49ers | Team signs DE Justin Smith

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Were not signing anyone in the first week. That has been said ad nauseam by our front office.

All that for Justin Smith !?! Ha. I think the Niner will have be highest paid most under productive team of all time next year.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
They beat us twice last year...and they are improving their personnel, while we sit around and do nothing.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
waste of money. I don't think throwing money at un-productive players is necessarily improving your team. The Bengals need all they can get on the defensive side of the ball and weren't in any hurry to re-sign him. That should tell you alot about Smith right there.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Were not signing anyone in the first week. That has been said ad nauseam by our front office.

All that for Justin Smith !?! Ha. I think the Niner will have be highest paid most under productive team of all time next year.

Come clean Rugby, you related to Graves?

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
this makes me wonder if they are going 3-4 or now going back to the 4-3.

Justin Smith isnt a 3-4 guy by any stretch

joko4

Registered
Reaction score
Smith did not want to play with the Bengals anymore. Smith will be a Force with the 49ers I guarantee it. Funny thing I was told 2 weeks ago he was going to be a 49er. As bad as we play the 49ers, this does not help the situation.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Smith did not want to play with the Bengals anymore. Smith will be a Force with the 49ers I guarantee it. Funny thing I was told 2 weeks ago he was going to be a 49er. As bad as we play the 49ers, this does not help the situation.
And the Bengals didn't want Smith. He's had 5 years in the league and had 1 decent year. My Bengals buddy was glad to see him go. He was franchised last year and the Bengals got little out of him.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Had two sacks all year with the bengals last season.. Not worried.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the Bengals didn't want Smith. He's had 5 years in the league and had 1 decent year. My Bengals buddy was glad to see him go. He was franchised last year and the Bengals got little out of him.

Sounds like somebody else we know ?

I guess we want players that have had more than 1 good year, is that what you are saying ?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sounds like somebody else we know ?

I guess we want players that have had more than 1 good year, is that what you are saying ?

So you don't want Pace back, eh? Who's going to start before Berry (he doesn't have enough juice to start). Who's going to at least spell Berry. Who's going to back up Berry and/or Okeafor? And, if Graves had re-signed him, would you instead be making happy little insinuating posts about Pace instead?

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a sarcastic retort Cubs comment.

Cubs like to trash the Cardinals FO and yet it seems he doesn't like Smith because he only had one good year.

Conversely we are doomed for losing Pace [which I don't think has happened yet], who has exactly 1 good year.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
I like the signing, I think we paid a little too much but he will help our D from the start. It seems we (49ers) play both the 3-4 and the 4-3, we still arent a true 3-4...With Bryant Young retiring, we needed somebody to help with our lack of pass rush, also Manny Lawson coming back. It doesnt mean we'll have a pass rush but it will definitely improve...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That was a sarcastic retort Cubs comment.

Cubs like to trash the Cardinals FO and yet it seems he doesn't like Smith because he only had one good year.

Conversely we are doomed for losing Pace [which I don't think has happened yet], who has exactly 1 good year.

Gotcha :thumbup:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
waste of money. I don't think throwing money at un-productive players is necessarily improving your team. The Bengals need all they can get on the defensive side of the ball and weren't in any hurry to re-sign him. That should tell you alot about Smith right there.

Actually, that tells me a lot more about the Bengals. Their front office/ownership still sucks. They peaked at 8-8. Justin Smith was the highest rated DE in FA. Bengals didn't have the money, not sure about desire to resign Smith and I get the feeling he didn't want back in there. I would have been elated had the Cards signed Smith.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Anyone concerned about Justin Smith and his vaunted (2 sacks last year) pass rushing ability, should review the Cards-Cinnci game.

Smith makes Gandy look like a perrenial All-Pro.

Last year, this board heralded every signing by the 49ers as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Yes, they beat us twice... but, it sure as hell wasn't because they have a better team. The comparative records at the end of year, answer that question.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone concerned about Justin Smith and his vaunted (2 sacks last year) pass rushing ability, should review the Cards-Cinnci game.

Smith makes Gandy look like a perrenial All-Pro.

Last year, this board heralded every signing by the 49ers as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Yes, they beat us twice... but, it sure as hell wasn't because they have a better team. The comparative records at the end of year, answer that question.

They beat us because Rackers SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't bashed that maggot in months, so I just had to get that one in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05