maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
http://www.theredzone.org/team_value.asp

Based Upon 2001 Season. All Values in Millions

Value

Look at the link.,.....messy MaArvin here.....

Rank Team Current Worth 1 1 Year Change Annualized Change 2 Debt Value 3 Revenues Operating Income 4
1 Washington Redskins $854 6% 4% 71% $204 $79.4
2 Dallas Cowboys $784 5% 14% 13% $189 $75.4
3 Cleveland Browns $618 3% 4% 16% $158 $16.4
4 Carolina Panthers $609 6% 13% 21% $152 $25.6
5 Baltimore Ravens $607 12% 13%/NA 25% $148 $34.8
6 Tampa Bay Buccaneers $607 4% 18% 23% $151 $31.4
7 Denver Broncos $604 12% 12% 33% $159 $11.3
8 New England Patriots $571 9% 17% 81% $136 $16.9
9 Pittsburgh Steelers $555 19% 20% 20% $142 $16.2
10 Miami Dolphins $553 9% 17% 36% $145 $8.9
11 Tennessee Titans $551 3% 26% 10% $141 $25.9
12 St. Louis Rams $544 22% 12% 7% $136 $25.6
13 Chicago Bears $540 49% 21% 37% $124 $12.4
14 Seattle Seahawks $534 22% 22% 24% $119 $7.5
15 Jacksonville Jaguars $522 4% 11% 21% $137 $27.0
16 Philadelphia Eagles $518 28% 14% 59% $120 $18.2
17 New York Giants $514 23% 20/12% 12% $134 $20.2
18 New York Jets $512 21% NA 20% $131 $16.5
19 Detroit Lions $509 20% 13% 39% $116 $7.7
20 Cincinnati Bengals $507 6% 12% 13% $130 $15.5
21 New Orleans Saints $481 30% 12% 21% $139 $29.6
22 Green Bay Packers $474 21% NA 4% $132 $2.7
23 San Francisco 49ers $463 11% 15% 16% $129 $20.3
24 Kansas City Chiefs $462 12% 26% 8% $138 $31.5
25 Buffalo Bills $458 16% 26% 15% $131 $29.4
26 San Diego Chargers $447 7% 11% 17% $131 $13.8
27 Minnesota Vikings $437 26% 15% 29% $123 $20.2
28 Oakland Raiders $421 20% 24% 8% $132 $14.5
29 Indianapolis Colts $419 26% 12% 21% $127 $18.7
30 Atlanta Falcons $407 20% NA 67% $120 $6.2
31 Arizona Cardinals $374 9% 14% 9% $110 $3.6

League Average $531 15%
16% 26% $138 $22.0

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope this is no surprise we are the only team without a stadium. The Bengals were right around there with us prior to there stadium being done.

I read that once the stadium is finalized and built our value will automatically jump to between 500 and 600 million!

pinnacle

Reaction score
personally...I feel these values are not what someone would pay... Lets say the redskins and the cardinals were both for sale. Would someone pay 2.5 times more for a team that probably had less upside from a revenue standpoint (redskins)? probably not.. Someone would look at the cardinals and go..

1. new stadium = more revenues (concessions, keep more luxury suite income, etc.)

2. We could improve the product over the current owner = way more revenue.

3. in one of the fastest growing (but currently oversaturated) markets in the country..

so.. the gap between the cardinals would be way smaller than the others..if for no other reason because someone thinks they could fix the current mess and we have a new stadium coming that will increase revenues..my $.02...it is worth what you paid!

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
Nope this is no surprise we are the only team without a stadium. The Bengals were right around there with us prior to there stadium being done.

I read that once the stadium is finalized and built our value will automatically jump to between 500 and 600 million!

Our value will only change when we put fans in the seats. If we continue to lose we will continue to be the worst draw in the NFL.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinnacle
personally...I feel these values are not what someone would pay... Lets say the redskins and the cardinals were both for sale. Would someone pay 2.5 times more for a team that probably had less upside from a revenue standpoint (redskins)? probably not.. Someone would look at the cardinals and go..

1. new stadium = more revenues (concessions, keep more luxury suite income, etc.)

2. We could improve the product over the current owner = way more revenue.

3. in one of the fastest growing (but currently oversaturated) markets in the country..

so.. the gap between the cardinals would be way smaller than the others..if for no other reason because someone thinks they could fix the current mess and we have a new stadium coming that will increase revenues..my $.02...it is worth what you paid!

