is the better player? Something obviously is wrong with Massie, there is a reason he is dropping this far. I want great players. Give me a team with 53 great players vs a team where you draft for need.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Who is the better player? Something obviously is wrong with Massie, there is a reason he is dropping this far. I want great players. Give me a team with 53 great players vs a team where you draft for need.

I'm sure there is a reason but it doesn't have to be that something is wrong with Massie. Look at how far Sam Acho dropped last year compared to the production we got from him. Teams just miss on guys. Happens every year.

OP
OP
WildBB

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
And Oakland take an OT passing on one Bobbie Massie./...:confused:

Couple good ones left inc. Sanders, J. Brown, Ryan Miller 6'7 321 out of Colorado. and Mosley are highest rated right now,.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure there is a reason but it doesn't have to be that something is wrong with Massie. Look at how far Sam Acho dropped last year compared to the production we got from him. Teams just miss on guys. Happens every year.

Acho wasn't considered a 2nd round pick. I know teams miss guys but for a guy who was as well regarded as Massie there is something amiss. I am sure we will find out soon enough.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
And Oakland take an OT passing on one Bobbie Massie./...:confused:

Couple good ones left inc. Sanders, J. Brown, Ryan Miller 6'7 321 out of Colorado. and Mosley are highest rated right now,.

Massie didn't have a fast enough 40 time for Oakland. :D

Mayock was just discussing Massie and said "I've got some homework to do".. has no idea why he has fallen.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as talent goes I like the Cardinals draft. If I were a fan of some other teams I wouldn't be so happy.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Acho wasn't considered a 2nd round pick. I know teams miss guys but for a guy who was as well regarded as Massie there is something amiss. I am sure we will find out soon enough.

Mayock just said he needs to do his homework. He is baffled as well. He is highest rated player left on the board.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Acho was considered as a potential second round high 3rd selection and we got him at 103.

You may be right on Massie but wasn't he a 3rd-4th round prediction to begin with? Don't remember.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
It took a lot of teams taking WR's ahead of 112!

I was totally joking at the time.. that picked has turned this into a brilliant draft so far, in my mind. Hoping one of the solid defensive players sticks around for us in the 5th, or even another O-lineman if a Zerbie Sanders or James Brown is still around.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What did I say?

Some of you are so high strung. Losing your marbles when we took a CB in the 3rd. I said the draft wasnt over and there were plenty of OL prospects out there.

See.

We picked up 3 solid guys. Massie is a steal. Senio is also a steal. Potter is a good project.

through those DBs weve shored up our defensive backfield.

moral of the story: Dont jump the gun. You stress yourself out over nothing.