Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads guilty

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Your the typical run of the mill person that would be on a jury that I'm talking about. You have him convicted before you even know any of the facts. Those are basic details. All of which from what I know are he said she said. I don't recall any witnesses?

As has been said it takes to two to tango he may have grabbed her by the neck she probably broke her collar bone after he shoved her. But all could be done in self defense. But because your a man and most of society has your attitude toward it you are screwed. Women can be brutal they can also be brutal attackers of their men. A man regardless of who is attacking has the right to defend themselves. She apparently was attacking him and throwing possibly deadly objects at him. She like him is clearly not 100% innocent.

But condemning him the way some of you are is quite silly IMO. Nobody knows how this started who was the primary physical aggressor in the case etc…. He just took the easier road. I don't blame him. I have too much experience in these cases to just "side with a woman" they can be brutal and scandalous.

Agreed with your perspective. Not that I'm in any way legally trained on this like you are, I was once witness to an incident where a man knocked down a barstool in front of him, the woman claimed he tried to hit her with it, even though she was 10 feet away from him, and then smashed a pane of glass from an end table on him.

She continues to claim he was beating her that night, but I saw the whole thing - and only the man was the one that took any physical abuse. Still, he's convicted in the court of public opinion.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
its not really an issue of what you think about it, im just telling you its not his third offense in the leagues eyes so its not his third strike. Maybe to you it is but thankfully you will not be handing down the discipline.

Right? I'm a Cardinal fan and you should pray I was the one handing out the discipline because I would let him play day 1 of the season :grabs:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed with your perspective. Not that I'm in any way legally trained on this like you are, I was once witness to an incident where a man knocked down a barstool in front of him, the woman claimed he tried to hit her with it, even though she was 10 feet away from him, and then smashed a pane of glass from an end table on him.

She continues to claim he was beating her that night, but I saw the whole thing - and only the man was the one that took any physical abuse. Still, he's convicted in the court of public opinion.

Yup.. Ive seen women call their friends to act as witnesses. Ive seen it come out they they have broken bones and thrown themselves into wall and hit themselves with clubs to imitate injuries even when never touched. They can be purely brutal at times.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup.. Ive seen women call their friends to act as witnesses. Ive seen it come out they they have broken bones and thrown themselves into wall and hit themselves with clubs to imitate injuries even when never touched. They can be purely brutal at times.

So they can destroy a man life just simulating an aggression and finding liers as a witnesses.
Disgusting
I dont know but in my country we have many things that doesnt works but there are just very few cases like this

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Whatever!

:)

Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
excuse me but if someone tomorrow will try to throw a dish to u..what are u going to say?
thank u..try again?

If it's a woman, I'm going to leave before I do something barbaric and stupid. I'm sure as he'll not going to put my hands around her neck and break her collarbone.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it's a woman, I'm going to leave before I do something barbaric and stupid. I'm sure as he'll not going to put my hands around her neck and break her collarbone.

He probably intended and did put his hand(s) around her neck, but doubt that he intended to break her collarbone.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Whatever… You have no clue if you would be able to even do this in such a dynamic situation. If you had a woman attack you and throwing things possible deadly objects at you you might have no choice but to defend yourself. Saying you would just politely walk away right here on message board is all well and good. But likely not what would occur if your getting your ass beat.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever… You have no clue if you would be able to even do this in such a dynamic situation. If you had a woman attack you and throwing things at you you might have no choice but to defend yourself. Saying you would just politely walk away right here on message board is all well and good. But likely not what would occur if your getting your ass beat.

Defending yourself and actively choking/forcefully shoving a woman around does not sound like self-defense to me. And how many women can kick butt on an NFL linebacker? Seriously. You are a physical beast - all the more reason to walk away...or run away...from a bad argument. Do not make it physical. She isn't going to beat your ass. Give me a freaking break.

