14 Dec 09 ARI @ SEA 4:05 PM L

15 Dec 16 ARI @ NO 1:00 PM W

16 Dec 23 ATL @ ARI 4:05 PM W

17 Dec 30 STL @ ARI 4:15 PMW

Last edited:

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
I wouldn't say Seattle is regressing. They are changing their offensive philosophy and throwing much more with success. Heck they have won 2 games straight. The are playing very well at home (5-1). The challenge for them will be to win on the road as 4 of their last 6 are on the road. The Cards need to win their home games and steal one in Seattle. It will be tough because Seattle plays so well at home. Isn't great to be talking about playoffs in late November!

I don't mean to sound condescending but I would imagine that is pretty cool for you guys at this point in the year. If you've been a Cardinals fan for a while, that's got to be pretty encouraging.

OP
OP
Redheart

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
I don't mean to sound condescending but I would imagine that is pretty cool for you guys at this point in the year. If you've been a Cardinals fan for a while, that's got to be pretty encouraging.

It is what "hungry" fans do...those that follow a team that is on the rise; not to sound condenscending.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seattle has gone back to what Holmgren has always lived on, prior to SA, the West Coast offense passing game. That has liberated them.

SF is suddenly playing tough on defense, and almost upset the Rams who, by the way, are getting people healthy and are themselves an improved team.

Lesson: Do not overlook any team. Focus on the Niners this week. They will be tough to beat.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Seattle has gone back to what Holmgren has always lived on, prior to SA, the West Coast offense passing game. That has liberated them.

SF is suddenly playing tough on defense, and almost upset the Rams who, by the way, are getting people healthy and are themselves an improved team.

Lesson: Do not overlook any team. Focus on the Niners this week. They will be tough to beat.

Very true skkorp... Simply, we have 6 games left and no doubt will need to finish 4 & 2 to give ourselves a shot... Would it surprise anyone if we went 3 & 3 or worse? Not me... In fact, I would be much more surprised if we do in fact finish 4 & 2...
I can easily see this season coming down to 12/30th, home against the Lambs who will be angry and healthy... Heck, without Jackson earlier this year they rolled it up quite well on us... Our season just might boil down to 12/30th... Wow - when was the last time that was the case???

gamblinjonny

Reaction score
Very true skkorp... Simply, we have 6 games left and no doubt will need to finish 4 & 2 to give ourselves a shot... Would it surprise anyone if we went 3 & 3 or worse? Not me... In fact, I would be much more surprised if we do in fact finish 4 & 2...
I can easily see this season coming down to 12/30th, home against the Lambs who will be angry and healthy... Heck, without Jackson earlier this year they rolled it up quite well on us... Our season just might boil down to 12/30th... Wow - when was the last time that was the case???

1998- Last week of the season. Cards had to beat San Diego to get the last wild card. If the Cards lost, Tampa Bay would have secured that spot.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1998- Last week of the season. Cards had to beat San Diego to get the last wild card. If the Cards lost, Tampa Bay would have secured that spot.

Not a busy poster, I see. Welcome back from wherever you've been hiding.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

1. I think we'll have to beat Seattle in order to make the playoffs.

2. In terms of the schedule, there will be surprises - there will be at least one upset - by us, by them, against us and against them.

Wait a second - that's four surprises? Seatlle may lose the next two. We have to beat SF!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seattle is playing better.
We are playing better.

The Lions, whether they upset the PAckers this week or not , will not make the playoffs. Their remaining schedule is brutal and will be lucky to go 3-3.

We are in a position to control our own destiny.
Win 5 of the last 6 (10-6), we're in and I think win the division.
Win 4 of the last 6(9-7), I think we're in and may still win the division if 1 of those wins are is against the Seahawks.
Win 4 of the last 6 ( 9-7), with 1 loss being to Seattle, and we will be a wild card.
win 3 of the last 6 and a wild card is still possible.

Bottom line........just beat the frickin 49ers this week.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05