Amare on the block.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
More specifically, it was that D'Antoni had so little interest in defense that he didn't even recognize what the Suns needed in order to play it reasonably well.

Why do people keep repeating this? It's not that he had little interest in defense - obviously DA knew his personnel and how to mask their deficiencies.

If you read the book SSOL, he was always talking about their defense but knew he didn't have the horses.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Spoken like a true opposing fan. The guy, and it's David Lord not Fisher, is credible. Always has been, doesn't matter if you believe it or not, but he's broken a number of stories well before anyone else has. So can being a whinny baby if you want. . . . but have some class about it.

Have some class about being a whinny baby?

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
The Suns offered Miami Stoudemire for Beasley and Marion but Miami turned it down.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Who seriously believes that...

Beasley really hasn't fullfilled the expectations.. and is definately shorter than Amare, more of a tweener than a true PF. This would be the worst trade in Suns history.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns offered Miami Stoudemire for Beasley and Marion but Miami turned it down.

No way. No way the Suns offer Amare for basically the same player. Beasley is a poor defender who underachieves on the boards. Plus, the Suns would not want Marion back after the way he acted before his trade.

Not to mention, word out of Miami was that Miami has called the Suns about Amare. Pat Riley tried to trade out of the #2 spot versus tak Beasley.

Total BS.

Why do people keep repeating this? It's not that he had little interest in defense - obviously DA knew his personnel and how to mask their deficiencies.

If you read the book SSOL, he was always talking about their defense but knew he didn't have the horses.

The problem with that thinking is look what he has done in New York. He has traded away some of his best defensive players for the sake of scoring. He has also indicated that he is not done and is dangled more of his defensive players out there.

Now factor in that D'Antoni in one year has caused the Knicks to go from 12th worst defense in the NBA to 4th worst in the NBA in one season????

That to me doesn't say "defense is a priority".

Last edited:

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score

AceP

Registered
Reaction score

I don't think Kerr would call Pat Riley to ask for Marion. He just traded him away! No way. Source said Miami called to ask what Kerr want in return for Amare.

By all means, Marion return to Phoenix is too much a joke. Let's forget about it.

Amare for Haslem + Beasley might be a decent deal. But Pat Riley might only offer Blount + Beasley. That's unacceptable.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
None of this makes any sense..

Whats the point of trading Amare for like Aldridge?

Get a much worse, less talented player in return to build around, that will have to be extended soon also and get near max offers?

That makes a lot of sense really..

The Suns need to get rid of the other crap on the roster and rebuild again around Amare because they will not get a piece just nearly as good as Amare in return to build around.

A trade with Portland would have to include Aldridge, Bayless at the very least.

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
No way. No way the Suns offer Amare for basically the same player. Beasley is a poor defender who underachieves on the boards. Plus, the Suns would not want Marion back after the way he acted before his trade.

Not to mention, word out of Miami was that Miami has called the Suns about Amare. Pat Riley tried to trade out of the #2 spot versus tak Beasley.

Total BS.

The problem with that thinking is look what he has done in New York. He has traded away some of his best defensive players for the sake of scoring. He has also indicated that he is not done and is dangled more of his defensive players out there.

Now factor in that D'Antoni in one year has caused the Knicks to go from 12th worst defense in the NBA to 4th worst in the NBA in one season????

That to me doesn't say "defense is a priority".

No it wasn't ******** lol. There's a guy on another forum who is on the "inside" so to speak that has gotten the Shaq trade and Richardson both correct the day before they both came out.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Yet the Suns' phones figure to ring plenty as the deadline draws near, with Phoenix expected to consider any deal that doesn't involve Steve Nash as long as its roster and payroll objectives are met. The Suns have made it quite clear that Nash is not available, as slammed home by Ric Bucher in the latest edition of ESPN The Magazine, but no longer does Stoudemire have the same long-held status, reflecting the depths of the organization's frustration with the team's downward spiral since last season's humbling first-round exit to San Antonio.

Just to remind you guys. If we hold on to Nash, it means NO TOTAL REBUILD. The trade we are trying to do is one last attempt to save this season, save Nash's last chance for a ring.

Despite all these rumors, I suspect Kerr will eventually pull the trigger on a deal with impact role player and high draft pick.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No it wasn't ******** lol. There's a guy on another forum who is on the "inside" so to speak that has gotten the Shaq trade and Richardson both correct the day before they both came out.

And we know that guys posting in forums are always reliable. Please.....I don't care if the guy predicted the coming of LeBron James while he was in diapers. It defies logic.

Pat Riley never wanted Beasley. He was desperately trying to trade out of the #2. He has been looking for a scorer (ie. Barbs). If he could trade Beasley for the same player in Amare and get Barbs...he pulls the trigger. Also, there is no way the Suns make that trade and bring back Marion (who they considered a malcontent at the end) and bring back another player like Amare. No way now how.

There is no way this franchise makes that trade or offers that. Kerr & Sarver would have to be the biggest idiots in basketball. Wait.....maybe it's all true. :D

Last edited:

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
Suns get Hedo turkoglu and Rashard lewis

Magic get Amare and Barbosa.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=469~862~2166~1727&teams=21~21~19~19&te=&cash=

or amare and other role players that arent as good as barbosa.

Amare for those two straight up is good enough but salaries wouldn't match so...

Suns Lineup

NASH
RICHARDSON
HEDO
LEWIS
SHAQ

Magic Lineup :D

Nelson
Barbosa
doesnt matter
PF STOUDEMIRE
C HOWARD

Sign me up for this one! Hedo and Lewis can ball.

