06: "Armageddon It"
07: "Gods Of War"
08: "Don't Shoot Shotgun"
09: "Run Riot"
10: "Hysteria"
11: "Excitable"
12: "Love And Affection"

You must be registered for see images attach

Has it already been nearly 17-years that "Hysteria" was released? Doesn't it seem like yesterday when any one of us sat down and listened to this album for the first time. I think I was in either the 4th or 5th grade when I first heard "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and let's say they never ceased to amaze me how much better the songs got after they were each released.

"Rocket", Armageddon It", "Animal", and "Hysteria" along with the aforementioned "Pour Some Sugar On Me" definitely deserved all the recognition and accolades that it received... To me the one stand-out is "Love Bites", which conveys heartbreak perfectly.... It's still complex to really deem whether "Hysteria" or "Pyromania" was their best album and it appears they'll never replicate that success..... But to me they were definitely among the top-10 best bands of the 80s......

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Def Leppard was the Shania Twain of the eighties....see Robert John, Mutt, Lange.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another good pick - I remember the day that I bought this album when it first was released. It's amazing what memories and emotions music recalls in you. I bought this album and Andrew Dice Clay's "The Day The Laughter Died" on the same day. I remember everything about that day as well - kind of surreal.

Shawn

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KingLouieLouieI think I was in either the 4th or 5th grade when I first heard "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and let's say they never ceased to amaze me how much better the songs got after they were each released. [/QUOTE said:
4th or 5th grade?? Anybody else suddenly feeling old? I was in college.

Anyways, good call. Very good album by maybe the top band of the 80's. It is amazing at the quality of music put out by DL over the years. They were so much better than alot of the fluff hairband goofballs that followed in their wake.

I would have to call Hysteria their best but Pyromania is a damn good album too.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
KingLouieLouieI think I was in either the 4th or 5th grade when I first heard "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and let's say they never ceased to amaze me how much better the songs got after they were each released. [/QUOTE said:
4th or 5th grade?? Anybody else suddenly feeling old? I was in college.

Anyways, good call. Very good album by maybe the top band of the 80's. It is amazing at the quality of music put out by DL over the years. They were so much better than alot of the fluff hairband goofballs that followed in their wake.

I would have to call Hysteria their best but Pyromania is a damn good album too.

You've succeeded in making me feel REALLY old! Dang, I was in college then too.

This album was anticipated for years since Pyromania was such a huge hit. Pour Some Sugar On Me hit the airwaves and I bought the album the minute it went on sale. It is still my all time favorite album and I still play it on a regular basis. Run Riot and Don't Shoot Shotgun have some great guitar riffs and solid beats. Excitable is a great song too.