Arizona Cardinals @ Miami Dolphins Pre Game Thread. 10/22/24-10/26/24

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This. How many times have we seen Kyler miss wide open receivers because he can't see past the line when the pocket closes in as well? There are certain things he still hasn't shown he can do effectively.
The underthrow to a streaking Wilson down the sidelines was beyond atrocious, not to mention it came right on the heels over a bad overthrow out of bounds a play or two before.

Yes, we got a PI for that play because Wilson came back to a ball underthrown by 5 yards, but he had BOTH CB and S torched for what would have been an 80 yard TD that should have been beyond easy for an NFL QB to throw. Reminded me of the Niners game when he had Wilson streaking down the sideline with all of the defense behind him and Kyler overthrew the ball to where it went out of bounds not even giving Wilson a chance for another likely TD.

So, while the WR are subpar with too many drops, Kyler shares some blame because his accuracy downfield is so bad.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure the OLine has always fared at least decently since Kyler has been here in pressure rate. Obviously, opposing EDGEs’ will respect Kyler’s athleticism & play contain. Believe it’s a combination of good OL coaching & Kyler making the OL look better than it is.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Tua plays, I'm expecting GB Redux. With even just solid QB play, that team has too many weapons/speed on that offense for our D to keep up and this offense ain't getting in any shootouts, any time soon. Would love to be proven wrong on that, but just too many issues from play calling, subpar WRS and a mediocre QB right now.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Losing to Miami the way we did Green Bay would be the worst loss of the season. With or without Tua. Outside of WR, they’re significantly weaker in every area I can think of.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tua has to be shell shocked and will hear all the footsteps. This guy should take the rest of the season off IMHO.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Tua plays, I'm expecting GB Redux. With even just solid QB play, that team has too many weapons/speed on that offense for our D to keep up and this offense ain't getting in any shootouts, any time soon. Would love to be proven wrong on that, but just too many issues from play calling, subpar WRS and a mediocre QB right now.
Yep. Will Disley is no Tyreek Hill. Not to mention Waddle and Achane etc...

Plus factor in a short week for the Cardinals and having to travel to the East Coast, Tua being back, McDaniel close to being on the hot seat and needing a win badly...

This has the making of another disaster unless the Cards offense can finally find some consistency which I'm not holding my breath on.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure the OLine has always fared at least decently since Kyler has been here in pressure rate. Obviously, opposing EDGEs’ will respect Kyler’s athleticism & play contain. Believe it’s a combination of good OL coaching & Kyler making the OL look better than it is.
Fair. But regardless it means those edge rushers aren’t pinning ears back and pressuring kyler.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This. How many times have we seen Kyler miss wide open receivers because he can't see past the line when the pocket closes in as well? There are certain things he still hasn't shown he can do effectively.

He was able to make amazing hole-shots his first few years in the league. Dimes to the perimeter on the regular

Just since the Green Bay game in ‘21 it’s like he’s just forgotten how to do it.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That's because the scheme is to get it out quick. There are no long developing passes unless Murray is rolled out. Chuck and Suck loves to search his stats to try to meet his bias.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I like Tua and root for him, when he's not playing the Cardinals. And with our improving defense, I feel bad for him if he has to play us. Just hope we win and don't end his career. Forget the details, but remember Steve Young getting injured playing us late in his career.
That was my thought yesterday. "Poor Tua gonna get Steve Young'ed"
Especially now with Denny G out... safety blitz has to be in the game plan... so it will be a defensive back making the hit once again...Bad Budda Baker perhaps

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That's because the scheme is to get it out quick. There are no long developing passes unless Murray is rolled out. Chuck and Suck loves to search his stats to try to meet his bias.
I don’t feel like we do a lot of quick-game passes TBH. There are tons of long-developing crossers and screens; just nothing deep.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
We play the phins 25 years and 1 month after Youngs last game.
Sept 27th, 1999
Oct 27th, 2024

History repeats itself if you live long enough to see it

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Losing to Miami the way we did Green Bay would be the worst loss of the season. With or without Tua. Outside of WR, they’re significantly weaker in every area I can think of.
Well, which is it?
"Too many weapons" or
"They're significantly weaker". :shrug: :rolleyes:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
As for the Cards OL, they have been very solid overall.
I wasn’t the biggest fan of the Paris Johnson trade down but he’s been really good.
I can see a future all pro in him. He’s very athletic and looks the part.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Both MHJ and Mike in the top 10 for vertical routes. Not good.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe they sit Tua this weekend thinking they can win without him against the cards and get him to 100% for their next game. Either way, Cards have to figure out a way to win this one regardless of the other teams QB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan