Adrian Wilson injured

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feely just tweet that 'if anyone can come back from serious injury then A-dub can'. Sounds like he is goosed to me. Damn it!

I hope AW isn't listening to comments like this one. If it's a torn biceps tendon he probably could come back in 6 weeks but it would be the wrong decision. To come back that quickly would mean he'd have to forego surgery. That is an option and in fact it's often the way they go with older people or really anyone that doesn't need to return to full strength but there's no correcting it later.

Steve

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
LOVE Adrian Wilson, he is the first defensive jersey I bought BUT dude cant cover a cow. Perhaps, somebody could step up that can hit hard AND cover. Sure he is a leader on D BUT our D has sucked bad. Maybe its time for someone else to step up. Adversity breads leadership, someone is waiting in the wings. We will be OK. I will still wear his jersey to every game, until Kolb proves me wrong and I buy a #4.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Atari Bigby is still available as is Roy Williams... We need experienced SS to fill role if he is lost for year.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
didn't Ray Leiws play part of a season with a torn bicep?

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
My optimism for the season has been taken away. We have been on of the worst defenses the past two years and we are now worse. Doesn't help we did nothing to improve the defense this offseason.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I think getting Bradley at LB is a bigger addition than most suspect

I think the FO already has him in as the starter but who knows what you could get from him. I think we should be on the phone with philly about samuel we need some defensive help bad.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My optimism for the season has been taken away. We have been on of the worst defenses the past two years and we are now worse. Doesn't help we did nothing to improve the defense this offseason.

Nothing?

The draft:
Peterson CB
Acho OLB
Sturdivant ILB
David Carter DE

Peterson, Acho, Sturdivant all rated in top 75 prospects according to Scout Inc.

Free Agency (new additions)
Nick Eason DE/DT
Stewart Bradley ILB
Richard Marshall CB
Vonnie Holiday DE (trade)

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Nothing?

The draft:
Peterson CB---for this year cant expect more than what DRC brought, next year we could see something more special
Acho OLB---who knows what he will bring he will be situational
Sturdivant ILB--- I think he could be great but to expect that this year when he wont be in there that much is hard
David Carter DE---really? lucky to see 10 snaps a game

Peterson, Acho, Sturdivant all rated in top 75 prospects according to Scout Inc.

Free Agency (new additions)
Nick Eason DE/DT---on any other team hes a situational backup, here he will be the starter which isnt good
Stewart Bradley ILB----How can anyone say this is an upgrade with the injuries cant expect him to play a full season or be great when he does play.
Richard Marshall CB--burn central check these burn rate stats 71.3%, 72 burns on 101 targets, 765 yards, 5 TD, 7 passes defensed, which btw ranks among the bottom 5 in the NFL
Vonnie Holiday DE-dude might retire before the season starts nothing of substance is in the tank. (trade)

In conclusion, no this team has not added anybody that can make me say this defense will be better than last years and IMO they wont be esp if we have RJ or Ware as the starting SS. I wouldnt be surprised if they allow close to 24ppg. I love the offense and we will put up a ton of points but im scared about how bad this defense will be. Our only chance is if hortons system can somehow hide all the weaknesses and we get some unexpected production from a couple guys.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone who says Stewart Bradley isn't a massive improvement over Paris Lenon and Gerald Hayes at TED LB is wrong. Bradley isn't fit to play 3 downs since he can't cover but he is a great downhill run stopper.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Anyone who says Stewart Bradley isn't a massive improvement over Paris Lenon and Gerald Hayes at TED LB is wrong. Bradley isn't fit to play 3 downs since he can't cover but he is a great downhill run stopper.

I dont know how you can say that, he only had one good year in 2008 with 108 tackles with 8 of those for a loss. Has never had more than one sack in a year and forced 1 fumble in his career. So what exactly has he shown where you can say he is going to improve this defense esp coming off of a bad concussion. I would be surprised if he stays healthy all year. Im not saying Lenon is great or anything but he has had three better years than bradleys best including last year.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I dont know how you can say that, he only had one good year in 2008 with 108 tackles with 8 of those for a loss. Has never had more than one sack in a year and forced 1 fumble in his career. So what exactly has he shown where you can say he is going to improve this defense esp coming off of a bad concussion. I would be surprised if he stays healthy all year. Im not saying Lenon is great or anything but he has had three better years than bradleys best including last year.

They didn't invest in a 5-year deal in Bradley without confidence, greater than yours, that a 260lb SILB would in fact improve the run "D".

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
They didn't invest in a 5-year deal in Bradley without confidence, greater than yours, that a 260lb SILB would in fact improve the run "D".

Really your gonna use the in RG and Whis we trust arguement? If your basing your confidence off of decisions this organization has made you are going to be dissapointed. Who is the last person this team signed as a FA on the defensive side of the ball that has made a great impact or any impact for that matter? I guess it would have to berry which was some time ago.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Really your gonna use the in RG and Whis we trust arguement? If your basing your confidence off of decisions this organization has made you are going to be dissapointed. Who is the last person this team signed as a FA on the defensive side of the ball that has made a great impact or any impact for that matter? I guess it would have to berry which was some time ago.

I expect that their due deligence on this matter was at least as extensive as yours. My own, was a number of games prior to his leg injury, now healed, and I noted a athletic, violent MLB who plugged holes. In other words; what Lenon is not.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
No way he comes back in any shape to be the difference maker we needed. Will he even be able to wrap up and tackle someone? We will probably be fed this line: "He wanted to come back and play this year but we had to stop him. We have to look at the players long term future."

Of course a one armed A-Dub is better than half the safeties in the league. Not like he ever used his arms in pass coverage anyways.

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
No way he comes back in any shape to be the difference maker we needed. Will he even be able to wrap up and tackle someone? We will probably be fed this line: "He wanted to come back and play this year but we had to stop him. We have to look at the players long term future."

Of course a one armed A-Dub is better than half the safeties in the league. Not like he ever used his arms in pass coverage anyways.
I know most of board feels this way right now but fact is Adrian Wilson was a liability last year (injured or not). Ill miss the guy, sure, but he's starting to show his age. Two seasons in a row, at the start of the season (last year week one) he's injured. He's 32 years old. I wish to hell he can play but if not, this is not the end of the world a lot are making this out to be. Kerry Rhodes was the best player in the secondary last season and he's still out there.

And that wasn't directed at you, board in general.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I tore my biceps tendon (complete tear) 5 years ago playing racquetball. Since my lifestyle didn't necessitate surgery, we just let it heal. I was given clearance to do whatever I wanted (within my pain threshold) not long after the swelling went down. There is a noticeable loss of strength but it's not incapacitating by any means and it's really only apparent with certain movements (anything involving supination). Adrian's a pretty strong guy so he could probably function out there with a 30% loss in that bicep but I still think it would be a bad idea to do anything other than surgically repair it.

Steve

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Didn't the Cards have another player with a torn bicep injury a few years ago?

Simply can't remember who it was but I think it was an offensive lineman maybe.