Businesses are normally bought on current and recent income and cash flow not on what might be or potential.

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by john h
Our value will only change when we put fans in the seats. If we continue to lose we will continue to be the worst draw in the NFL.

The value of this team will go up, dramatically, the day the new facility opens.

pinnacle

Reaction score
quote:

Businesses are normally bought on current and recent income and cash flow not on what might be or potential.

actually...I have financed and purchased companies out of bankruptcy that were losing tons of money..new buyers usually think they can do better..depends on what you are buying.. with the cardinals..I guarantee someone would think they could do way better than the bidwills..

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone notice the debt by some of these teams. (I'm not making a correlation to winning or anything)

Some of theses teams like the redskins maybe worth $851 million but there debt is 71% of their value. Which mean if he sold the team, he would get about $240 million in cash after debts or about $110 million less than the cards, a team with $94 million of less revenue per year, and no stadium (as of right now).

71% isn't even the highest, patriots at 81%, falcons at 67%, eagles 59%, broncos, dolphins, bears, lions in the mid to high 30%'s

Looks like if danny wants to make any money he'll have to wait until the team is worth 1.5 bill.

Thats pretty crappy when you consider he rakes in $204 mill a season.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by WizardOfAz
The value of this team will go up, dramatically, the day the new facility opens.

I disagree if the Cards are still losing alot and only drawing 22,000 per game. Sure, the concessions amount will rise and they get the naming rights, but how teams capitalize on these "new revenue streams" is by filling up the stadium, so all those people spend money on drinks and food. The Cards only get money during their games and not whenever an event is held at the facility. They have minimum 10 chances to make money so filling every seat is important...unless Bidwill can figure out how to schedule the Packers, Bears, Cowboys and Raiders every single year.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by CardsFan88
Did anyone notice the debt by some of these teams. (I'm not making a correlation to winning or anything)

Some of theses teams like the redskins maybe worth $851 million but there debt is 71% of their value. Which mean if he sold the team, he would get about $240 million in cash after debts or about $110 million less than the cards, a team with $94 million of less revenue per year, and no stadium (as of right now).

71% isn't even the highest, patriots at 81%, falcons at 67%, eagles 59%, broncos, dolphins, bears, lions in the mid to high 30%'s

Looks like if danny wants to make any money he'll have to wait until the team is worth 1.5 bill.

Thats pretty crappy when you consider he rakes in $204 mill a season.

Looking or trying to determine the value of these these teams takes a lot of information. Debt can have many tax advantages and you really cannot establish a value by subtracting the debt from the net worth. Cash flow is king and is a must. The worth of these teams in the higher echelon have tremondous cash flows whereas the Cardinals have very little cash flow due to poor attendance lack of owning a stadium, selling goodies, etc. The Cowboys were for a long time the most valuable franchise around as Jerry Jones owned the stadium and they were Americas Team and had all sorts of cash flow from many sources. Many of these teams have been sold several times and when an ower sells he does not have nearly the capital gains tax the Bidwills will pay as they may have only a base of a few million dollars investment in the Franchise whereas Jerry Jones may have $300-$400 million dollars. Anyone buying the Cardinals might have a chance for some great capital gains because they are so worthless if you committed a lot of money to winning you have great room to increase the value of the franchise. You would have to be very rich and willing to commit several years or more to turn the franchise around and even then we are in such a hole it will be very tough as you can only spend so much on players and no more than anyone else. In baseball you can buy a pennant on one year like Wayne Huzengia with Florida a few years ago. He simply went out and bought every great FA available in one year and won it all. He also lost a fortune because the attendance would not support his spending. The Yankess have unbelievable revenues from the local TV market, own the stadium, have a winning tradition and can outspend anyone and still make money.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
I disagree if the Cards are still losing alot and only drawing 22,000 per game. Sure, the concessions amount will rise and they get the naming rights, but how teams capitalize on these "new revenue streams" is by filling up the stadium, so all those people spend money on drinks and food. The Cards only get money during their games and not whenever an event is held at the facility. They have minimum 10 chances to make money so filling every seat is important...unless Bidwill can figure out how to schedule the Packers, Bears, Cowboys and Raiders every single year.