Defending yourself equals some defensive wounds on you and not a broken collarbone on her, IMHO.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Ahhh the sanctimony in this thread on a subject when it comes to actual details we all know very little about beyond police reports that are based on he said/she said.

Let me know when it effects the football team and what his suspension is. Yawn.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Defending yourself and actively choking/forcefully shoving a woman around does not sound like self-defense to me. And how many women can kick butt on an NFL linebacker? Seriously. You are a physical beast - all the more reason to walk away...or run away...from a bad argument. Do not make it physical. She isn't going to beat your ass. Give me a freaking break.

Defending yourself equals some defensive wounds on you and not a broken collarbone on her, IMHO.

I am pretty sure DWash could have out run her if she was attacking him.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Exactly. Men shouldn't hit women, period. If a situation becomes physical, leave it. No excuse, especially with someone as big and strong as Washington.

Amazing how some of you can rationalize the situation when your favorite team is involved.

Last edited:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Whatever… You have no clue if you would be able to even do this in such a dynamic situation. If you had a woman attack you and throwing things possible deadly objects at you you might have no choice but to defend yourself. Saying you would just politely walk away right here on message board is all well and good. But likely not what would occur if your getting your ass beat.

This coming from a COP. This guy knows!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Defending yourself could very well include shoving someone including a woman off of you and doing so hard enough to create distance which could cause a fall and the broken collar bone.

It sounds very clearly like he was trying to get way at the moment based in the police report.... It's really not that hard to fathom Brian and when I've been on 1000+ Of these and seen some of he damage women are capable of inflicting. It's not as cut n dry as any of you are trying to make it out to be. Women are hardly the frail defenseless little creatures you guys make them out to be.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Men shouldn't hit women, period. If a situation becomes physical, leave it. No excuse, especially with someone as big and strong as Washington.

Amazing how some of you can rationalize the situation when your favorite team is involved.

He didnt hit her though so what is your point? Straw grabbing everywhere. No one was there, no one witnessed it, opinions are being formed off of hearsay, its all comical.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didnt hit her though so what is your point? Straw grabbing everywhere. No one was there, no one witnessed it, opinions are being formed off of hearsay, its all comical.

100% truth

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Hit, strike, put your hands on, any way you cut it, not acceptable. Do I understand Shane's argument that not all of these situations are as they seem? Of course. That said, I would venture to say most people that plead guilty of such charges probably did something they shouldn't. For all those that are falsely accused of such behavior, there are probably 20 examples of people going through similar trauma that don't involve authorities.

Glad you were able to find some humor in the situation though!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wait...now we're saying a guy twice this woman's size...was getting his ASS BEAT?! This thread is ludicrous. And she's throwing "deadly objects" at him? When did a plant become a deadly object?

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score

People could only take so much. Not saying it's right, but if your getting **** tossed at you I don't care who you are **** hurts.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hit, strike, put your hands on, any way you cut it, not acceptable. Do I understand Shane's argument that not all of these situations are as they seem? Of course. That said, I would venture to say most people that plead guilty of such charges probably did something they shouldn't. For all those that are falsely accused of such behavior, there are probably 20 examples of people going through similar trauma that don't involve authorities.

Glad you were able to find some humor in the situation though!

Since prisons are a majority african american do you venture to say that most african americans are criminal? Or do you use your conclusion board for selective situations only?

IVe had an ex pull a knife on me. I tackled her to the ground and kept her pinned until authorities arrived. Thankfully her collarbone didnt break.

Without knowing details, I prefer not to hang people especially when it was a mutual problem.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait...now we're saying a guy twice this woman's size...was getting his ASS BEAT?! This thread is ludicrous. And she's throwing "deadly objects" at him? When did a plant become a deadly object?

Plans are in pots, thrown at your head can be deadly, I am assuming thats what he means.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Admissions of guilt and broken bones aren't hearsay. They're facts.
Saying she was throwing deadly objects and that he was defending himself...now THATS hearsay.