alki smith

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
Whether it's the talent evaluation, the coaching, or both, something hasn't been working at the QB spot.

I'll freely admit I'm not a Geep Chryst fan. I'd have fired him this offseason if I was King For a Day.

I would have to agree that in the process, there is a flaw, though I think that it begins with talent evaluation.

If I were to evaluate Cards Qbs for the past like 7 years......

1) Jake: Weak arm, good scrambling ability (though not fast), can't read a defense whatsoever, not too bright.

2)Griesen: Average to below average arm, excitable, below average scrambling ability, nice guy but a lousy player.

3)Dave Brown: Bigger arm than Plummer/Griesen though not an elite arm, lacks mobility (statue), plays too conservatively.

4)Boomer: Getting too old, losing arm strength, tries to do too much with declining talent.

5)Kent Graham: Big strong Qb, lacks touch, nice runner in goalline and short yardage, gets too many passes batted down for someone so tall, another lousy QB.

6)McCown: Best athlete of the bunch by far, lacks polish, needs a lot of work, too excitable in the pocket, thinks too much, can't read a defense, a project.

7)Blake: Steady Eddy, a good scrambler, too many passes batted down, great deep ball, doesn't turn the ball over too much..

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by seesred
Smith may be released on Monday or Tuesday. This kid and he is a kid has a lot of the t word potential. I would bring him in for a lok see. As a second string behind Blake. He has experiance and has been very good at times. What doi you all think? Woth a shot?

GBR

OH PLEASE GAWD, NO!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by PortlandCardFan
Speekin of Strip clubs- Did you know that Portland has more Strip Clubs than any other city?

Per Capita (spelling???) that is.

Buck a$$ naked I tell ya... or in this case Butt a$$ naked.

i'm feelin' an ASFN roadtrip!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Re: Re: alki smith

Originally posted by jkf296
OH PLEASE GAWD, NO!

this is my "milk-snarffed-outta-my-nose-at-my-desk-at-work-post-of-the-day!"

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I didn't read anything

I did not read any of the posts in this thread. Just the topic.

NO. Waste of time, $, and thought. He is a bust. He should go play in Canada with Thomas Jones.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05