Adrian Wilson injured

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
FYI:

In 2003, Green Bay Packers D-Lineman Gilbert Brown tore his biceps on August 9th, thought to have ended his season, came back 3 weeks later and played through the injury. I remember ESPN interviewing him about his decision to forgo surgery and he was completely comfortable with the situation.

In 1993, Cowboys linebacker Ken Norton Jr. played all season with a torn biceps and went to the Pro Bowl

We still don't know the severity of the injury, but AW is as tough as they get in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if he followed the path of the two aforementioned in order to stay on the field.

Time will tell.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
FYI:

In 2003, Green Bay Packers D-Lineman Gilbert Brown tore his biceps on August 9th, thought to have ended his season, came back 3 weeks later and played through the injury. I remember ESPN interviewing him about his decision to forgo surgery and he was completely comfortable with the situation.

In 1993, Cowboys linebacker Ken Norton Jr. played all season with a torn biceps and went to the Pro Bowl

We still don't know the severity of the injury, but AW is as tough as they get in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if he followed the path of the two aforementioned in order to stay on the field.

Time will tell.

Also basically put an end to Bob Sanders career.

Lets hope we don't have to read this about Adrian Wilson.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/9/14/1688590/breaking-bob-sanders-has-torn

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They didn't invest in a 5-year deal in Bradley without confidence, greater than yours, that a 260lb SILB would in fact improve the run "D".

i'm not sure how much confidence one can have though in RG and Wiz's ability to identify LBers who can make any impact whatsoever, considering how HORRIFIC they've been at getting them (and letting good ones go) in the last 4 years. Buster Davis, Cody Brown, Joey Porter, Lennon, Will Davis, Reggie Walker were all either total busts or complete non-impact players. Washington's the only guy who might have shown any kind of ability to stay on the field and even that at this point is debatable.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Also basically put an end to Bob Sanders career.

Lets hope we don't have to read this about Adrian Wilson.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/9/14/1688590/breaking-bob-sanders-has-torn

That was also Bob Sanders second torn bicep in two straight years I believe.

It all comes down to the severity of the tear, it can be a 25% tear all the way up to a 100% tear.

It also depends on the position that you play, are you a linemen bench pressing dudes for 60+ snaps a game or are you a DB wrapping up tacklers 10 times a game.

He will have lost strength without a doubt, but lets see what the MRI says about just how much strength is lost, and how much can be gained back in 5 weeks from now before we start mashing our teeth over this.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expect that their due deligence on this matter was at least as extensive as yours.

like the due diligence they did in depending on Hayes last year to start... when we KNEW he was having major back problems at the end of 2009 and wasn't getting better during the off-season? And that was one of our OWN players we completely screwed the pooch on.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
like the due diligence they did in depending on Hayes last year to start... when we KNEW he was having major back problems at the end of 2009 and wasn't getting better during the off-season? And that was one of our OWN players we completely screwed the pooch on.

Bradley is two seasons removed from his knee injury and neurological tests determine if a player has any post concussion issues. Don't know what else you expect them to do?

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bradley is two seasons removed from his knee injury and neurological tests determine if a player has any post concussion issues. Don't know what else you expect them to do?

go out and sign someone who doesn't have such big question marks relating to his health seeing as that's bitten us in the ass at that exact position for the last two years? that really shouldn't have been asking for too much when FA started.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
go out and sign someone who doesn't have such big question marks relating to his health seeing as that's bitten us in the ass at that exact position for the last two years? that really shouldn't have been asking for too much when FA started.

Well, having seen Bradley play, I have no problem with the signing. And, by the way. your reference to Hayes is a bit off. Hayes was underr contract, injured his back, attempted to re-hab and when that failed had late surgery that prevented him from starting the season. He was subpar upon his return.

Perhaps an argument for finding a new "thumper" last offseason, but in the uncapped year there was a dirth of FA's of any real quality available. We had to make do with LENON.

Bradley's injury is two years old, and as said, he must have a clean neurological assessment or he simply wouldn't be allowed to play, let alone get a new agreement.

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

PaulCalvisi

Adrian Wilson Update: Multiple sources tell me non-surgical option exists where AW could rehab & still play most of season. Wait til tmrw

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

You are going to regret these comments at the end of the year. He's that good.

I'll go as far as to say he'll have the most impact of any other FA we brought in and maybe in the NFCW.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for Wilson, no official word has been announced yet. That is expected Monday, when coach Ken Whisenhunt addresses the media at lunchtime. KTAR’s Paul Calvisi reported on Twitter that Wilson might have an option of trying to rehab and then playing most of the season. Again, we will see.

Kicker Kay Feely tweeted last night, “If anyone can come back from a serious injury it would be @adrian_wilson24. The man is a machine.”

Wilson himself tweeted out a message too. From yesterday, “Cardinal Fans just be patient and believe in the impossible.. #teamwilson I will never give up on this TEAM ever!!!”
http://blog.azcardinals.com/

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, having seen Bradley play, I have no problem with the signing. And, by the way. your reference to Hayes is a bit off. Hayes was underr contract, injured his back, attempted to re-hab and when that failed had late surgery that prevented him from starting the season. He was subpar upon his return.

Perhaps an argument for finding a new "thumper" last offseason, but in the uncapped year there was a dirth of FA's of any real quality available. We had to make do with LENON.

this is complete BS. You yourself were sure that Lenon was brought in as nothing more than a STer/depth player. he was cheap and that's what we like... and still like apparently, as the team still has gaping holes on the squad as it sits 15 million dollars under the cap.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are going to regret these comments at the end of the year. He's that good.

uh... why I would i regret those comments if he's good... that just means he's GOOD. I care could less if i'm wrong. i ain't that vain.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
this is complete BS. You yourself were sure that Lenon was brought in as nothing more than a STer/depth player. he was cheap and that's what we like... and still like apparently, as the team still has gaping holes on the squad as it sits 15 million dollars under the cap.

???

Don't know where you're going with this...

Lenon was suppose to be part of a tandem with Foote, who took a Pitt offer, that added depth to our LB corps. He got pressed into full time service when Hayes couldn't make it back for the commencement of the season.

As for gaping holes...? let's wait for actual play, and what the FO's does between now and then.

P.S. Every team would rather pay less than more. Not a Card phenomena.