Alright guy's Prediction time: Cardinals vs. Seahawks

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
If Shipp and Arrington are in the backfield together then I think it opens a whole new dimension for the Cards. JJ goes out as a 3rd or 4th reciever. I think it could open up the Cards offense to finally have that explosive game.
But for some reason we are not that creative and we become too predictable. Warner will still have a good day with Boldin and Fitzgerald each scoring a TD.

If Berry and Okeafor are able to dominate, they'll finish with 4 sacks between them. The defense will still be vulnerable to the run and Alexander will finish the game with 150+ yards and 2 TDs. After the game Alexander will once again tell Cardinal players that he wants to play on their team next season.

Cards 23
Weecocks 21

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Seattle's running game keeps Berry and Okeafor from teeing off on Hasselbeck, and the Cardinals' miserable o-line makes the Seahawks' mediocre defense look better than they are. Warner is forced to throw 40-50 times--again--and gets pressured into enough mistakes to lose another tough one.

No blowout like week 1, but stilll an L. Seahawks 21, Cardinals 13. :(

WC

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
Was that not the case in the 38-0 shellacking two years ago in the desert? Aren't the Bears and Lions in the same division and know each other well? Did you see their game last week? Not trying to call you out but your logic doesn't hold water.

Anyhoo...

Seahawks 31
Cardinals 17
Just in case you're not aware of it, Dave McGinnis is no longer the coach of the Cardinals. The 2003 AZ Cardinals were the WORST team in Cardinal history (Including Chicago, St Louis & AZ). I know that because I've been a Cardinal fan for 45 yrs. They were one of the worst teams in NFL history for that matter. I will make like Joe Namath & GUARANTEE you that the Seahags do not win by a 42-6 margin. I personally think the Cardinals are a great pick this weekend getting 6.5 pts. Call my logic flawed, but I do know what I'm talking about.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
Warner should start. But, from one die hard cardinal fan to another, take it down a notch or two.

NEVER!!! *maniacal laughter*

:D

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If the Cards can keep it close into the fourth quarter, you know Hasselback, Holmgren, and the 'Hawks fans will melt down. That's their M.O.

Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Cards 23-17.

I think Hasselbeck is so inconsistent he's due for a bad game he opened with 3 picks, 0 picks last week, he's due for another TO game.

How is Hasselbeck inconsistent? You want to look at an inconsistent QB .. look at Warner..

If you didn't notice, the same Jaguars defense that gave Matt hell in the opener made Peyton Manning look bad too..

Hasselbeck won't even have to put it in the air more than 20 times this game, because Shaun Alexander will be the star of this game.. rushing for nearly 200.

Seahawks 30, Cards 14.

Reaction score
SeattleCard said:
you mean, Darrell 'I can't catch' Jackson?

He may have meant.. Darrell "I have less drops in two games this year than the entire Cards WR corps" Jackson too :)

The drops are not nearly as bad as they were last season - believe me.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
AlexanderFan37 said:
He may have meant.. Darrell "I have less drops in two games this year than the entire Cards WR corps" Jackson too :)

The drops are not nearly as bad as they were last season - believe me.

He has one fewer drop that the Cards' top 3 WRs combined. He has 1 more drop than either of the Cards' Top 2 WRs. How is this something to thump your chest over? "Our #1 WR drops fewer balls that your #3"? Good luck with that.

Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
The 'Hawks don't have anyone on their D-line, and their LBs are even worse. I can give the O-line a break for the past couple weeks (Lynch stinking up the Meadowlands in Week 1, Ross getting killed by a DE that he'd never seen anything like in Week 2), but if Bryce Fisher, Chartric Darby, Marcus Tubbs, and Grant 'The Rich Man's KVB' Winstom light up the O-line in Seattle, it's going to be bad.

Seattle fans stink; there's no homefield advantage...

I can't believe that I'm getting suckered in again...

Cards 24
Seahawks 18

There's nothing Holmgren hates doing more than rushing the ball. He handed Alexander the rock 28 times (!) against the ATL last week. Alexander hasn't had consecutive 100 yard games since early November of last year.

Wow.. I know you're a Cardinal fan, but give me a break man... mix in some research on your opponent please..

