Absolute Low

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
This feeling I have about the Cards performance cannot be put into words...28-3 to the Bears? Kordell Stewart 22/37 for 284 and 2 TD's? A rookie 3rd stringer rushes for 134 yards and a TD? 3 more turnovers? Can't blame it on the weather....This an absolute low...worse than the Browns game...Shipp was not himself...Emmitt who? Blake the Fake? Gilmore and BJ "we can run but can't catch to save our lives?"! Why oh why do I do this to myself year in and year out?! My wife begged me not to renew next year! I snapped back at her "I'm a fan so I will be there!". But why?! Now I'm in the doghouse....The misery...absolute misery!

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jttsaz
This feeling I have about the Cards performance cannot be put into words...28-3 to the Bears? Kordell Stewart 22/37 for 284 and 2 TD's? A rookie 3rd stringer rushes for 134 yards and a TD? 3 more turnovers? Can't blame it on the weather....This an absolute low...worse than the Browns game...Shipp was not himself...Emmitt who? Blake the Fake? Gilmore and BJ "we can run but can't catch to save our lives?"! Why oh why do I do this to myself year in and year out?! My wife begged me not to renew next year! I snapped back at her "I'm a fan so I will be there!". But why?! Now I'm in the doghouse....The misery...absolute misery!

If there is a Franchise QB available to us come draft day we are idiots if we do not make that our number one pick. It may be there is no QB worthy of our #1 pick come draft day but that is our number one need for the future. We need a lot of help all over the place but it all starts with a QB. If he cannot get the job done then the rest of the team will not play up to their abilities.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jttsaz

Considering that only one starter is out injured-DJohnson makes up for KVB- I would have to say that this is the worst team the Cardinals have put on the field in 45 years.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can a team who beats Green Bay and San Fran. at home loose to a really bad Bears team (without their starting QB and RB) on the road? If the coaching hasn't gotten the game plan all screwed up, the players screw up. We need accountability on this team.

No. 1, start McCown or Parsons the rest of the season to see if we want to keep either player. Blake should have lost his starting job after that performance he put on today. Next week, start a bunch of our 2nd. string players to at least give them experience. What difference does it make if we loose by 25 points or 50 points? Shake up this team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Release someone like the Bucs just did. Everyone has a job no matter how they perform.

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Re: Re: Absolute Low

Originally posted by Duckjake
Considering that only one starter is out injured-DJohnson makes up for KVB- I would have to say that this is the worst team the Cardinals have put on the field in 45 years.

How quickly we forget the 20 plus million the CARDS spent on a starting defensive back, who has been out all year....

45 years? are you old enough to know?:D

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Things I want to see:

1. Reggie Wells and Raleigh Roundtree starting over Clement & Davis. We might as well see what Wells has.

2. Gerald Hayes getting some time on the field other than in kick coverage.

3. Preston Parsons.

4. Kevin Kaspar (by default just because Gilmore sucks so bad).

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Absolute Low

Originally posted by Northern Card
How quickly we forget the 20 plus million the CARDS spent on a starting defensive back, who has been out all year....

:D

To clarify: The Cards have TWO "starters" out, KVB and Starks. "DJohnson makes up for KVB" so that leaves STARKS as the "ONE starter out injured".

45 years? are you old enough to know?:

Unfortunately, Yes.

Last edited:

TheRedChord814

Larry David...God
Reaction score
utter dismay

Today was just bad.....totally bad...Blake should be benched for the rest of the season...I didn't see many positive areas for us at all.....we are living the american nightmare that happened in C-Town earlier this year...

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Originally posted by MaoTosiFanClub
Things I want to see:

1. Reggie Wells and Raleigh Roundtree starting over Clement & Davis. We might as well see what Wells has.

3. Preston Parsons.

I was about to post pretty much same. Agree with all :thumbup:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the risk of boring you, it's not the players. It's the coaching and the scheme.

Check the front page Monday afternoon.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
At the risk of boring you, it's not the players. It's the coaching and the scheme.

They sure seemed dialed in on our running plays today.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score

Man, our coaching is atrocious! There is absolutely no sense of urgency from anyone, especially on offense. Blake today looked like a guy just out collecting a paycheck. Disgraceful!

If I was a member of that team I would wear a disguise when I showed up to get paid on Monday.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Definitely a poor performance by the offense. The defense hung in there for most of the game*. Then, Blake killed them with turnovers.

Three lousy points. Less than fifty yards rushing. Q gets two catches. Bad Bad Bad.

