ASFN: Official 2013 NFL Draft Thread

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don't gamble with a third round pick. Especially where we were slotted. So we interviewed this kid and were impressed?

Sorry but this kid gives off a horrible vibe. Nothing but trouble. Hope I am wrong.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don't gamble with a third round pick. Especially where we were slotted. So we interviewed this kid and were impressed?

Sorry but this kid gives off a horrible vibe. Nothing but trouble. Hope I am wrong.

I hear you. Love that PP has taken him under his wing. That is really the only reason I'm not screaming from the rafters that this was a stupid pick.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki 8m
Hearing Cards wanted Texas WR Marquise Goodwin, thought they could get him in the fourth round he went to Buffalo. #SpeedWR

Interesting. I guess we can expect to see a receiver taken tomorrow.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The draft is by its very nature a gamble and its Keim's board not ours.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
P.S. Chris Ivory was finally traded to the Jets for something.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Several notable DEs, Ss, Cs, and OTs left:

RANK PLAYER POS. SCHOOL
80 Brian Schwenke C California
100 Barrett Jones C Alabama
151 Khaled Holmes C Southern California
76 David Bakhtiari OT Colorado
101 David Quessenberry OT San Jose State
103 Brennan Williams OT North Carolina
126 Vinston Painter OT Virginia Tech
141 Oday Aboushi OT Virginia
147 Reid Fragel OT Ohio State
162 Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin
64 Phillip Thomas FS Fresno State
104 Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia
124 Josh Evans FS Florida
160 Tony Jefferson FS Oklahoma
114 Shamarko Thomas SS Syracuse
156 Duke Williams SS Nevada
190 Earl Wolff SS North Carolina State
221 Zeke Motta SS Notre Dame
239 Robert Lester SS Alabama
51 Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA
88 Andre Ellington RB Clemson
116 Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford
127 Joseph Randle RB Oklahoma State
138 Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
146 Mike Gillislee RB Florida
37 Matt Barkley QB Southern California
41 Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse
39 Jesse Williams DT Alabama
57 Alex Okafor DE Texas
82 Cornelius Washington DE Georgia
118 William Gholston DE Michigan State
105 Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers
110 Chase Thomas OLB Stanford
113 John Simon OLB Ohio State

We will get two of these guys at beginning of next round.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Okafer & Schwenke would make me a very happy guy.

Especially since it was made clear to us that we want zone type blockers over maulers. That guy hass Pro-Bowl talent at the center position.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
OMG could Okafor fall to us in the 4th like Acho? That would be awesome.

Won't happen though. I used up my antidote for the Duckjake jinx to get Acho to Arizona. :(

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First round talent in the third is a so called gamble worth taking according to Keim. Get it!

First round talent my ass. And the kid couldn't even stay in school. A high risk anyway you look at it.

Your contribution is its Keim's board? That is all you have to say. Well then shut this board down as it is all about opinions. Or better yet go start your own board where nobody questions anything the team does.

We get rid of that pompous ass from the north and you take his place. You post just like him.

Last edited:

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
TONS of talent left in rd4. In a draft like this that is "middle heavy" as opposed to top heavy, if you can move back and add pick like we did today you can fill holes with starters in rd 4

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
First round talent my ass. And the kid couldn't even stay in school. A high risk anyway you look at it.

Your contribution is its Keim's board? That is all you have you have to say. Well then shut this board down as it is all about opinions. Or better yet go start your own board where nobody questions anything the team does.

We get rid of that pompous ass from the north and you take his place. You post just like him.

Welcome to the club. Put him on ignore like I did.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Your contribution is its Keim's board? That is all you have you have to say. Well then shut this board down as it is all about opinions. Or better yet go start your own board where nobody questions anything the team does.

Take a pill and spare me the hysterics.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Again isn't he too short to be a Safety? Most are 6' or better and he's only 5'9". Are there other FS of similar size?

You got me. I would say that is small. A bit concerning in terms of starting. From memory most I would say are 6 foot or taller, 5'11" maybe.

We could envision him as a nickel/dime free safety and/or 3rd/4th CB.

I will say at those positions he is more free to let his talent take over. If he develops into something more perhaps in time he could do more.

I was thinking 4th or 5th round for him potentially. So I am shocked as well. But make no mistake I'm just a fan. Sometimes I see something and feel conviction on it, but I am no 'expert'.

They did show our war room and we looked extremely happy to get him. So whatever the reason we picked him, we had conviction about him FWIW.

Still talent on the board and two fourth rounders. Maybe we liked him more at this point then any of the other safeties???

Like the potential, but still a big head scratcher.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05