ASFN: Official 2013 NFL Draft Thread

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Why not? The most important thing you must have to win the Super Bowl is a first round QB. And now we have one.

:koolaid:

:beer:

I said it in the moment because Geno said it on stage to the interviewer. I was laughing at the Jets making the playoffs.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Niners....... Rock solid organization.

Bastards.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Seattle with 2 more picks.....

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 23h
Ravens deal a 5th and 6th to move up with Seattle. The 49ers took TE Vance McDonald

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way. Minter is way better. Teo has a bunch of crap around him right now, failed to play big on the biggest stage, crappy combine, didn't play in the senior bowl because of the situation and brings a circus. No thanks.

My buddy who works for the NCAA and is a LSU alum disagrees.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
My buddy who works for the NCAA and is a LSU alum disagrees.

I think Ernie Sims is a good comparison. Let's hope his physical deficiencies are overshadowed by his instincts and work ethic.

Personally, I don't like the pick, but they wanted him so...... We will see.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Jeremy Cooper ‏@coopdigitydogg 26 Apr
@PriscoCBS Tebow should tweet out a Jets welcome to Geno Smith, to remind everyone of his team oriented "intangibles"
Retweeted by Pete Prisco

:biglaugh:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's say we come up in round three and Okafor or Moore are still there do you take linebackers back to back and go safety in round 4 I was really expecting a run on safety but it really hasn't happened

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arthur Brown (LB) has a 90.3 grade at NFL.com. How did he fall to the Ravens? Why would the Cardinals pass on him with their pick.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
Damn i really liked Swearinger, disappointed to see him go there.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Let's say we come up in round three and Okafor or Moore are still there do you take linebackers back to back and go safety in round 4 I was really expecting a run on safety but it really hasn't happened

I would definitely take the pass rusher. Okafor is my first choice, although I worry about the Falcons taking him first.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Bill Polian on Minter:

What he brings: Minter is a physical presence inside, with good instincts and excellent point-of-attack skills. He plays with leverage and balance, and while his closing burst isn't elite, he takes quality angles to the point to maximize his range. Minter also flashes the ability to deliver a big hit. There are concerns, though, about his ability to hold up in space, and shorter arms that can hinder him as a tackler.

How he fits: In this 3-4 defense, the inside linebacker position has been very strong, but now there is some vulnerability. Paris Lenon is gone, and Arizona?s best inside linebacker, Daryl Washington, is suspended for the first four games of 2013. The Cardinals are hopeful that free agent Jasper Brinkley from Minnesota can help bridge the gap. But there isn't very good depth or players to develop at this position. Minter has a chance to step in immediately for Washington, and if he plays well the first four games, he might unseat Brinkley.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Lacy, Nassib, & Barkley have fallen off the cliff.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Ok. I will concede Barkley is no longer in bust territory. 3rd round QBs are not bust-worthy.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05