Amare on the block.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Seriously. It's just being out of position. There have been smaller and lesser guards who knew how to be pesty.

I really challenge you bro to just watch the next game and watch him "roam"

Don't mean to be an arse. But I don't think there's any denying it.

Let's agree to disagree. I've seen enough games this year. Nash's bball IQ is as high as ever. His confidence in the team and his coach are as low as ever. Hence the extra-bad results in defense and turnovers.

The guy is one of the smarter bball players in the league. He'd make a great coach someday if he was interested.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
My Proposal:

Atlanta Hawks

Incoming Players

Amare Stoudemire
Salary: $15,070,550 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 21.0 REB: 8.1 AST: 2.0 PER: 20.56

Outgoing Players: Ronald Murray, Marvin Williams, Josh Smith

Phoenix Suns

Incoming Players

Ronald Murray
Salary: $1,500,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 10.6 REB: 2.1 AST: 1.6 PER: 13.93

Marvin Williams
Salary: $5,636,142 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 13.8 REB: 6.5 AST: 1.4 PER: 16.17

Josh Smith
Salary: $10,000,000 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 16.2 REB: 7.6 AST: 2.6 PER: 17.50
Offer Matched When a team exercises the right of first refusal to keep a Restricted Free Agent cannot trade the player for 1 year without the player's consent. The player cannot be traded to the team that gave the offer sheet.

Outgoing Players: Amare Stoudemire

We may need to add more, but I would love this trade.

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
Number 1 is a given. Porter should have been fired after the last East Coast road-trip, if not sooner. Kerr's an idiot for not taking care of that now.

Since that doesn't appear to be happening, we have this fun chatter about what we can get for Amare in the next two weeks.

The only reason I am ok with trading Amare at this point (and I still think Porter should be out regardless) are the reports that he has made it clear he will not resign with the Suns in 2010.

If that is true, ship him now while we can get value for him. No junk trades like the Pau Gasol one - a good trade for young talent, draft picks and a vet with an expiring deal that can play this year with Nash, Shaq, Hill and JRich works fine.

Make a good, smart trade, and play out the year. Based on results do what is needed over the summer (trade the vets, fire Porter, fire Kerr, sell the team, whatever).

NBA teams can only take so much change mid-season and have a chance.

What about

1. Getting Rid of Porter
2. Moving Shaq to come off the bench so that we have 1 big rested @ all times? They don't seem to mesh together.
3. Trading Robin Lopez for a serviceable 4 or a 1

I think Amare is salvageable but he needs to regain some confidence.

Reaction score
Wonder you are my new favorite poster. You are one of the few to keep it real.

I just saw someone call Lou Admunson a cerebral player. Why? Because he goes for rebounds and fouls people?

Then someone called Barbosa a cerebral player... Amare is a better passer than Barbosa. I love Barbosa but there isnt anything cerebral about him. Its either open three or drive to the lane. No passing, no defense, no acknowledgment of the rest of the team.

Reaction score
Let's agree to disagree. I've seen enough games this year. Nash's bball IQ is as high as ever. His confidence in the team and his coach are as low as ever. Hence the extra-bad results in defense and turnovers.

The guy is one of the smarter bball players in the league. He'd make a great coach someday if he was interested.

Nash quit on the Suns as much as Amare has. You agree?

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
Wonder you are my new favorite poster. You are one of the few to keep it real.

I just saw someone call Lou Admunson a cerebral player. Why? Because he goes for rebounds and fouls people?

Then someone called Barbosa a cerebral player... Amare is a better passer than Barbosa. I love Barbosa but there isnt anything cerebral about him. Its either open three or drive to the lane. No passing, no defense, no acknowledgment of the rest of the team.

Ok I stretched very far with Sweet Lou and Babs. I didn't want the list to just have two guys on it.

Grant and J rich

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
What about

1. Getting Rid of Porter
2. Moving Shaq to come off the bench so that we have 1 big rested @ all times? They don't seem to mesh together.
3. Trading Robin Lopez for a serviceable 4 or a 1

I think Amare is salvageable but he needs to regain some confidence.

I'm down with all three, but I think Shaq would pout if not a starter, and not sure anyone trades a serviceable 4 or 1 for Robin Lopez right now.

Again, the real issue is if Amare has told mgmt he is opting-out in 2010 and not resigning. If he said that was the reality if they kept Porter, fine. Fire Porter and see how Amare plays out the year. But if he said that is the plan no matter who is the coach? Screw that - ship him.

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score

Agreed :) to disagree.
Rock on bro!

Reaction score
Ok I stretched very far with Sweet Lou and Babs. I didn't want the list to just have two guys on it.