* The Bears field goal kicker really stinks.

pinnacle

Reaction score
I agree with Skorp, conrad and others on this one....our scheming, personel decisions and play calling are awful. casual observations from the games today:

1. I rewatched part of the game on tape...I wanted to focus in on the plays where the offensive line was whipped...as opposed to lacking talent - it seems the olineman are not sure who to block. Leonard davis letting guys run buy him cannot be 100% due to his lack of talent - because he has some talent..he does not even reach out and try to shove the guys to the ground as they are running by him..he is looking at another player who is being blocked by someone else...these guys seem to have no clue most of the time. Bill lewis (former offensive lineman for cardinals) has said on the radio that he thinks the talent is there - but the players seem confused and play soft...I tend to agree with him.

2. We had the bears at third and long quite a few times today - and I thought thompson and fisher were playing well on first down - but they always come out on third and long - we took our best two playmakers (today anyway) out of the game in certain situations.

3. When we had our backs to the wall in the past week or two - we ran screens..and in certain cases (rarely) a fake screen to the back (shipp) on the left and then end up throwing to the right on a tight end screen...this has been our best offensive play allseason (next to boldin) and I do not think we ran one screen today...why?

4. teams have almost stopped guarding boldin on the reverse..we actually hand the ball off so little - hand the damn ball off..get boldin the ball..he is our best player.

5. we did try to stretch the field today...like 2 or 3 times on bombs...but it was too little too late. Basically the bears seemed to say we are going to shut down your running game - and we dare you to beat us in the air...what did we do - handed the ball off and mostly dinked and dunked....the bears were playing tough underneath and at the line of scrimmage..the only way I know to loosen that up: 1) throw deep 2) screens to the outside or 3) do some misdirections and handoffs on reverses. Talk about josh mccown deer in the headlights - I think sullivan has the same disease.

6. we always back off on third and long and play prevent type defense..why? it never works...we are going down anyway..may as well try something new...

I am an amatuer like everyone else..and if we can see this stuff...why can't the coaching staff?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Originally posted by MaoTosiFanClub
Things I want to see:

3. Preston Parsons.

Davis did let up a sack but he is playing much better down the stretch. He would play even better if there wasn't a rusty gate of a RT next to him.

Clement,Gilmore,Bryant are some of the worse players in the NFL.

:thumbup:

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I saw some of what pinnacle saw...the lack of adjustment to the play on the offensive side of the ball is scary.

We changed up the d-side plan when Forsey started tearing through early, but our offensive calling seemed to get worse throughout the game. Utter nonsense.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score

I just don't understand the doom and gloom. Everyone knew weeks ago that this whole season was toast and it is. Players know this and no one wants to be labled a quiter but also no one is going 100% either.

Now is not the time to get too wound up about how bad we are because talent wise we are not that bad. We were in some games this year but each and every blowout started with the other team adusting much faster than we did or we just turned the ball over.

We turn the ball over because we are starting too many rookies at skill postions. This will not be as bad next year.

We also are getting totally outschemed 80% of the time and players that can play are not progressing or langishing on the bench.

Parson should start just to see some of him without question. Same goes for McCown. Just to see how they do against live fire.

By the same token you cannot judge them too harshly because the same staff is schemeing for them too.

Really if a franchise QB is there great if not get another impact player for the defense. We need a FA wr a rush end and a killer DT. We also need a QB who can throw accurate passes and sees the whole field. I like Parsons much more than some do just in what I have seen I really just want to see him against a real NFL team. Until then we have no idea if he stinks or is great or somewhere inbetween.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinnacle

2. We had the bears at third and long quite a few times today - and I thought thompson and fisher were playing well on first down - but they always come out on third and long - we took our best two playmakers (today anyway) out of the game in certain situations.

6. we always back off on third and long and play prevent type defense..why? it never works...we are going down anyway..may as well try something new...

I was yelling at the tv today about exactly these two things you point out. We get the other team in a 3rd and long situation by being aggressive and throwing blitzes at them, and then 3rd down comes up and we just decide to throw the 3 down lineman crap at them and drop everyone else back into a soft zone. Its a complete joke. We play not to lose, instead of punching them in the mouth every down.

And going even further - the bears had to replace their right guard in the 2nd quarter I think, and I don't remember a single blitz or extra defender keying on that gap. WTF? Hit the guy when he first comes in - throw an overload blitz over his area, do something to make me think that the defensive coaches are calling the plays on the game and not just pointing at random at the soft zone schemes in the playbook.

pinnacle

Reaction score
conrad...actually - I am not feeling that gloomy either. in a sick way...I could point to the following:

1. it is so bad that I think ownership will overhaul the place...I think they are sick of the pounding - especially michael. I think he wants to win and will attempt to do something about it...first move will be with the coaching staff.

2. we have a superstar player for the long term in boldin. we had boston a few years ago - but he always had issues and then injuries ...

