Atlanta Draft Pick Watch

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So if the hawks do make the playoffs the suns will still get the 15th pick? I mean meh like it really matters we will eaither sell the pick or Mike D will never play the rookie and he won't have a chance to develop..

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
It is getting to the point where we should just accept the #15 and figure out who will be available there.

Here is a hopeful thought.

It is very possible that the player the Suns would have taken at #11 will still be there at #15.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Really, the way all the teams in the East are choking down the stretch, we have to have ATL lose almost EVERY remaining game to be over taken by any other team. If INDY or NJ were worth their salt, ATL shouldn't even be in the discussion this year, not to mention the tank job being put up by Miami. Miami really should be investigated for throwing their season, imho. Any team that has Wade and Marion on it, should be a playoff team in the Eastern Conference. Watch them get a top player in the draft and be one of the top Eastern Conference teams next year.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
It is getting to the point where we should just accept the #15 and figure out who will be available there.

exactly...i see this as a deep draft with no absolute stud like melo or lebron, am i right?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Well, this pick will most likely be 15--the Hawks destroyed the Grizz tonight. But like someone else said, the only reason we'd want them to miss the playoffs is the slight chance they'll have the ping pong balls bounce their way. And really, is there much of a difference between the #10 and the #15 picks in the draft?

HooverDam

Reaction score
And really, is there much of a difference between the #10 and the #15 picks in the draft?

Apparently its the difference between Joe Johnson and Steven Hunter. Between Caron Butler and Bostjan Nachbar.

Though sometimes 15 has Al Jefferson and 10 has Luke Jackson, so who knows.

The higher the pick the better though. Though there are many busts to be sure, on average, the higher picks to end up being better, so the Hawks doing as poorly as possible benefits the Suns.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
If Hasheem Thabeet is what he is, he will go before 15, and we need to prime a center under shaq.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If the Suns take a center prospect at 15, they're out of their minds. I can pretty much guarantee it won't happen.

By the time O'Neal and Nash retire, the Suns' entire roster will have to be rebuilt. So the only needs that make sense are immediate ones. Since it's pretty unlikely than anyone taken at 15 will step into a notoriously tight rotation on a contending team, the Suns will probably either take someone with deep prospect potential or sell the pick.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frack I hope the Hawks nose dive. It figures that the Hawks would finally make the playoffs when we own the pick.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Frack I hope the Hawks nose dive. It figures that the Hawks would finally make the playoffs when we own the pick.

No sense in getting worked up about this. Same thing happened with the Chicago pick several years back. It is par for the course.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
If someone pays for my flight i'll head to Georgia and give them all the flu.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I think we need to give up on Atlanta missing the playoffs. I'd bet money that they keep that eight seed.

If ATL beats Toronto tonight and Indiana loses to Boston, you can go ahead and put ATL in the playoffs because none of the teams chasing them are going to catch up.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Id trade the 15th pick and Diaw to the Knicks for David Lee. Wonder if the Knicks would do that.

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score
There is only one way ATL becomes a lotto pick.

Indy's final 9 games (I see 6-3) (36-46 would be final record)
-Miami (W)
-Boston (L)
-Milwaukee (W)
-Milwaukee (W)
-Atlanta (W)
-Philly (L)
-Charlotte (W)
-Washington (L)
-NY (W)

Atlanta's final 10 (I see 4-6 IMO) that would be (36-46) final record.
-NY (W)
-Memphis (W)
-Toronto (L)
-Phily (L)
-Phily (L)
-Indiana (L)
-NY (W)
-Boston (L)
-Orlando (L)
-Miami (W)

Therefore, Indiana and Atlanta would be tied and if Indiana, in their own building, could beat Atlanta they would have the season head-to-head. So it's time we forget about NJ and start really pulling for the Pacers. I just hope Boston and Orlando don't rest their guys getting ready for the playoffs. But I honestly wouldn't blame them. This is what it comes down to guys.

When I did this I assumed that IND would beat ATL. Taking that into account, if each team looses to the teams with better records, these teams will tie record wise. Ind would have the head to head so they would get in. So all you have to do is follow the above schedule and hope it stays to par.

Last edited:

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When I did this I assumed that IND would beat ATL. Taking that into account, if each team looses to the teams with better records, these teams will tie record wise. Ind would have the head to head so they would get in. So all you have to do is follow the above schedule and hope it stays to par.
Why do you have the Hawks losing to the heat? The heat are horrible this season.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
darn raptors had a 18 pt lead now only 5 in the 4th qtr they better hang on...

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Raptors up 107-104 with 11.5 seconds left in the 4th quarter. Hawks have the ball and called timeout.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
get the rebounds raptors damn hawks missed two 3's :( still have a shot with 3.0 sec left

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wtf raptors you stupid sob's foul don't let bibby shot the 3 tie game :(

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stupid Raptors...couldn't rebound the ball.

Bibby hits a 3 with .5 seconds left in the 4th. 107-107 now

The universe must really hate us. :(

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
refs find another way to screw the suns :( not giving that 0.5 basket to moon ugh