Grant and J rich
How is J-rich cerebral? Not trying to hate on him but these guys you are listing as cerebral players is kinda ridiculous. We have 2 cerebral players on this team and one of them lacks the smart on the defensive end. I'm not calling everyone else stupid but you should be selective when calling a player cerebral.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Nash quit on the Suns as much as Amare has. You agree?

No. Both are frustrated, but responded differently. Amare just stands around and gives zero effort. Nash at least has been trying to make something happen. Not great results, obviously, but he's being more professional than Amare.

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
How is J-rich cerebral? Not trying to hate on him but these guys you are listing as cerebral players is kinda ridiculous. We have 2 cerebral players on this team and one of them lacks the smart on the defensive end. I'm not calling everyone else stupid but you should be selective when calling a player cerebral.

I know. Its really hard to find Cerebral players on the team. And I hate admitting that because I'm a huge Suns fan

Reality is Grant Hill
Can you think of any others?

The others are over generous stretches because they seem to give the same effort every game.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. Both are frustrated, but responded differently. Amare just stands around and gives zero effort. Nash at least has been trying to make something happen. Not great results, obviously, but he's being more professional than Amare.

I couldn't disagree with this more. Amare's problem is not effort. Amare's problem is basketball IQ and ability to be consistent. Saying Amare can play better defense and rebound on a consistent basis and is just not doing it out of choice if giving him too much credit.

Reaction score
Nash has been trying to make something happen because he has the ball in his hands. Amare doesnt have that luxury because his job is to stand in the corner out of bounds while Shaq gets the ball. If you are talking about defensively I see a whole lot of standing around by the whole team.

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
I couldn't disagree with this more. Amare's problem is not effort. Amare's problem is basketball IQ and ability to be consistent. Saying Amare can play better defense and rebound on a consistent basis and is just not doing it out of choice if giving him too much credit.

You nailed it when you talk about Amare's non existent Baskeball IQ.

But he used to be an Alpha male on the court. Remember when he would block like three shots in a row underneath the basket and then rip down a board?

His traveling and charges have been off the hook this year.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score

EFFORT, is what all about.

Whatever reason. Whatever problem you have with the team, or the coach, or other players, or owner, or whoever! Whenever you set foot on court, you must give 100% effort. Because you are paid to do so!

Amare is the only one show significant lack of effort on court. That is exactly why he is on block.

Nash is still playing as hard as he can. There is no way to trade him before Amare.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Amare doesnt have that luxury because his job is to stand in the corner out of bounds while Shaq gets the ball.

Bull. Does Hill make that excuse?

Besides, Stoudemire doesn't put forth any effort even when he does have the ball now. It's clear to anyone who watches.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
My Proposal:

Atlanta Hawks

Incoming Players

Amare Stoudemire
Salary: $15,070,550 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 21.0 REB: 8.1 AST: 2.0 PER: 20.56

Outgoing Players: Ronald Murray, Marvin Williams, Josh Smith

Phoenix Suns

Incoming Players

Ronald Murray
Salary: $1,500,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 10.6 REB: 2.1 AST: 1.6 PER: 13.93

Marvin Williams
Salary: $5,636,142 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 13.8 REB: 6.5 AST: 1.4 PER: 16.17

Josh Smith
Salary: $10,000,000 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 16.2 REB: 7.6 AST: 2.6 PER: 17.50
Offer Matched When a team exercises the right of first refusal to keep a Restricted Free Agent cannot trade the player for 1 year without the player's consent. The player cannot be traded to the team that gave the offer sheet.

Outgoing Players: Amare Stoudemire

We may need to add more, but I would love this trade.

I'd love to get that deal, HOWEVER......Smith can't be traded till April (after the trade deadline) which means a deal can't be done till this summer. Amare will most likely be gone by then.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
I'm a Grizzlies fan. Would Lowry, Arthur, 2009 unprotected, Lakers 2010, 2011 unprotected work?

HooverDam

Reaction score
I'm a Grizzlies fan. Would Lowry, Arthur, 2009 unprotected, Lakers 2010, 2011 unprotected work?

Not even close on the salaries. Use ESPNs Trade Machine, itll tell you such things, or RealGM has one as well.

cly2tw

Reaction score

All you complain about Amare is in the past. DA is not a coach for real big man and Porter is Porter. To give up some a talent based on this is just damn, unless we get equal value in trade.

Reaction score
.Amare and Tucker / Troy Murphy and Tinsley.

.or

.Amare/Barnes/Lopez for Vince Carter and Eduardo Najera.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05