Bennett

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This is from a Denver News paper. Probably garbage but who knows?

Done deal?

Arizona: Expect the Cardinals to pull the trigger on a trade for Minnesota tailback Michael Bennett before the Oct. 18 deadline. Arizona has been talking to the Vikings about the deal, and coach Dennis Green reportedly wants Bennett to agree to a long-term contract with the Cardinals. Bennett is scheduled to become a free agent after this season.

Arizona wants Bennett and will offer him a chance to do well. Plus, he knows Green, who as Minnesota's coach drafted him in the first round in 2001. The day Green was fired, Bennett watched the coach's farewell news conference in tears.

Bennett doesn't fit in Minnesota anymore, and that's why all the Vikings want in return is a sixth-round draft choice. Bennett, a good change-of- pace back, has great speed.

Big blow for Bills

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a 6th round pick we get a world-class speedster, and proven (pro-bowl?) back and a guy that is as motivated as anyone to preform.

I really don't see the down-side.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
If this is true?

I will take anybody for a 6th rounder.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That story is about 2 weeks old though, it was mentioned on here at the time and I cut and pasted it from the Denver Post.

It still may happen but last I read Bennett had mended ways with Tice somewhat and was less likely to be dealt.

For a 6th rounder it's definitely an interesting deal to look at but of course Graves has also publicly stated we have no interest in Bennett.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Normally I would say no to Bennett because he is more frail than single pane glass--but for a 6th rounder-- I say, "Hell yes"

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Depth never hurts.
But still, of all the places to jam a proverbial finger into the leaking damn that is the Cardinals? Good value for a 6th though. If true.
Throw Mt. McKinney in and I'd be happy. :D

khilari

Rookie
Reaction score
For a 6th Rounder I would give him a shot but our main problem has been our OL Blocking schemes. We need to get a proven OL coach that can teach our young OL the POWER RUNNING style......

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
khilari said:
For a 6th Rounder I would give him a shot but our main problem has been our OL Blocking schemes. We need to get a proven OL coach that can teach our young OL the POWER RUNNING style......

Mike Tice should be available in 06...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this seems to be a repeat of a discounted story but...

Bennett for a sixth rounder is a no brainer, you do that in a heartbeat. IF that is seriously on the table, then Bennett will be a Cardinal and we will have a very deep RB corp.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
For a 6th round pick we get a world-class speedster, and proven (pro-bowl?) back and a guy that is as motivated as anyone to preform.

I really don't see the down-side.

Sorry but other than his one 1200 yard year I dont see how you can call Michael bennett a "proven" player. All he has proven is that he is inconsistent and injury prone at most.

Last edited:

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
And if they WERE going to do this, I would think they would want it done BEFORE the bye week, not after....

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
So you're saying he'd fit in perfectly with our RBs?

Nope. saying whats the point?

OP
OP
john h

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
That story is about 2 weeks old though, it was mentioned on here at the time and I cut and pasted it from the Denver Post.

It still may happen but last I read Bennett had mended ways with Tice somewhat and was less likely to be dealt.

For a 6th rounder it's definitely an interesting deal to look at but of course Graves has also publicly stated we have no interest in Bennett.

Thanks for bursting my balloon Russ. I do not believe anything until I see it posted by Skorp.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think the point is that we could get him for a 6th rounder so why the hell not, hes much better than any 6th rounder

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I would be thrilled.

People think we can pull some trade for a good olinemen instead. Thats insane. If we want a lineman we can still sign Verba I think.

Personally I would move Ross to RG, keep Wakefield at RT and then slide Brown over to LG and make Wells the Center.

If we signed Verba I would make him one guard, Ross the other, with Wells at center. But thats just me.

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would someone do us a favor and, every Monday, post a new "Bennett to Cards?" thread to save time?"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05