Arizona Diamondbacks @ Chicago Cubs series thread. 07/19/24-07/21/24

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Still don’t understand why Walker wasn’t guarding the line in bot of 9th. Eliminate the exact hit that happened, a ground ball on a late swing. If he hits it between Walker and 2nd basemen it only a single and perhaps changes the inning

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't think anyone on the Dbacks pitching staff has gone to "closer" school. What a disaster for the Dbacks if they don't have a 3+ run lead in the ninth. Pathetic.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I don't think anyone on the Dbacks pitching staff has gone to "closer" school. What a disaster for the Dbacks if they don't have a 3+ run lead in the ninth. Pathetic.
There was no reason to sit Sewald, saving him for KC. You take wins when you can get them. Especially if you're just going to run another guy out there who also pitched in both previous games...and in one of them didn't record an out!

Gambler

Veteran
Reaction score
But when people wanted Sewalds head it was all about making Martinez the closer. He's definitely not ready for pressure situations. It looks like Torey listened to the fans on this one. That will just put him in the seats with them. Fans think they know everything, but they don’t. But it makes for great amusement. Still a tough loss.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
But when people wanted Sewalds head it was all about making Martinez the closer. He's definitely not ready for pressure situations. It looks like Torey listened to the fans on this one. That will just put him in the seats with them. Fans think they know everything, but they don’t. But it makes for great amusement. Still a tough loss.
I wanted Sewalds head, but never wanted Martinez to close. IMO, Martinez is the replacement for Sewalds or whomever in 2 years.