ASFN: Official 2013 NFL Draft Thread

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
I still can't wait to have the trade back explained to me. There were so many good players and they said they would take BPA. Then why trade back? How could they know who they wanted would be there in the mid-40s? Did we need a 4th round pick that bad? Just seemed strange to me. I wouldn't have done it and none of us expected it. Can't wait for coaches explanation.

Its easy they had @ least 7 players left on their board with similar grades and could move back 7 spots still get one of those players BPA and pick up an additional 4th rounder.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I love Bell over all the RBs this year. I think he will be great for many years. Steelers hit a homer again like usual.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Hilarious...

Richard Deitsch ‏@richarddeitsch 23h
Seems like a lifetime ago some were talking about Ryan Nassib at No. 8.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still can't wait to have the trade back explained to me. There were so many good players and they said they would take BPA. Then why trade back? How could they know who they wanted would be there in the mid-40s? Did we need a 4th round pick that bad? Just seemed strange to me. I wouldn't have done it and none of us expected it. Can't wait for coaches explanation.

It's their board not ours.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

According to Jurecki the Cards had two players targeted at 38. Minter and Teo. They were rated almost identical. A team called up and was willing to trade and give the Cards a fourth rounder and chances were high one of those two guys would be there at 45 and they get an extra pick. Pretty shrewd, a great trade and they still get their guy. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Minter will be solid. It's the memory of Buster Davis that lingers.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

The best value in the draft is in the 2nd 3rd and 4th round. You can get another solid player in the 4th. I love the trade.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Jurecki the Cards had two players targeted at 38. Minter and Teo. They were rated almost identical. A team called up and was willing to trade and give the Cards a fourth rounder and chances were high one of those two guys would be there at 45 and they get an extra pick. Pretty shrewd, a great trade and they still get their guy. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Bingo - they got a guy they wanted, and an extra pick.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If trading back gets us a Scott, Lattimore or even a Honey Badger (for you party animals) it is well worth it.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Moved the draft to ESPN 2 but it will still get higher ratings than the Celts/Knicks game.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not the pick I wanted but he's very solid I've calmed down. Not sexy but he is a sideline to sideline guy.

Let's see what happens in round 3

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Can someone update me on what picks we have remaining? We might have the ammo to move up in the second or around some more tonight in the third with two fourth rounders...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is Rich Eisen doing everything he can to bring every conversation back to Sanchez, Geno and the Jets? Very annoying.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not the pick I wanted but he's very solid I've calmed down. Not sexy but he is a sideline to sideline guy.

Let's see what happens in round 3

Also it will make the 4th round more exciting.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Wolf: How will you hold up at the point of attack?

Minter: I play in the SEC, sir.

Greatest quote ever.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We should have taken Te'o. :(

No way. Minter is way better. Teo has a bunch of crap around him right now, failed to play big on the biggest stage, crappy combine, didn't play in the senior bowl because of the situation and brings a circus. No thanks.