It is a known fact that the value of this team will go up tremendously the day the new facility opens. Many experts have said so. They automatically are the owners of a 300+ million dollar multi-purpose stadium which will draw a lot more revenue than from just football!

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They automatically are the owners of a 300+ million dollar multi-purpose stadium which will draw a lot more revenue than from just football!

Shane,

Are you implying that the Cards will get revenue year round from the stadium? I do not think that is accurate. Plus, I do not think the Bidwills will own the stadium. I don't know who will. My guess is the TSA.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RedStorm
Shane,

Are you implying that the Cards will get revenue year round from the stadium? I do not think that is accurate. Plus, I do not think the Bidwills will own the stadium. I don't know who will. My guess is the TSA.

Yes thats what Im implying. unless Iam wrong and feel free to correct me if that is the case. But werent the Cardinals to be the owners of this stadium thats one reason they are throwing in 85 million dollars of there own money???

Consequently when you invest almost 1/3 of the building cost wouldnt you be entitled to year round profits stemming from its use whether you owned it or not???

piratefan

Pittsburgh Native
Reaction score
I've always believed that once the new stadium is completed, Bidwill will sell the team. At a projected $600 million sell, he stands to take in $225 million more than the teams current value. Not a bad bit of pocket change to pass on to his kids. I can understand the business sense, but I don't like that we've been basically held hostage till he got what he wanted, and money is what he's always wanted.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It is a known fact that the value of this team will go up tremendously the day the new facility opens. Many experts have said so. They automatically are the owners of a 300+ million dollar multi-purpose stadium which will draw a lot more revenue than from just football!

I think nothing is automatic. Put yourself in a buyers shoes. Just because a new stadium is opening does not gurantee anything except some increased patrons for a short while. If you do not start winning they will stop coming and you are where you were before only maybe worse in that you have invested whatever the Bidwills put into this stadium. We do not only fail to win we are not even competitive. You can not draw fans when you are out of the race after 7 weeks. I do not know what sort of Lease Bidwill has to sign but his expenses are immediately going up and will be lucky if increased revenue will match those expenses unless he puts a competitive team on the field. New domes are not like Wrigley Field where people come just to see the history and enjoy a day in the park. Nothing replaces winning. "Build it and they will come" only works in the movies.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes thats what Im implying. unless Iam wrong and feel free to correct me if that is the case. But werent the Cardinals to be the owners of this stadium thats one reason they are throwing in 85 million dollars of there own money???

Consequently when you invest almost 1/3 of the building cost wouldnt you be entitled to year round profits stemming from its use whether you owned it or not???

85 million is not 1/3 of the cost. 1/3 would probably be somewhere around 120 mill.

However, I thought the were going to be the tenent for 10 sundays a year. The rest of the time the TSA was going to rent out the facillity to other parties. I am going to check on the TSA site.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane,

From the TSA website..

Our primary purpose is to design and finance the construction of the TSA/Arizona Cardinals' Multipurpose Facility to be built at a location to be determined. The TSA will also be the owner/operator of the multipurpose facility. The main users of the facility will be the Arizona Cardinals and one of college's premier post-season football events - The Fiesta Bowl.

The Cards will only be the primary users. I take that to be that they will only get the revenue generated during the times they are using it.

Also, was the Cards going to get reimbursed for their 85 mill they invest?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shane, the Cards don't own the stadium. They will be paying "rent" to play there 10 times per year...more if they make playoffs. The Cards get all the provisions of the deal on those dates plus I believe they do get all the naming rights $$ of the stadium. Any events other than Cards dates are rented out by the TSA. Those monies don't go to the Cards in any way.

The Cards were throwing in the money because it was the ONLY way for the proposition to get voted through. Had they ponied up nothing, the discussion would be where are they moving to, not when is groundbreaking.

So the way for the Cards to benefit is to get people in the seats (and get the Super Bowl here because I would presume they would "rent" the facility as hosts and benefit from the crowd) and those people have to spend $$$ at the games. As has been proven though, if they are fielding 5-11 teams, they will open a new stadium to small crowds. In this case, even the opening of the stadium won't do it all since local NFL fan interest is probably at an all time low...to get lower if nothing happens this offseason

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are right that they will benifit with more butts in seats, but they will also benifit from the new lease. They will get much more of revenue generated by other items like.

Advertising
Parking
Concsessions

This is significant $$