BA vs. Whiz

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Whiz took us to a Superbowl. That will forever mark him in my mind as a great AZ Cardinals coach. Later, though, for whatever reason, he made some poor decisions leaving us weak in some very critical areas (Oline, QB, RB) and it was time for him to leave. I am excited to have BA here and I think the change was the right thing to do, but it doesn't change my admiration for him taking us on that wonderful Superbowl ride.
I think Whiz is a guy that can coach a successful team when he has the players in place, but it is evident that he is not good at building his own team. I think if he gets put into a situation with a strong GM in place he could be a good HC again at some point in the future.

I'm not real big on comparing Whiz and BA, but the biggest difference I see in their personalities is that Whiz is one to keep things close to the vest and BA is just very blunt about stating opinion. I also cant remember a time before this off season where a player signed and said it was largely because they wanted to play for our head coach. Nor do I remember anyone ever saying that they were told they weren't leaving without signing.

They both seem to be very big on promoting competition, but are polar opposites when it comes to competition at the QB position. On this one I side with BA in the idea that you need to choose your QB early and stick with that decision.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No that was Kurt Warners team funny how the best coach in the history of the cardinals started sucking as soon as the greatest QB in the history of the cardinals left.