First of all.. its Wistrom, not Winstrom. No we don't have the pass rusher in Bertrand Berry that you do.. but you also don't have a Walter Jones that will basically make Berry a non factor. I won't come in here saying our DL is all world - but your offensive line is the line we are always able to bring the heat on. Why do you think Chike Okeafor was courted by you guys? Exactly.. because the 2 games against the Cards were the only ones he looked like Strahan in. I guess we should thank false start Leonard for that one :) Tubbs and Darby have been beasts on the line, Wistrom will make his usual plays all on effort, and Fisher is pretty much right up there in talent with Okeafor. Rocky Bernard could take advantage of the very suspect middle of your offensive line as well, just ask Mike Vick how much of a pain he was last week..

Our LB's are young... save for Jamie Sharper who has been a stud so far.. but they are coming along too. Lofa Tatupu has improved from the last preseason game on, and DD Lewis has always had the potential - just not the health. Oh and remember this name - Leroy Hill.. he can make some plays happen like your stud LB Karlos Dansby.

Our defense is not nearly as bad as it has been in recent years. And we're healthy right now, so I don't expect it to really slip much.

As for Holmgren running the ball... that would be valid if the Seahawks didn't run the ball 468 times last year... and for a 9-7 team thats not bad at all. Alexander also had 350+ carries last year, so we will hand the ball off to him, especially the way you guys blitz. The only reason why we passed so many times in Jacksonville was because of their sensational front four.. (Marcus Stroud and John Henderson will do that to a team)..

P.S. The Seahawks fans stink thing is HILARIOUS (going on the 18th straight sellout by the way)... when is the last time the Cards filled their stadium? Probably when you played Dallas because all the Cowboy fans filled it up... Sun Devil Stadium is the closest thing to a neutral playing site for a regular season game in the NFL.

Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
He has one fewer drop that the Cards' top 3 WRs combined. He has 1 more drop than either of the Cards' Top 2 WRs. How is this something to thump your chest over? "Our #1 WR drops fewer balls that your #3"? Good luck with that.

You would have to be a Seahawk fan to truly appreciate that stat :D

Our 3 top WR's have 1 drop between them... thats it. Jackson and Engram combined have 352 yards receiving.. your top two has accounted for only 54 yards more.. and I would say your duo is a lot more highly regarded than the Seahawks duo right?

So maybe our WR's aren't as bad as people think they are...

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I think our defense plays great and gets 7 off of a turnover, but the offense still sucks. Quan scores on a big play. We win 17-13, and Josh plays a couple of series because Warner takes a beating. On Monday morning there are 15 "Start Josh" threads on the AFSN. :p

SeahawkerSteve30

Seahawks Fanatic
Reaction score
wow..

Wow, quite a few delusional posters here. I've seen some things like..

"Don't worry, Seattle's D-Line and Linebackers suck"

Well so far we've racked up 6 sacks on mobile QB's Vick and Leftwich, and our two linebackers Jamie Sharper and Lofa Tatupu lead the team in tackles. We're much different on Defense from last year, some of you need to realize that.

also..

"They don't even have homefield advantage cause Seattle fans suck"

Yeah, I guess we didn't go 8-0 two years ago at home. Homefield advantage is non-existant for us.

Pshh.. what an ignorant statement.

Sorry to tell all of you, but Shaun will run wild for +100 yards and 2 TD's on you guys, and our D-Line will manhandle your pathetic O-Line putting constant pressure on the inconsistent Warner.

We cruise at home 31-14.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SeahawkerSteve30 said:
Wow, quite a few delusional posters here. I've seen some things like..

"Don't worry, Seattle's D-Line and Linebackers suck"

Well so far we've racked up 6 sacks on mobile QB's Vick and Leftwich, and our two linebackers Jamie Sharper and Lofa Tatupu lead the team in tackles. We're much different on Defense from last year, some of you need to realize that.

also..

"They don't even have homefield advantage cause Seattle fans suck"

Yeah, I guess we didn't go 8-0 two years ago at home. Homefield advantage is non-existant for us.

Pshh.. what an ignorant statement.

Sorry to tell all of you, but Shaun will run wild for +100 yards and 2 TD's on you guys, and our D-Line will manhandle your pathetic O-Line putting constant pressure on the inconsistent Warner.

