Antrel Rolle

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
It seems like on half the plays Rolle is involved in he gets a flag. I thought the holding was a BS call but he certainly has that reputation.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rolle is a weak CB and needs to be replaced. Just another long list in the big dissapointements in the draft. I dont care whether its first full season or not. A guy should make a play every now and again and he just doesnt.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A guy should make a play every now and again and he just doesnt.
He does, though. The haters don't see them for some reason. For example, he punched a ball loose this afternoon.

I agree he's a disappointment as a first-round pick, but I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Rolle is a weak CB and needs to be replaced. Just another long list in the big dissapointements in the draft. I dont care whether its first full season or not. A guy should make a play every now and again and he just doesnt.

Get Clements in FA if for nothing else depth. FS is the biggest priority right now.

Every single big pass play by the Seattle offense were with WRs that our FS was supposed to be covering.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score

To his credit, he had a nice strip and some good tackles but plays like dropping that pick last week at the end of the game and dropping the pick six against Dallas are inexcusable.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I agree.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
He does, though. The haters don't see them for some reason. For example, he punched a ball loose this afternoon.

I agree he's a disappointment as a first-round pick, but I'm not ready to give up on him yet.
But the plays he make are very few and rare compared to big plays he give up and stupid penalties.... I don't HATE him or have anything against him... He has just been a big disappointment.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
But the plays he make are very few and rare compared to big plays he give up and stupid penalties.... I don't HATE him or have anything against him... He has just been a big disappointment.

A large determining factor in that is our lack of a pass rush. I don't care if its Deion Sanders in his prime back there, you can't give the QB eternity and expect to make a stop

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
A large determining factor in that is our lack of a pass rush. I don't care if its Deion Sanders in his prime back there, you can't give the QB eternity and expect to make a stop
You have a point... but the penalties need to go...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Huge disappointment. How anyone can say that this guy can be close to what we expected him to be when we drafted him is beyond me. Disasterous draft pick. When teams choose to pick on him, he's the utter movable object. Darrell Jackson was his assignment on the TD pass, and he wasn't even a factor.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I thought he looked better today than he has all year. He put some tough hits on the opposition and had 4 tackles including helping knock a ball loose. This guy still does not seem to have CB speed but looks more like a strong safety to me.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I thought he looked better today than he has all year. He put some tough hits on the opposition and had 4 tackles including helping knock a ball loose. This guy still does not seem to have CB speed but looks more like a strong safety to me.

He may be passable for a couple years as a CB or even longer if he get's experience but more importantly he'll need to show everyone he got what speed he has fully back next year.

I give him a bit of a pass on it the first year back after his surgery.

Next year if this continues you have to make him a safety or toss him.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes, he makes a good deal of plays, and stops a lot of potential firsts with great tackling. He's being put in a bad spot...he needs to play bump and run and he will excel in that role. (no pun intended).

I like Rolle, and in the right scheme, he could be a strong number one. He'd be a lights out number two in THIS scheme, which sucks for him.

But laying it all out, there aren't very many GOOD corners in the NFL. Corners are definitely not a dime a dozen....and average ones like Antrel are worth more than people are giving him credit for. And he's playing average in a scheme that puts him in a position to lose, not a position to win.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Dansby got the original hit, Rolle forced the fumble

Hey, I'm not trying be a jerk or anything, but Dansby was the first to get the SF receiver. He reached his hand in and knocked it lose. Another big play by Dansby.

Rolle made sure battle didn't reel it back in, but clearly, Dansby forced the fumble.

The official stat sheet is wrong.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
20 games played

11 passes defended
2 int's including the gift today.

Not that impressive, need to give him at least one more year at CB though IMO. still think he ends up at safety soon.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20 games played

11 passes defended
2 int's including the gift today.

Not that impressive, need to give him at least one more year at CB though IMO. still think he ends up at safety soon.

Meh, passes defended is a stupid stat. Champ Bailey, arguably the best CB in the NFL has the following passes defensed numbers:

Pass Def
1999 Washington Redskins 12
2000 Washington Redskins 10
2001 Washington Redskins 14
2002 Washington Redskins 19
2003 Washington Redskins 7
2004 Denver Broncos 9
2005 Denver Broncos 15
2006 Denver Broncos 11

I'm more concerned with Rolle not having INTs and getting PI's...but if he were being used the way he should be (bump and run, physical contact up front and then defend) he wouldn't be having PIs as much, and he'd probably be in better position to get INTs. It's kind of tough to get INTs when you are playing 10 yards off and the ball is thrown in front of you. The scheme is completely wrong for him.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Meh, passes defended is a stupid stat. Champ Bailey, arguably the best CB in the NFL has the following passes defensed numbers:

Pass Def
1999 Washington Redskins 12
2000 Washington Redskins 10
2001 Washington Redskins 14
2002 Washington Redskins 19
2003 Washington Redskins 7
2004 Denver Broncos 9
2005 Denver Broncos 15
2006 Denver Broncos 11

I'm more concerned with Rolle not having INTs and getting PI's...but if he were being used the way he should be (bump and run, physical contact up front and then defend) he wouldn't be having PIs as much, and he'd probably be in better position to get INTs. It's kind of tough to get INTs when you are playing 10 yards off and the ball is thrown in front of you. The scheme is completely wrong for him.

Have you seen him in bump and run???

There is a reason they have him 10 yards of the WR.