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
And we know that guys posting in forums are always reliable. Please.....I don't care if the guy predicted the coming of LeBron James while he was in diapers. It defies logic.

Pat Riley never wanted Beasley. He was desperately trying to trade out of the #2. He has been looking for a scorer (ie. Barbs). If he could trade Beasley for the same player in Amare and get Barbs...he pulls the trigger. Also, there is no way the Suns make that trade and bring back Marion (who they considered a malcontent at the end) and bring back another player like Amare. No way now how.

There is no way this franchise makes that trade or offers that. Kerr & Sarver would have to be the biggest idiots in basketball. Wait.....maybe it's all true. :D

did i read this right or should i have gone to bed last night? Also this guy is legitimate. He isn't guessing he's knowing. It's on RealGM you can check it out.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
did i read this right or should i have gone to bed last night? Also this guy is legitimate. He isn't guessing he's knowing.

You read it right. Beasley is a poor defender. Amare is a poor defender. Beasley underachieves on the boards. Amare underachieves on the boards. They are both athletic. Similar players from that perspective. Although Amare is better then Beasley in just about every stat.

And I call BS. I have read some of his posts on RealGm before and he is not always right. It's much easier to get news about a completed trade that has been leaked, then try and be right about every possible trade scenario and offer.

Last edited:

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
You read it right. Beasley is a poor defender. Amare is a poor defender. Beasley underachieves on the boards. Amare underachieves on the boards. They are both athletic. Similar players from that perspective. Although Amare is better then Beasley in just about every stat.

And I call BS. I have read some of his posts on RealGm before and he is not always right.

So you just said that Beasley is the same player as Amare.

When you say player, you'd have to think in general overall.

Well I definitely think Beasley isn't near Amare and shouldn't even sit in the same sentence. He isn't even half of what amare is overall.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Just to remind you guys. If we hold on to Nash, it means NO TOTAL REBUILD. The trade we are trying to do is one last attempt to save this season, save Nash's last chance for a ring.

Despite all these rumors, I suspect Kerr will eventually pull the trigger on a deal with impact role player and high draft pick.

Save Nash's last chance by trading our only playoff performer and most talented player.. I see...

This is the major problem of this team, when we drafted Amare we should rebuild around him but the organization completely failed to do that and wanted too much too fast and kept acquiring egos and players that would hinder this process, now we are talking about saving Nash's last chance for a ring instead with a poorly constructed roster.

If this is their thinking the Suns have become a total joke of a franchise.

Last edited:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

If this post is referring to DBDynasty over at RealGM, he's actually very accurate most of the time. I know it defies logic, but he seems to have a pretty legit source close to the organization.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you just said that Beasley is the same player as Amare.

When you say player, you'd have to think in general overall.

Well I definitely think Beasley isn't near Amare and shouldn't even sit in the same sentence. He isn't even half of what amare is overall.

I get you but I have also been approaching this trade from the perspective that we need to improve from a defensive and rebounding perspective. Our 2 biggest needs. From that perspective, we would be getting a poor defending, underachieving rebounding PF. That at least sounds familar.

Honestly, the 2 worst trade scenarios I have heard are this one and the one for LaMarcus Aldridge. If the Suns take on a crap or similar PF in return for Amare, they better get one hell of a 2nd player somewhere in that trade.

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
Save Nash's last chance by trading our only playoff performer and most talented player.. I see...

This is the major problem of this team, when we drafted Amare we should rebuild around him but the organization completely failed to do that and wanted too much too fast and kept acquiring egos and players that would hinder this process, now we are talking about saving Nash's last chance for a ring instead with a poorly constructed roster.

If this is their thinking the Suns have become a total joke of a franchise.

I don't think it was too much too fast. They were right there for awhile, in fact 2 of the last 3 championship teams went much faster than the Suns. Some luck went the other way, some injuries happened, and then to top it off the Spurs.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
And look where it lead us, this team has NO future right now at all. Our only piece to build around is Amare, the rest is worthless or old as dirt, Barbosa being the lone exception.
Amare hasn't become the face of the franchise or team because they signed Nash and marketed Nash as the face of the franchis or the media did.

They should have just accepted rebuilding, but they can't for some reason. Our organization thinks they must be in the playoffs every year. Look at Boston, that is what we should have done.

Suck a few years, develop Amare as the man and acquire a ton of young talent during this process.

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
did i read this right or should i have gone to bed last night? Also this guy is legitimate. He isn't guessing he's knowing. It's on RealGM you can check it out.

The guy from RealGm appears to be legit but you are misquoting him. He said:

Re: Suns put Amare on Trade Block

You must be registered for see images
by dbdynsty25 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:27 pm
Riley called today too. So Heat are inquiring. Better bring back Beasley. I'd think the heat would do that in a second, tho I don't know what expirings they have since the salaries would be terrible. Maybe Shawn I guess.
The only thing he stated was that Riley called. The rest was pure speculation. He even verifies it when a poster asks him.

Re: Suns put Amare on Trade Block

You must be registered for see images
by BurningHeart on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:36 pm
DB, was Beasley your own speculation?

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
And look where it lead us, this team has NO future right now at all. Our only piece to build around is Amare, the rest is worthless or old as dirt, Barbosa being the lone exception.

I don't have a problem with rebuilding with Amare right now. But when Nash was still considered in his prime until last year, it wasn't a mistake to do what they did for awhile there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05