30 Million In Cap Space...put up or shut up time!

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
we could all be wrong, but so far all we're hearing is "we love jj" and "we're bringing in kosier and milford" . . . how much does that excite you about upgrading our OL and running game this offseason?

Actaully that is not what they have said.

DG has said he still thinks JJ can be a good back. He has not said that he is relying on that to materialize.

While I know little about those 2 OL guys, I'm assuming from your tone that you think they suck. If I heard right one of them is from the Texans, which I assume to you says he sucks. Well from what I have heard it's the pass blocking that was bad not run blocking. Also do you know if the Texans were using the guy correctly ?

The Cards also haven't said that this is ALL they are doing. The implication in your post is that we are standing pat with JJ and bringing is to OL FA for a interview who IYO suck., end of FA.

That ain't gonna spend 20+ million but then I guess you assume that BB Snr plans to pocket the remainder

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
nidan said:
You misunderstand me Ouchie.

I didn't say that fast turnarounds are luck, I said they need luck. Big difference.

The point being that you can do everything right and still have it turn to a turd in your hand. The faster [aka more aggressively] you try to do it the more likely this result is.

I can think of a number of teams that have been historticly bad and seem to have improved recently
  1. Tampa
  2. Rams
  3. Seattle
  4. Bengals
  5. Patriots, I might be wrong here but didn't they suck not too many years ago ?
And we all know what they have in common. They all got new stadiums, does that suggest that the increased revenued helped? Also We had a worst stadium/stadium lease than any of theose teams, so what does that say ?

That the owner of the Cardinals franchise was not a very good businessman?

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
Whatever.......

Without taking $5-$10MM into next year, how do you propose to have enough cap space to resign those like Dansby, Dockett, Leonard Davis, Step and or Leckey (whoever steps it up this year) and any other potential UFA/RFA that we might have? The cap only increases $7MM for 2007 from 2006.

Davis' cap number will become a lot smaller if he gets a new contract. Step and Leckey won't get a new deal unless they improve dramaticly. So $7M plus Davis' cap saving would be enough to re-sign DAnsby and Dockett.

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
BACH said:
Davis' cap number will become a lot smaller if he gets a new contract. Step and Leckey won't get a new deal unless they improve dramaticly. So $7M plus Davis' cap saving would be enough to re-sign DAnsby and Dockett.

Actually if Davis is signed during the year his cap hit wouldn't become smaller it would likely become larger. Remember the resigning often takes place around week 10 I beleive, which means you've allready absorbed the bonus, plus 10/16 of his salary, resigning him at that point wouldn't effect the rest of his current salary so you would save no money on the current contract, all you would be doing is placing some of the new bonus money onto the current year to save cap space the following year.

You save money when you resign players at the before the begining of a season because part of the resigning is usually a lower salary that year with a spread out bonus.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
new england patriots owner built his own stadium. all the revenue from the patriots stadium goes to bob kraft.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
JasonKGME said:
Actually if Davis is signed during the year his cap hit wouldn't become smaller it would likely become larger. Remember the resigning often takes place around week 10 I beleive, which means you've allready absorbed the bonus, plus 10/16 of his salary, resigning him at that point wouldn't effect the rest of his current salary so you would save no money on the current contract, all you would be doing is placing some of the new bonus money onto the current year to save cap space the following year.

You save money when you resign players at the before the begining of a season because part of the resigning is usually a lower salary that year with a spread out bonus.

So do you want DAVIS to resign or re-sign? :confused: :D