Anyone watching Jeremy Lin?

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Actually in name only. As I understand it, Blanks is supposed to find NBA talent that has not yet blossomed or undervalued. All I see for his efforts this season is Telfair, Price and Brown. Oh, I forgot, Aaron Brooks is still in China.
Wasn't Blanks a sports agent/lawyer? I've always wondered if a lawyer could evaluate NBA talent...:bang:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neither. I respect his game. He isn't a superstar like he's become in a week. I'd take him over the trash we roll out there off our bench any day.

Okay, I'm going to let you off the hook. Whether you know it or not, your position has gradually changed over the course of this conversation. It won't be long before you'll be sporting a Lin jersey. :) I have to admit, my position has gradually changed also. Watching him play in college, I never expected him to be more than a novelty bench player.

He may not become a superstar but I'm now convinced that he can start and play effectively in this league. It's too bad though that they can't undo the Melo trade as they gave up at least one player that would have been perfect playing alongside him. Unfortunately, Lin needs the ball to be effective and most of the Knicks players also need Lin to have the ball and that's going to clash with Melo who dominates the ball perhaps more than any non PG in this league.

Steve

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Checked the box score. Definitely pulling for the kid. It will be interesting when the two black holes return.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to let you off the hook. Whether you know it or not, your position has gradually changed over the course of this conversation. It won't be long before you'll be sporting a Lin jersey. :) I have to admit, my position has gradually changed also. Watching him play in college, I never expected him to be more than a novelty bench player.

He may not become a superstar but I'm now convinced that he can start and play effectively in this league. It's too bad though that they can't undo the Melo trade as they gave up at least one player that would have been perfect playing alongside him. Unfortunately, Lin needs the ball to be effective and most of the Knicks players also need Lin to have the ball and that's going to clash with Melo who dominates the ball perhaps more than any non PG in this league.

Steve

I don't know if its change, I like Lin, especially after seeing some truly garbage backups on the Suns for years. I just find this hoopla annoying. I always like underdog stories and if he can prove it in this league then by all means go for it. I just think people have made him the next Steve Nash after 4 games. It's just absurd. Whether that's changing and becoming a Lin fan or just being frank about it, it's up to you lol. Maybe because I live in NY and hear the hype on a daily basis. It could be getting to me. Anyway, I'm done!

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I wish people would start hyping up Gortat, who is truly one of the better centers in the league now after riding the bench for years behind Dwight Howard.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of the stats they are throwing up are historic. First since LeBron to have that high of points and assists in his first two starts. First since the merger in 76 to score 89 in his first three games.

If he falls off the face of the Earth tomorrow, it was one hell of a flash in the pan.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
Trash, just trash. It's not even worthy of a serious rebuttal.

Steve

There is no rebuttal

Nash went to the highest bidder when he left Dallas, plain and simple. Just like anyone would. He did take the Suns offer to Cuban to match. When Cuban would not match or beat the Suns offer he went to the highest bidder which was the Suns.

Steve has earned every penny he has been paid as a Sun and previously as a Maverick. I used ovepay in the wrong context. He was not over paid.

On his extension with the Suns he recieved more than he would have received on the open market due to his age and health issues. More money was not available around the league for his services.

Sarver was the highest bidder, thus Steve stayed with the Suns. He was not over paid.

He will go to the highest bidder again this summer.

That will probably be the Suns.

If he could have received more money from another team or teams, I stand corrected.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The thing i think i love most about watching Lin is that they will not be able to keep him this summer unless they dump one of their three big contracts.

As giddy as Knicks fans are now, it will be total panic when salary reality sets in.

We ought to consider going after him. The perfect 2 to play with him is on our roster-Redd.

Last edited:

cly2tw

Reaction score
And turnovers. I can't wait till they MYTH OF LIN ends. It's pathetically annoying. Reminds me of when Knicks fans were hyping up Earl Freaking Barron.

Sorry to ask, but do you even know basketball? Lin won the game for them against one of the better teams in the league. Magic Johnson was comparing him to a cross of Stockton and Nash. Even Jon Barry changed his halftime tone of reservation on him and questioned instead whether Melo might be disrupt this good thing. And you just bitch about the number of shots he was FORCED to take and the couple of TOs he committed due to all defensive attention on him? Pick a game to bash him when they lost game! That shouldn't be hard to do, right!:bang:

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I wish people would start hyping up Gortat, who is truly one of the better centers in the league now after riding the bench for years behind Dwight Howard.

I would hype Gortat up too if he could put up this great individual performances at age 23 and carry his team to 4 straight wins, but he doesnt.

cly2tw

Reaction score
The thing i think i love most about watching Lin is that they will not be able to keep him this summer unless they dump one of their three big contracts.

As giddy as Knicks fans are now, it will be total panic when salary reality sets in.

We ought to consider going after him. The perfect 2 to play with him is on our roster-Redd.