We cruise at home 31-14.

Since when has Leftwhich been a mobile QB? :shrug:

Vick while mobile has always taken a lot of sacks.

I agree you guys win but no way by that margin Hags 30-24

SeahawkerSteve30

Seahawks Fanatic
Reaction score
Shane H said:

Whatever the case, 6 sacks in two games certainly doesn't agree with the "D-Line and linebackers suck" statement. And how come you ignored the other one, about Seahawk fans "Sucking" and how we don't really have a homefield advantage. Do you agree?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SeahawkerSteve30 said:
Whatever the case, 6 sacks in two games certainly doesn't agree with the "D-Line and linebackers suck" statement. And how come you ignored the other one, about Seahawk fans "Sucking" and how we don't really have a homefield advantage. Do you agree?

I ignored it becaue that post was made by someone other than me. No I dont agree. I like Seahawk fans.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shane H said:

Shane H:

Take some advise from Michael Corleone. NEVER, NEVER take sides against the family again. How dare you agree with some Seahag fan that comes onto OUR board that we will not win. Cardinals win this game!!!!!! Take it to the bank.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PACardsFan said:
Shane H:

Take some advise from Michael Corleone. NEVER, NEVER take sides against the family again. How dare you agree with some Seahag fan that comes onto OUR board that we will not win. Cardinals win this game!!!!!! Take it to the bank.

How dare I? You better warn the other 20+ plus CArdinal fans on here that picked the hags to win.

Sorry but we will be 0-3 come Sunday night.

We blew the games we should have won.

Last edited:

SeahawkerSteve30

Seahawks Fanatic
Reaction score
PACardsFan said:
Shane H:

"That comes onto OUR BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Are you offended that I'm here to talk football with you? Your always welcome to go to OUR BOARD, sorry for the caps...., at Seahawks.NET, you can tell us how the 2005-2006 NFC West Champion Arizona Cardinals are going to crush the puny Sea(Insert random insult thats been overused here)

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
SeahawkerSteve30 said:
"That comes onto OUR BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Are you offended that I'm here to talk football with you? Your always welcome to go to OUR BOARD, sorry for the caps...., at Seahawks.NET, you can tell us how the 2005-2006 NFC West Champion Arizona Cardinals are going to crush the puny Sea(Insert random insult thats been overused here)

Back off, we are just defending our team.

HawkManDan

Reaction score
Fact: Seahawks rank 12th in the NFL in overall defense(yes its early but you say they stink). They sure dont look like a bad defense.

Fact: Cardinals have lost 22 of the passed 23 road games.

Seahawks 28
Cards 6

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
HawkManDan said:
Fact: Seahawks rank 12th in the NFL in overall defense(yes its early but you say they stink). They sure dont look like a bad defense.

Fact: Cardinals have lost 22 of the passed 23 road games.

Seahawks 28
Cards 6

Fact: Dave McGinnis used to be our coach.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
HawkManDan said:
what has green done so far? not much better then mcginnis at this point

He's redecorated the lockerooms with really neat stuff.

The towels are also softer and fresher.

So there!!!!!!

HawkManDan

Reaction score
conraddobler said:
He's redecorated the lockerooms with really neat stuff.

The towels are also softer and fresher.

So there!!!!!!

i'll give you that

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
HawkManDan said:
i'll give you that

Fact: Seahawks are the NFL team that has gone the longest since winning a playoff game

Fact: Arizona outscored Seattle 46 - 41 last year while each team won a game at home (the only relevant streak due to it being the only two games Denny has played against Holmgren with these respective teams)

Fact: Matt Hasselback throws alot of INT's (see game in 04' Arizona) and our defense creates turnovers

In reality you have just as inept a history, as you guys cant even claim winning a championship in 48'. This is like the Clippers and the Hawks talking trash....

Saying all that our o-line will be playing better with more time together and that will be enough to win 28- 24.

I would be alot more confident if we had seen something in the last two years that would indicate we can win on the road though. I guess this would be as good a time as any to get the monkey off our back, and show everyone nationally that health and lack of cohesion were the two most vital factors in our team not meeting preseason expectations as of yet......

:koolaid: = The most intoxicating spirit of them all..........

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05