ASFN: Official 2013 NFL Draft Thread

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
It kills me how everyone complains that we should not draft for need but when the team picks BPA... "why did we pick another (insert position here) when we already have...?"

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mayock on Ellington:

"I think pound-for-pound this kid competes as a pass protector, and I didn't expect to see that when I turned on the tape. He's quicker than fast. His foot speed is balanced. His competitive nature all added up to a third-round pick." -- Mike Mayock

Kind of makes a difference :)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It kills me how everyone complains that we should not draft for need but when the team picks BPA... "why did we pick another (insert position here) when we already have...?"

How many times do we have to explain that there is a fine line when it comes to BPA. How do you know Ellington or Swope were that much better than another player that is a better fit?

Player A grades 60 but would be the 6th RB on the roster. Player B grades 59 but would be the third Safety. So you take player A every time? Not me. You can only play 11 at a time so draft guys that you can get on the field.

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
DJ-

This started in the first round though with people who wanted a pure pass rusher... not just talking about 5th and 6th round RBs...

But if we are talking about Rambo, I've read just as much bad as good about him.

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
And if last year tells us anything, having extra running backs isn't a bad thing... Ryan Williams hurt, Beanie Wells hurt, LSH hurt... our new running back: Mendenhall hurt...

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
And if last year tells us anything, having extra running backs isn't a bad thing... Ryan Williams hurt, Beanie Wells hurt, LSH hurt... our new running back: Mendenhall hurt...

I hear you. But you can only keep so many RBs on the roster.

Q Smith and a couple of other guys at other positions were rated about as high as Taylor so why not take them and then get Ellington? Or why take Taylor first instead of Ellington who had a higher grade than Taylor or why not Randle who was rated higher than either one?

No big deal especially in round 6 but in any round who is BPA is very subjective.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
219, 13th pick in Round 7
Thanks

iwin.gif

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member