3. some guys have actually improved over last season.. not alot - but some. Fisher was injured last year and is playing decent. For the most part Dennis johnson seems to have finally come around. Raynoch thompson is playing well. Shipp will be fine..some guys like barrett have regressed - but he will be gone. In addition to Boldin..I like kenny king alot - not sure where he will play - but I would pencil him in as a second starter on the dline (he and johnson). we may have find new starters at the other two dline spots..wilson sucked earlier in the year - but has played better the past 2 weeks. Lets hope that someone from the 1st round group of wendall bryant, pace or bryant johnson steps up..at least one of them.. I think dennis johnson improved - maybe pace will also...johnson did not look good last season - but looks ok (not great) this year.

4. we will not lose as many key players as last year..pretty much everyone who starts except for barrett is under contract.

5. we will have a top 3 pick and starting caliber players in rounds one and two. if we get a qb - he would not start at 1st..but at least blake will be a decent backup if we do take a qb.

6. Rod Graves I think learned a painful lesson this offseason. He will do everything in his power to improve the qb position and get a veteran wide receiver....plus we should have some cap space to sign some guys at db, etc. a new coach is always good for a free agent signing or two..

7. for once..the team will be another year older as we will not lose many guys.

actually..my biggest concern is the oline..they make so much $$ that it will be hard to manuever. I think cameron spikes can be replaced..but it will be hard to replace clement...it will be hard to fix this group...

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinnacle
conrad...actually - I am not feeling that gloomy either. in a sick way...I could point to the following:

1. it is so bad that I think ownership will overhaul the place...I think they are sick of the pounding - especially michael. I think he wants to win and will attempt to do something about it...first move will be with the coaching staff.

2. we have a superstar player for the long term in boldin. we had boston a few years ago - but he always had issues and then injuries ...

3. some guys have actually improved over last season.. not alot - but some. Fisher was injured last year and is playing decent. For the most part Dennis johnson seems to have finally come around. Raynoch thompson is playing well. Shipp will be fine..some guys like barrett have regressed - but he will be gone. In addition to Boldin..I like kenny king alot - not sure where he will play - but I would pencil him in as a second starter on the dline (he and johnson). we may have find new starters at the other two dline spots..wilson sucked earlier in the year - but has played better the past 2 weeks. Lets hope that someone from the 1st round group of wendall bryant, pace or bryant johnson steps up..at least one of them.. I think dennis johnson improved - maybe pace will also...johnson did not look good last season - but looks ok (not great) this year.

4. we will not lose as many key players as last year..pretty much everyone who starts except for barrett is under contract.

5. we will have a top 3 pick and starting caliber players in rounds one and two. if we get a qb - he would not start at 1st..but at least blake will be a decent backup if we do take a qb.

6. Rod Graves I think learned a painful lesson this offseason. He will do everything in his power to improve the qb position and get a veteran wide receiver....plus we should have some cap space to sign some guys at db, etc. a new coach is always good for a free agent signing or two..

7. for once..the team will be another year older as we will not lose many guys.

actually..my biggest concern is the oline..they make so much $$ that it will be hard to manuever. I think cameron spikes can be replaced..but it will be hard to replace clement...it will be hard to fix this group...

All good points and I agree with you almost 100%. Graves made a stand last year on a few assistants and blinked and also got shelled in the draft and in FA.. He made awesome strides in getting things to change as far as contracts and resigning players.

Next year I bet he does better in FA and in the draft and frankly his biggest challenge is who will be the next coach.

I have learned not to say things cannot get worse I will just say that next year should be interesting as heck.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We turn the ball over because we are starting too many rookies at skill postions. This will not be as bad next year.

Wait a minute, the only rookie "starting" on offense is Boldin, their best player. Shipp, Blake, Hodgins, Gilmore and Jones have 28.4375 years of NFL experience between them.

When Smith is in you have 38.4375 years of experience. Maybe they turn the ball over because their skill players are too old.
:D

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

que?

boredstiff

Reaction score
I was thrashed on this board a few months ago for suggesting that many of you find a new team! I came back to see how things were going, and they aren't.

It is more of the same. Next year this and next year that! I hate to say it but if you think that it is going to be any different next year, I am afraid you are all in denial.

It is not one position on this team that if changed, it would get better.

QB sucks
Special Teams- suck entirely
RB- Love the guy, think he's a stud, but he is not up to par with the top notch backs in this league who perform for the entire season at the level Shipp did for a couple of games
WR-promising( at least one of them anyway)
OL- for the most part suck
DL- suck accross the board (Wasted a pick on Pace-he even looked slow in his highlight films they showed on draft day- I really got drilled for that one)
DB's- one or two decent backs(to include Jackson- the rest suck)
LB's- Suck!
Coaching- dare I say it......Suck!
Front office- not even going there

Come over, find another team. Watch the Redbirds out of the corner of your eye. Check sportscenter every now and then and see how they are doing. Pick another up and coming team with good personnel, who have a future. Heck, pick the Bengals, before Lewis turns things around to the point that they begin to make the playoffs a few years in a row.

Sure is nice to not fight with my wife on Sunday evenings anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05