I believe Lin is still on his rookie contract, which supposedly make him a RA in the summer. Although he was waived twice, but he actually never cleared the waiver. So, if NY wants to keep him, he is theirs for at least one more year.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been watching his name trend all week on Google. Thought it was some silly NY thing. Watched him tonight on ESPN. I still think it's some silly NY thing, but he's definitely a legit NBA player ... not the next Steve Nash as advertised though. What a ball hog.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Sorry to ask, but do you even know basketball? Lin won the game for them against one of the better teams in the league. Magic Johnson was comparing him to a cross of Stockton and Nash. Even Jon Barry changed his halftime tone of reservation on him and questioned instead whether Melo might be disrupt this good thing. And you just bitch about the number of shots he was FORCED to take and the couple of TOs he committed due to all defensive attention on him? Pick a game to bash him when they lost game! That shouldn't be hard to do, right!:bang:

Stockton, Nash and Lin after 4 games? Sorry you lost me right there. I never said he can't play. I just know what he is doing now won't last, especially after Melo and Amare return. He's become the #1 go to guy on the Knicks right now. Let's see if Amare and Melo will be open to that. And FYI the Lakers aren't that good anymore, especially guarding point guards. Anyway, Lin had a great game. Props to him. I won't be on the bandwagon like you've jumped on.. I'll wait to see more.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
I've been watching his name trend all week on Google. Thought it was some silly NY thing. Watched him tonight on ESPN. I still think it's some silly NY thing, but he's definitely a legit NBA player ... not the next Steve Nash as advertised though. What a ball hog.

Wow

Ball Hog

You have to be kidding.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Lin isn't very athletic, his speed isn't threatening, his passing seems to be okay (although most of his good passes were against the Wizards and Nets). He isn't a good perimeter shooter and his free throw form looks shaky at best. He had 4 good games, but once defenses adjust and Melo returns to stop ball movement, what will he do? He doesn't seem like he would be a good off the ball player and Melo would be inefficient without the ball in his hands.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score

Wow

Michael Redd, really.

If I were him I would much rather play with Shumpert or Fields. They are both young and have a much brighter future.

With Michael Redd as our future at SG we are going no where except the lottery.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Wow

Michael Redd, really.

If I were him I would much rather play with Shumpert or Fields. They are both young and have a much brighter future.

With Michael Redd as our future at SG we are going no where except the lottery.

I have a better shot of playing with the Suns next season than Michael Redd.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
Lin isn't very athletic, his speed isn't threatening, his passing seems to be okay (although most of his good passes were against the Wizards and Nets). He isn't a good perimeter shooter and his free throw form looks shaky at best. He had 4 good games, but once defenses adjust and Melo returns to stop ball movement, what will he do? He doesn't seem like he would be a good off the ball player and Melo would be inefficient without the ball in his hands.

Wow

It is certainly too early to put Lin in the Hall of Fame but also is too early to suggest his failure.

I have no idea why everyone says he is not a good perimeter shooter, he seems just fine to me.

His speed may not be threatening but he blows by everyone and finishes extremely well at the bucket.

He plays defense.

He rebounds.

I really don't know what's not to like.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

According to you Austin Rivers is not athletic and slow.

Lin seems athletic enough to me and also quick enough.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
Lin has played fantastic but Chandler and Jeffries have been just as fantastic in the paint.

Chandler has played well all year and IMO was one of the main reasons that Dallas won the Championship last year. Some have suggested that Dallas made a wise move in not resigning him. If they do not land Howard this coming off season, it was a mistake.

Wish we would have had him or someone like him alongside Amare and Marion in the day.

It is going to be very interesting to see how the Knicks do when Amare and Melo are back in the rotation.

They could get real scary or suck.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score

You are quite the talent evaluator, you can't even see how good Marcin Gortat is. Lin didn't cross over Wall, Wall was adjusting to the oncoming screen and Lin just went past him. And notice the other 4 Wizards scrubs who couldn't even come and guard Lin. They stood there and watched.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I liked what I saw of Lin when he was at GS. However, what I see on the video you posted is the parting of the Red Sea.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to see if they do a lot of pick and roll with Amare and Lin.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm interested to see if they do a lot of pick and roll with Amare and Lin.

That should be fun to watch.

However the key to the Knicks success will be Amare's performance on the defensive end. Chandler and Jeffries have been stellar. Amare needs to step it up on that end of the floor. If he does, watch out league. With Chandler at his side he and I have no excuses for poor defense from him.

Of course the wild card is Melo. If he remains a ball stopper they will never achieve what they should.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
It's hard to buy into a Knicks team with Carmelo and Amare on the court, both are poor defenders. Unless they plan on offensively bullying opponents, good teams will expose the Knicks on a nightly basis. Defense wins championships. Not just a collection of superstar players.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake