BASK-ing in The Wow Factor: The Top 5 WOWs

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good points, Chopper. On Jordon, however, I've read, heard that his sack numbers were directly related to scheme, and Suggs outweighed Jones by 20 pounds when he ran his 40.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
So here is my point. OG or not, take the guy who you think will be in the NFL for the next 10 years.

As much as I like Jarvis Jones I agree. Draft the guard and finally solidify the offensive line you have been changing every other week. Somebody needs to smack Michael Bidwill in the head so that he remembers that the only time in the last 15 years the Cards have had winning seasons was when they had the same guys starting on the offensive line each season.

,To have had 4 of the 5 starters from the 2009 playoff game, where they scored 45 points on one of the NFLs top defenses, still on the roster in 2011 and only have one of them playing the same position was ridiculous and one major reason the greatest coach in Arizona history is now history.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
BOW-WOW - You could have started with the coyote rot and worked backwards to the WOW and bought some time- I use worry about waking up wanting to chew my arm off to get away- now I am coyote rot! and kind of enjoying it!

Stay safe on the #7 overall just like we did on Levi Brown- it is the right thing to do-

ndhillst

Rookie
Reaction score
I like Massie a lot at RT and think Potter can be groomed to be the next LT (yes, I know we all hate Levi, but I think the new coaching staff can play more to his strengths than the last one). I honestly think we can get a very good G still in round 2 - which is where I still see a huge area of weakness. I'd really like to fortify the D a bit more with a powerful edge rusher.

But if we play it safe and pick OL, I won't complain.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I am totally off of Warmack now. He was my "main man" all this year, but I have just read a lot of things now that really got me thinking. I am totally still into Cooper though. I now feel much safer with Cooper if we were going to take an OG with our 1st pick.

I agree however with ndhillst that there will be some very good upgrades to our interior OL in the 2nd and even the 3rd round. With that in mind, I am highly in favor of taking whichever great OLB falls to us: Jordan, Ansah, Mingo, or Jones. To me that is the money position, so to speak. Would be great to have a guy who can get 1 or more sacks every game and chase the QB out of the pocket most downs.

We would hit a home run in my opinion if we went best OLB in 1st round, then grab Pugh in round 2 if he falls or take D J Hayden at CB, and then one of the 2 or 3 top Cs in round 3. I am a bit partial to Barrett Jones myself, since he can play any OL position.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I am totally off of Warmack now. He was my "main man" all this year, but I have just read a lot of things now that really got me thinking. I am totally still into Cooper though. I now feel much safer with Cooper if we were going to take an OG with our 1st pick.

I agree however with ndhillst that there will be some very good upgrades to our interior OL in the 2nd and even the 3rd round. With that in mind, I am highly in favor of taking whichever great OLB falls to us: Jordan, Ansah, Mingo, or Jones. To me that is the money position, so to speak. Would be great to have a guy who can get 1 or more sacks every game and chase the QB out of the pocket most downs.

We would hit a home run in my opinion if we went best OLB in 1st round, then grab Pugh in round 2 if he falls or take D J Hayden at CB, and then one of the 2 or 3 top Cs in round 3. I am a bit partial to Barrett Jones myself, since he can play any OL position.
What have you read about Warmack to change your mind?