AYTON TRADED!

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
1 Free Throw attempt. ONE! A center in today's NBA having only 1 FTA in only 4 games. And they are 1-3.
If he's leading the league in rebounds I think I could live with the 1 free throw - it's just wild that the two facts can coexist

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought his offense and/or defense might improve but damn.. DeAndre isn't just out rebounding Nurk - DeAndre is out rebounding everybody in the NBA

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm happy for the guy - wished he would have done that here - hope he keeps it up

Them free throws tho - 4 games and only 1 free throw? That can't be right

As usual with Ayton, that number is skewed by his 23 rebound game. He'll have 1 great game among many average games and it'll look like he's turned the corner but he typically lays an egg the next night out. Like he knows that 23+0 gives him an average 11.5 boards a game, which is more than respectable. Lets see how he follows it up.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Ayton goes 16 and 10 tonight... and gets some small measure of satisfaction beating Monty's Pistons.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton goes 16 and 10 tonight... and gets some small measure of satisfaction beating Monty's Pistons.
Ok, if he cant get up for that game it probably isn't going to happen.

What a waste of talent.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I would hate to see Grayson Allen in a Suns uni. Hope he's traded or cut before the season.

:barf:

Update:
So far I have nothing to complain about from Grayson Allen. He seems like a normal guy in the interviews and his play (most importantly) has been clean. As long as he keeps on the straight and narrow I will eat my words!

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
42 pages and it continues :bang:
It will continue be a big part of Suns history. That is a fact.
It's nice to have the talk in one thread though instead of every game thread. Poor Blazers... You are in my thoughts.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

Look at those free throws tho

Not to mention the assists

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sigh. The problem with the Suns is not Ayton or Nurkic. It's that they are an old man superteam sans Booker. Old man super teams have always failed. There is a chance for a little better here with Book being young, but I doubt it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sigh. The problem with the Suns is not Ayton or Nurkic. It's that they are an old man superteam sans Booker. Old man super teams have always failed. There is a chance for a little better here with Book being young, but I doubt it.

Boston won 1. They were the original old man superteam, forming a Big 3 before the Heatles.

I know that the knock on them is they only won 1 title, should have had 2 or 3, but I'll gladly take 1.

Edit - average age of starters for Celtics was 27.4 but their big 3 was 30, 31, and 32.

Their bench was old, first 3 guys in were Posey (31), PJ Brown (38), and Cassel (38) with Leon Powe (24) being the 9th man and the only guy to average more than 10+ minutes in the playoffs.

So average age of rotation players was 29.7 but skewed a little by 3 youngsters carried by 6 vets.

Suns are 27.3 as a roster right now. Gordon and KD are the only 30+ year old players on the team, each 35, while Beal is 30 he hasn't played yet. Not going to look into average age on starters or rotation players since that is likely to change a good bit. Point being, we're not old. We're younger than Boston was in 08, with the original Big 3.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Look at those free throws tho

Not to mention the assists

3 FT in 7 games is actively trying not to get fouled. How is any big man not getting there at least twice a game by accident? Even Eubanks has 15 FT’s so far.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 FT in 7 games is actively trying not to get fouled. How is any big man not getting there at least twice a game by accident? Even Eubanks has 15 FT’s so far.
It really is crazy. You really have to work hard to avoid contact to accomplish this at his position.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He belongs on the Wizards. A Kuzma, Poole, Ayton "big 3" would be one of the funniest things in basketball history.

Three dudes who could not give less of a crap.
Lol… that is the perfect place for him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The most amazing part of this isn’t Ayton just watching the ball go past him, make a move to make an effort then just quit, but AFTER all that and Prince grabs the ball, Ayton just JOGS down court, not even considering for a second to try and bust his ass and hustle to try to make up for his brain fart.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
The most amazing part of this isn’t Ayton just watching the ball go past him, make a move to make an effort then just quit, but AFTER all that and Prince grabs the ball, Ayton just JOGS down court, not even considering for a second to try and bust his ass and hustle to try to make up for his brain fart.
Yup. I can ALMOST forgive him for thinking the ball was just going to go out of bounds; play the game long enough and most people are bound to have a misjudgment like that. The fact that he lazily gets back is pretty damning.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He’s a loser but Nurk is straight cheeks every other game. If this swoon continues Ishbia will make a deadline move. He can’t be happy.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s a loser but Nurk is straight cheeks every other game. If this swoon continues Ishbia will make a deadline move. He can’t be happy.

Yep.

Still don't like the trade.

Ayton, sleep walking through a game, provides as much on offense and is an immeasurably better defender. Nurk is flat out terrible on defense, dude is glued to the floor. I'm also already sick of his low post, flat footed weird layup thing he does that almost always gets blocked or just clanks away. He has a decent midrange game and if he has his momentum moving towards the rim he can finish, but his post game is awful and his 3 point shooting is... awful.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton, sleep walking through a game, provides as much on offense and is an immeasurably better defender. Nurk is flat out terrible on defense, dude is glued to the floor. I'm also already sick of his low post, flat footed weird layup thing he does that almost always gets blocked or just clanks away. He has a decent midrange game and if he has his momentum moving towards the rim he can finish, but his post game is awful and his 3 point shooting is... awful.

Ayton sleepwalking through a game does not provide what Nurkic does on offense. Nurkic draws fouls, has been to the line 40 times already to Ayton's 3, yes 3 times, all season. Nurkic is also averaging almost 4 times the number of assists a game. He's not nearly the deadweight Ayton is. Yes, Ayton is shooting better but that's all he really has going in his favor over Nurkic offensively. Nurkic needs to start hitting 3's if he's going to continue taking them but he's has to play to primary or secondary playmaker too often with Booker out and Durant just forcing bad shots to try and get himself going. I'd like to see KD start passing a lot more but that's a different topic. Nurkic has done a decent job defending the paint, as well as Ayton has, so while he's not capable of guarding guys on the perimeter, that isn't his job as a 7' 265 pound Center either. Guys need to fight through screens better or rotate quicker to stop shooters. We aren't losing because opposing teams are creating so many good looks from outside while Nurkic is one of the 2 Suns defending the 2 man game.

As mentioned by @BirdGangThing also you're entirely ignoring Grayon Allen's contributions also, which are a result of unloading Ayton. We're getting far more from Nurkic and Allen than Ayton could provide. Nurkic alone has a better VORP than Ayton. Almost every advanced stat is in Nurk's favor outside of shooting percentage, which he more than makes up for by finding teammates for baskets and drawing fouls.